ULSTER V Biarritz: live

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cavanman
Novice

Re: ULSTER V Biarritz: live

Post by Cavanman »

Sweet kick by Humps, nerves of steel! Atmosphere was great after he put that between the posts.Likin it!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

29xThePain wrote:I've just came home and have now made sex wee in my pants! This is awesome! BP win in Aironi and we're through to Heiny QF's am I correct?

Bath destroyed Aironi today 55-16 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9358249.stm)

COME ON ULSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

By my quick reckoning, pools 5 and 6 which still have 2 games to go each, could deny us a QF place even with a 5 point in Aironi. However, if the Scarlets get a 4 point win tonight (ie no bonus) or Wasps lose to Glasgow tomorrow and don't get 2 losing BP's via 4 tries and a less than 7 point defeat, then a 5 pointer in Aironi will see us through.

Worst results for us generally from the outstanding round 5 games would be a Leicester win tonight and Wasps win tomorrow as then a last round combination of (i) Leciester beating Treviso at home with a BP (ii) Perpignan beating the Scarlets at home with a BP and (iii) Wasps beating Toulouse at home but Toulouse getting a losing BP, could see us fail to make the QF's even with 22 points :(

However, I'm still confident that 22 points should see us through to a QF in some form and of course my quick analysis could all be wrong on here!
BPH
Initiate

Post by BPH »

Jesus, I've just waded through about 15 posts of Shem moaning about how crap we are. Why even bother commenting? It's not constructive or interesting, it's just negative carping.

Fair play Humph
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

With Biarritz playing with a stong wind in the first half we limited them to 6 points,and we were unlucky not to score two tries,in the second half [normally when we have faded ] we denied them any points,and we were unlucky not to score a try.Biarritz defence was awesome,and we met them in this area as well in the second half,of course we are not the real deal yet,but as I mentioned last week that second half performance probably put us in good stead for todays game,we will once again learn from this and we can only improve,can't wait now for the Aironi game.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Hope Botha and Best are allright
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Thank goodness for a decent referee for once. No complaints on that score. When a ref is in proper charge of a game what a difference it makes to the whole rugby experience.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Cracker wrote:Thank goodness for a decent referee for once. No complaints on that score. When a ref is in proper charge of a game what a difference it makes to the whole rugby experience.

Agree but did reckon he could have showed a second yellow for persistant french infringements after the second half :wink:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Scarlets up at HT with just 1 try. A 4 point win for the Scarlets would do us rightly as (i think) it would mean that a 5 point win next week would guarantee us a QF. Good game as well, with the Scarlets playing some cracking rugby
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Bart S wrote:Scarlets up at HT with just 1 try. A 4 point win for the Scarlets would do us rightly as (i think) it would mean that a 5 point win next week would guarantee us a QF. Good game as well, with the Scarlets playing some cracking rugby

Aye was at the fixture in Leicester,totally different game
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Just finished me last Bushmills in celebration. Well deserved win. Shem on you!!! :mrgreen:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Darn. Big win for the Tigers 32-13 at Llanelli. Given they're almost certain to beat Treviso at home with a BP and finish with 22pts, the concern for us is Perpignan who will also finish on 22 pts if they win at home to the Scarlets and pick up a 4 try BP. Really need Glasgow to front up at home and turn Wasps over, denying them 4 tries or a losing BP, even though they have absolutely nothing to play for. If they don't, then securing a best runners up place is out of our hands.
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

this assumes Biarritz gets a BP win against Bath - not a gimmy
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Absolutely. was just pointing out that unless Glasgow win and deny Wasps either a losing or 4 try BP, then a 5 point win in Aironi won't guarantee us a place in the Heiny.

Sorry to be so pessimistic!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Yip we needed either 5 points or Biarritz not to get bonus today, all could go very down next week even with a 5 pointer unless Bath can prevent Biarritz getting 4 trys.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Surely if we are even on pts it comes down to try's scored.

How many trys have Wasps and Leicester scored in comparison to us?