Mexicans

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexicans

Post by Cockatrice »

To the Mexican (with orange laces) that I met at the Orange Tree and who occasionally dips his toes into this site feel free to PM me next time your coming to Belfast.... btw well done. We had some good craic even raising topics that some on this site frawn apon.

Same to be said for the 2 Leicester fans that I met and if you dip in as well feel free to say hi and look forward to another drink someday.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
nylo wrote:We found a restaurant near the Eye and arrived at the same time as an older couple in Leinster garb and they looked like we should have - not a smile or a cheer to be seen. Very weird!
I met up with my wife and daughter in the centre of London on the Sunday morning - they were on a girlie weekend doing a bit of shopping and taking in a show (all arranged long before we ever thought of being anywhere near the heineken cup final) and they commented on seeing lots of leinster fans the night before all looking as miserable as sin, and not a celebration in sight. they both agreed that by the looks of them ALL, anyone would have though Ulster had trounced them.
Have heard a few people saying similar things, but I would point out the following :-

1. It was their 3rd win in 4 years, so they are more used to it. Yes they beat off a provincial rival which is always sweet but Ulster's record over a number of years means we have not seriously challenged them and there was never a desire for "revenge".

2. It was (and it pains me to say it) relatively comfortable

3. I suspect if any of us had been in Bordeaux after the semi there would have been no shortage of euphoric Leinster fans.....it's a bit like my experience of the euphoria post semi final having been less than after the win at Thomond.

I reckon if Leinster had celebrated wildy there would have been more allegations on here of lording it over us, gloating etc.

I've seen our lot when we win and whilst I don't think we generally cross the line between celebrating and rubbing up the opposition, there are occasions where we come close or where if the shoe were on the other foot, I'm sure some on here would complain.

Finally, I saw Munster fans at the final getting a fair bit of stick from both Leinster and particularly Ulster fans, about being the 3rd province in Ireland and asking why they were there etc. All good natured, but i'm sure if it were the other way,some on here would not be happy....
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine