Cardiff Blues V Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Re: Cardiff Blues V Ulster

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Snipe Watson » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:34 pm
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
1.Court, 2.Herring, 3.Afoa, 4.Muller, 5.Tuohy, 6.Ferris, 7.Henry, 8.Williams, 9. Marshall, 10.Jackson, 11.Trimble, 12.Marshall 14.Cave, 15.Allen, 16.D'Arcy
And I do think the 13 shirt should be stood down for the rest of the season.
Team still wrong and while I don't want to be causing a stir or major debate why the 13 and not the 12 ? Would need the records of cables to sort it but he played 12 with Cave at 13 quite a few times.

I'm fairly sure his Twitter tag was @nevinspence13.
Not too sure about the number being stood down thing. A Spence Stand, NS on our shirts for the rest of the season, how many tributes do we need?

Besides that, he played at 12 a fair bit and I will be one of many who never really seen him as a 13.

If this accident had happened in Jan or Feb and Nevin had been wearing the 13 shirt week in week out I could see it differently and would be calling for the shirt to be dropped for the reminder, but the circumstances are different, he didnt play 1 minute this season :( and so had no shirt to call his own.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

1.Court
2.Brady
3.Afoa
4.Muller
5.Tuohy
6.Henderson
7.Henry
8.Williams
9.Marshall
10.Jackson
11.Gilroy
12.Wallace
13.Cave
14.Bowe
15.Payne

16.Herring
17.Black
18.Macklin
19.Stevenson
20.Ferris
21.Heaney
22.Marshall
23.Trimble.

Maybe??
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Amiga500 wrote:Ahh, fellas... Yez wouldn't do much for a youngster's confidence would yez!?!

If they were playing that well going into the match, they'd undoubtedly start for me. If its going pear shaped for them during the game, don't be afraid to hook them early on - but if a couple of youngsters in key positions came through and won a HEC match with flying colours - it would do wonders for their development and for the belief of much of the rest of the emerging talent in the squad.
Rugby isn't all about confidence it's about actual ability. Jackson,presently, can't kick goals from 60m out and Marshall will never posses the technical passing ability of Ruan. As Baggy says unless you believe in miracles neither will happen. There won't be a bench introduction thing for Pienaar he will step off the plane and start the first Heiney match. He did his preseason and is playing a level above Heiney cup anyway. The whole picking on form will only come into play once everyone has been given a chance to demonstrate where their form is at.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ulsterrr
Novice

Post by ulsterrr »

please tell me we are not talking about PM as a "youngster"? Alot of us seem to think PM is alot better than he is.

Pienaar "will step off the plane and start the first Heiney match" 100% agreed!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Silverstu wrote:You go the long way round to say anything don't you?
Actually my point was less specifically about your postings than a generally remark that I've read these kind of "rumours"before and they come across as paranoid, conspiracy theories - more suitable for those wearing tinfoil hats than those supporting Ulster rugby. I would rather we got on with backing discussing the actual team than indulging in vague references to behind the scenes goings on which help no one and are probably quite dubious.If you are going to make a point- make it don't imply/dance around it.
My my we are the proper little Hitler aren't we? Has Fermain bestowed moderator status on you? Frankly buddy you spoke rubbish had it pointed out to you and have had a second bite.

Now, frankly I refuse to enter a battle of wits with an unarmed man, so I'd rather you commented on something that you may have a smattering of knowledge on rather than shooting off your mouth willy nilly. :roll:

Lets try to agree on that shall we? :wink:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Olah Amiga, appears you believe in miracles :? I don't & sincerely hope Maaaaak doesn't either.
Hypothetically, if PM and PJ were playing out of their skins for a few weeks prior to the HEC - would you drop one of them for RP regardless?
Without having to think about it & it would be small who went.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
moondance wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:How about:
1.Court, 2.Herring, 3.Afoa, 4.Muller, 5.Stevenson, 6.Henderson, 7.Henry, 8.Williams, 9. Marshall, 10.Jackson, 11.Trimble, 12.Marshall 14.Cave, 15.Gilroy, 16.Payne

He is suggesting retiring the number 13 jersey.
:salut: :salut: For the season
Further evidence that 2BC chaps are much more intelligent that chaps what sit in the stand.
Or not, damn fool suggestion I am afraid to say Sniper, would imagine it may contradict a rule or two (had to be some reason Tigers gave up the letters), be unacceptable to the TV wallahs and Jared Payne/Paune/Pawn/Prawn would end up being sub hooker & I reckon he wouldn't fancy it one little bit. :lol:

Leave retiring numbers were it belongs - USA. :thumright:
ulsterrr
Novice

Post by ulsterrr »

I often think do players ever come onto these sort of boards... I HOPE RUAN DOESNT! If he reads that some ulster fans think PM on form could keep him out of the team he would think we don't appreciate him. He could show up 30 mins before kick off and id have him starting in any HEC game! We are lucky to have him. He starts every important game when more than 40% fit!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:1.Court, 2.Herring, 3.Afoa, 4.Muller, 5.Tuohy, 6.Ferris, 7.Henry, 8.Williams, 9. Marshall, 10.Jackson, 11.Trimble, 12.Marshall 14.Cave, 15.Allen, 16.D'Arcy

And I do think the 13 shirt should be stood down for the rest of the season.
Team still wrong and while I don't want to be causing a stir or major debate why the 13 and not the 12 ? Would need the records of cables :salut: to sort it but he played 12 with Cave at 13 quite a few times.
Amen to that brother Rooster, thought that myself, but you know me................hate to stir up trouble when feelings are raw. The 13 shirt is the property of D Cave & has been for quite some time - when fit, or not drinking girlie coffee ....black black or black are men's coffee options, or being lazy or slow or both
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Big-al wrote:1.Court
2.Brady
3.Afoa
4.Muller
5.Tuohy
6.Henderson
7.Henry
8.Williams
9.Marshall
10.Jackson
11.Gilroy
12.Wallace
13.Cave
14.Bowe
15.Payne

16.Herring
17.Black
18.Macklin
19.Stevenson
20.Ferris
21.Heaney
22.Marshall
23.Trimble.

Maybe??
Eh, eh! No cigar Al you big mentalist. :wink: Taking a lead from KOTH, I'd say 4 out. :lol: Love this game. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ulsterrr wrote:please tell me we are not talking about PM as a "youngster"? Alot of us seem to think PM is alot better than he is.

Pienaar "will step off the plane and start the first Heiney match" 100% agreed!
Who? Old PM, now in his 6th or 7th season with Ulster? Some of my newer undercrackers are younger than that 8)

Anyone not seeing the wisdom of Ruan stepping straight into the side hasn't been watching much rugby. Just hope MA isn't numbered amongst those. :shock:
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Gael wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Henderson
Can't wait to see this guy develop
You should stay in Coonian then. Unless you are running away from Widow Murphy...... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Haha don't know if ole Johnny had a wife. Must call down and ask him before I go! :(
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Jared Payne/Paune/Pawn/Prawn would end up being sub hooker & I reckon he wouldn't fancy it one little bit. :lol:
Payne to Hooker and Brady to Fullback - no biggie. :wink:
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Maaaark killed KOTH in the parlour with the lead piping!!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: :salut: :salut: For the season
Further evidence that 2BC chaps are much more intelligent that chaps what sit in the stand.
Or not, damn fool suggestion I am afraid to say Sniper, would imagine it may contradict a rule or two (had to be some reason Tigers gave up the letters), be unacceptable to the TV wallahs and Jared Payne/Paune/Pawn/Prawn would end up being sub hooker & I reckon he wouldn't fancy it one little bit. :lol:

Leave retiring numbers were it belongs - USA. :thumright:
Self praise is no recommendation, Snipe ........ especially when it comes from the 2BC!!!!

Gotta agree with baggie on this one. Lots of ways possible to honour Nevin's memory, but for me, retiring a shirt number (12 or 13) isn't one of them. I might have been more sympathetic to the idea had he played in one shirt number and made it his own over a long number of seasons but he didn't and there are other players who can rightfully say they had as big a claim on that number as Nevin. Let's find another more appropriate way - hopefully one that lasts longer than the season and leave this sort of thing to the Yanks.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right