Castres 18/19/20 January 2013

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Castres 18/19/20 January 2013

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Anyone any idea of the number of supporters going over? Charter sold out?

Also anyone studied the local hostelries, i know about the irish bar etc but are there any other ideas of where to set up camp?

Travelling in party of 4no. staying at hotel le miredames, castres :fleg:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

limited info on the place, first time playing in Heineken. Irish pub is a safe bet as a meeting point, unless anyone with a decent grasp of the lingo could go onto their fan forums and try and find out more info.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Last time we drank in the bar of local hero Jose Diaz. But it wasn't exactly central, and I think it may be closed now anyway. We also drank in a typicla little french bar beside the railway station - too small for a meeting point. Sorry.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:Standing beside HWM doesn't count; too easy, it's like spotting yourself on the TV at the doors to C&A.
I don't stand beside HWM - he stands near me. :evil:

He used to stand further back and to the other side of the yella line, but he migrated down to be near the 2bc (and the rockettes) :roll:

Isn't that right, Mikey?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I don't stand beside HWM - he stands near me. :evil:
F=Gm1m2/r^2
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Two of us in tribune nord section 11. A first time SUFTUMing in France. Looking forward to it!

>drinks

>clapping
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
cardweg
Novice

Post by cardweg »

:blueafro:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
cardweg wrote:Might even wear MY XXL Ulster shirt c 2001 in homage to the great Cap'n. With his new media career, I might even seek out his autograph >you_rock
Aye - because I've never been on tele before :lol:
But you look so much more distinguished in your day job >clapping :blueafro: >clapping

CW
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Due to a bereavment I know of a spare tkt going at the Castres game...it's not mine but I can put any interested party in touch...it's a sideline tkt for face value but a decent offer might secure,..pm me if interested.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
devonredhand
Novice

Post by devonredhand »

Hope everyone gets there ok, it's not looking good for my 10am flight from Bristol tomorrow morning.
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Devon

4 of us on same plane.....assuming we even get to Bristol from Belfast tonight! Heavy snow around take off time tomorrow so looking somewhat dubious......
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
devonredhand
Novice

Post by devonredhand »

Was travelling up tomorrow morning but staying in Bristol tonight now as I reckon driving the 5 miles in the morning will be hard enough let alone over 100. We are getting there really early to make sure if it is cancelled we will be first on the list for the Saturday morning flight which JUST gets in in time for a train to Castres. See you at Bristol for what is likely to be a long day but with a few beers.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Safe travels too all.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Tevez wrote:Devon

4 of us on same plane.....assuming we even get to Bristol from Belfast tonight! Heavy snow around take off time tomorrow so looking somewhat dubious......

NIGHTMARE for those that travelled to Bristol this morning as their flight to Toulouse was cancelled.
I understand 9 or 10 fans have travelled up to Gatwick in taxis in the hope of boarding the early flight to Toulouse tomorrow morning. I know the 1-30 from Gatwick today took off as scheduled so can only hope that tomorrow mornings flight does also and they get to Castres in time for ko ... I wish them luck ... this seems to happen EVERY January ... Paris/Bath spring to mind
Damnevar
Novice

Post by Damnevar »

Flight to Gatwick delayed then cancelled this morning, connections missed - gutted. Will now be Standing Up in Belfast. 4 of us had hoped to do every Heineken game this year.
devonredhand
Novice

Post by devonredhand »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
Tevez wrote:Devon

NIGHTMARE for those that travelled to Bristol this morning as their flight to Toulouse was cancelled.
I understand 9 or 10 fans have travelled up to Gatwick in taxis in the hope of boarding the early flight to Toulouse tomorrow morning. I know the 1-30 from Gatwick today took off as scheduled so can only hope that tomorrow mornings flight does also and they get to Castres in time for ko ... I wish them luck ... this seems to happen EVERY January ... Paris/Bath spring to mind
Was on the Bristol flight too. Did hear some ridiculous prices being paid for taxis, thankfully for two of us the trains were still running to London so paid £40 for that and spent the night in gatwick.

As far as I know everyone made it alright, saw most of them boarding the morning flight.