Ireland v. Italy Live

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland v. Italy Live

Post by Jackie Brown »

I think Zebo is a decent winger, on a par with Gilroy. Not as good as you'd believe reading the vitriol on MF.

Comes across as an Brennan though.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

pythagoras wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
Russ wrote:Maybe, and this is just a small maybe, you have an inferiority complex in Munter when in comes to Leinster and Ulster
That's an interesting theory.
To me it looks like Ulster look up to Leinster but resent Munster.
Where the heck did you get that from??!

Gotta love the Munster superiority complex :)
I didn't get it from you WW.
As an example of where I got it from are the derogatory remarks that are made about so many Munster players.
O'Mahony was regularly the subject of ridicule on here, ditto Earls, Murray and now Zebo.
Yeah, just like Trimble, Best & Jacko gets over there Py - it works both ways ;)

It has to be said that the level of spite on that match thread over there yesterday was as bad as I've ever seen on Munsterfans - which I have been reading for years I might add.

It wasn't quite at Gwlad levels but it wasn't far off IMO.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Wee Woman wrote:

The whole thing is utterly ridiculous. 20 years ago one man and his dog went to the interprovincial matches. Now you have people who have developed a whole culture around not supporting their own province but being nasty towards the other provinces. Rugby unfortunately is not immune from the idiocy prevalent in contemporary society.

I saw this first hand at a Munster v Leinster game where you had moronic idiots from both sides hurling abuse at players and supporters and in one case hurling something more physical at other supporters. Utterly pathetic. Now it was a small number of people involved but at the same time it is a development I don't want to see.

I suppose it is naive of me to want to see Ireland supporters as one and supporters during provincial encounters engaging in slagging etc minus the nastiness. The world is turning and is becoming desensitised to disrespect.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Wee Woman wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
Russ wrote:Maybe, and this is just a small maybe, you have an inferiority complex in Munter when in comes to Leinster and Ulster
That's an interesting theory.
To me it looks like Ulster look up to Leinster but resent Munster.

I didn't get it from you WW.
As an example of where I got it from are the derogatory remarks that are made about so many Munster players.
O'Mahony was regularly the subject of ridicule on here, ditto Earls, Murray and now Zebo.
Yeah, just like Trimble, Best & Jacko gets over there Py - it works both ways ;)

It has to be said that the level of spite on that match thread over there yesterday was as bad as I've ever seen on Munsterfans - which I have been reading for years I might add.

It wasn't quite at Gwlad levels but it wasn't far off IMO.
It is descending to Gwlad levels. So much hate.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Jackie Brown wrote:O'Mahoney isn't fit to lace Ferris or SOBs boots.
Patent garbage, his performances this 6N alone render him more than fit to lace anyone's boots.

Jackie Brown wrote:DK loved giving his boys all the time they needed to improve in the Ireland shirt. Thank god we don't have to endure that nonsense anymore.
Your problem back then was that Ulster were sh1te and you couldn't accept that.
You were only in the HC every year because of Munster's success.
You didn't have many players of the standard for the national side.
Even the ones that were, were outshone. For example Rory Best by Flannery
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:

The whole thing is utterly ridiculous. 20 years ago one man and his dog went to the interprovincial matches. Now you have people who have developed a whole culture around not supporting their own province but being nasty towards the other provinces. Rugby unfortunately is not immune from the idiocy prevalent in contemporary society.

I saw this first hand at a Munster v Leinster game where you had moronic idiots from both sides hurling abuse at players and supporters and in one case hurling something more physical at other supporters. Utterly pathetic. Now it was a small number of people involved but at the same time it is a development I don't want to see.

I suppose it is naive of me to want to see Ireland supporters as one and supporters during provincial encounters engaging in slagging etc minus the nastiness. The world is turning and is becoming desensitised to disrespect.
I blame the decline of the GAA and football, and Radge
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pythagoras wrote:

FFS Shan, are you auditioning to be the next pope or something?
What? I don't understand what a pope has to do with awful accusations of racism.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Russ wrote: I blame the decline of the GAA and football, and Radge
Russ learns as he goes and yet....
Is it just me or does anyone else suspect that Russ might be an artificial intelligence experiment?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

pythagoras wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:O'Mahoney isn't fit to lace Ferris or SOBs boots.
Patent garbage, his performances this 6N alone render him more than fit to lace anyone's boots.

Jackie Brown wrote:DK loved giving his boys all the time they needed to improve in the Ireland shirt. Thank god we don't have to endure that nonsense anymore.
Your problem back then was that Ulster were sh1te and you couldn't accept that.
You were only in the HC every year because of Munster's success.
You didn't have many players of the standard for the national side.
Even the ones that were, were outshone. For example Rory Best by Flannery
Hop on. I could accept Ulster were tom kite. I stood on the Terrace and watched their tom kite season after season. However it appears to be MF who can't comprehend the fact their players aren't as good as they like to think they are.

Right I refuse to respond to anymore of this nonsense Mr.Triangle. you're trying to drag this down to a provincial slegging match.
Last edited by Jackie Brown on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Shan wrote:
pythagoras wrote:

FFS Shan, are you auditioning to be the next pope or something?
What? I don't understand what a pope has to do with awful accusations of racism.
What awful accusations, have you read any?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

iRobot Py!

Anyways, it all comes down to Deccie's reign of terror

Basically some decent, but not better than everyone else, players were given years and tens of caps by Deccie, and now are dropped by Schmidt and Munter cannot work out why as they think winning away at Harlequins is fecking brilliant but losing to Edinburgh is negligible

So, Kidney and GAA are to blame
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Jackie Brown wrote: Right I refuse to respond to anymore of this nonsense Mr.Triangle. you're trying to drag this down to a provincial slegging match.
sez he who started it
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pythagoras wrote:

I agree with you here Py. I said it last year on here that he would be a future Ireland Captain and there was some online giggling in response, though to be fair I rather disguised the serious claim well in a somewhat jocular post. My view has only been enhanced by what I've seen this year. But he has plenty of improvement still in him. When he hits his peak I think he will be up there at the top of the ladder.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Miss, Miss, he started it
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pythagoras wrote:
What awful accusations, have you read any?

This is what I said.
Jackie- I hope that is not true. Nothing would surprise me with some people but really this would be a very sad development.
Now that is pretty straightforward English in my book but if you need help- IF it is true it would be a sad development.

Now what is your point?