Manshamed....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: Manshamed....

Post by Gary »

Can we be sure that our tactics are not forced upon Doak?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Russ wrote:Pretty sure mr j afoa formally of our parish held a lineout masterclass a few months back

So we now need to disguise our calls
Surely if that was the case we would just change the code?

I've seen a few teams do this not just us. The hooker goes to the mark while the rest of the team (apart from Black in our case) get a wee breather and it looks like something is happening as the messenger whispers sweet nothings in the hookers ear.

It does disguise calls but allows the throwing in team to mask where they line up until the last minute.

But there has to be a kill switch if someone doesn't like what they see rather than just bumbling on regardless which seems to be our current motto.
Ireland also do it.
Must be a Nucifora thing

Nucifora out
Maybe they learnt that lesson at the Tigers game when their codes were broken by thon female beside Cockers...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
MARB
Novice

Post by MARB »

Would love to know the reason there is so much bad blood between Doak and Clarke.
"I would never bow to the knees of an opponent. I was never prepared to give second best to him and I'm sure that is the trait of a true Ulsterman."

Willie John McBride
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

MARB wrote:Would love to know the reason there is so much bad blood between Doak and Clarke.
Never heard that one before, like to expand ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
MARB
Novice

Post by MARB »

Rooster wrote:
MARB wrote:Would love to know the reason there is so much bad blood between Doak and Clarke.
Never heard that one before, like to expand ?
Just heard from someone who would be friendly with one of the two that they just don't get along and there's a bit of a conflict of interest. Could just be a rugby related issue and hope it is! Assumed it was common knowledge...
"I would never bow to the knees of an opponent. I was never prepared to give second best to him and I'm sure that is the trait of a true Ulsterman."

Willie John McBride
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Clarke is an ornery wee sod. I could imagine he would be hard to work with.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Currently I feel Craig Gilroy is the only Ulster player who cannot be manshamed on current form. Herring comes close but doesn't quite make it.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Gary wrote:Can we be sure that our tactics are not forced upon Doak?
They are, players are just not good enough to execute them, or the coaching staff is not good enough to execute them
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:Currently I feel Craig Gilroy is the only Ulster player who cannot be manshamed on current form. Herring comes close but doesn't quite make it.
If you are talking about Sunday OK, but on current form you are way off. You cannot simply tar everyone with the same brush on the basis of one dire outing. there's no arguing that iHumph has been anything but shocking for a while, Williams has been a mixed bag some good a mostly dire, Luke Marshall has been poor, Ross is a half decent 6 playing at 7 and not equipped in either skill or speed. Ruan has been struggling to find form in a misfiring team. Mike Allen has been average at best.
On the other hand:
Roger Wilson is going well. Darren Cave has had one bad game in the midst of a crap storm of mediocrity when playing as captain. Wiehahn Herbst hasn't been manshamed and neither has Franco van der Merwe who hasn't had a rest since he arrived. Hendo has been good since his return. Rob Herring has been in the form of his life. Ludik has done little wrong, he an honest decent performer. Tuohy is only back from injury so judgement is unfair.

I make that six players not good enough and one of them is the best player in the team. :thumleft:
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

skiboo wrote:There is only one way this is going and the train crash will not be a pretty sight.
We have been gifted a ground with world class facilities, have a team which appeared to have much potential until our word class coaching team got their hands on them and a level of loyal support envied in the league.
I am watching all of this effort,hard work and potential going down the pan.
When a player like Ruan start to lose it we have reached the bottom and I feel he is losing it.
When a club does little or nothing to support players who have had harsh judgment going against them it is on a slippery slope to a collapse of morale and I see signs we are there. Playing as individuals not a team
When a coach continues to select players who are just not up to the job or whose form has left them them we are in trouble
When the extent of the tactics is kick and chase we are easily read and lucky when we are not beaten.
When loyal and committed supporters are doubting if a season ticket purchase makes sense because this seasons crap rugby was just not good to watch and what used to be an enjoyable experience at Ravenhill is now a trial of endurance.
When cries of stop this madness goes unheeded and there is no reaction from management like the team I start to think why bother.
I want to scream"For goodness sake Ulster waken up before it is to late" but not only will it not be listened to but at this stage in the season in a world cup year there is probably little which can be done
Ive written the season off and look forward to more elbow room in the stands and terraces next year when the more fickle or maybe the more sensible of our supporters vote with their feet..

Why not get someone blessed with wisdom good sense and written skills to draft a suitable petition and all concerned supporters sign it before sending it to fit controller. Just saying like ;-)
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Gary wrote:Can we be sure that our tactics are not forced upon Doak?
They are, players are just not good enough to execute them, or the coaching staff is not good enough to execute them
That's what I thought Kofi. Don't think our half-backs are entirely suitable for Schmidt's kicking game anyway. I wouldn't put the complete blame on Doaky...well not entirely.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians