Orange Hatefest 2015

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Orange Hatefest 2015

Post by Russ »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:One built by "Them uns"............... proof that Prods are better buiilders:
Bonfire_Derry.jpg
I wonder if there was chat show for two hours on burning the Union Flag and damage to the environment :roll:

Is Kofi on the wind-up, or is he legitimately this much of a short-sighted and/or contrarian cúnt?
He's pointing out the hypocrisy of the arguments

One of those moments where it's fine for one to do it but not the other

Kind of like the populist notion now that it's fine for the ira to murder people but heaven forbid someone takes out someone in the ira
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

solidarity wrote:A question I've often asked myself but never been able to answer satisfactorily: If the 'Twelfth' and all that surrounds it didn't exist, what would I point to as the distinctive expression of Northern Irish culture? Seems like it is our only defining cultural event. Now there's a depressing thought if I ever heard one.
Off the top of my head:

- Potato bread
- Parochialism (of the positive, community kind, as well as the ridiculous "get aff ma land" kind)
- Bicommunal hatred of English people
- Loose cultural allegiances with Scotland, fostered upon shared hatred of English people
- Golfers
- Local comedy (Jake O'Kane, Colin Murphy, Barry the Blender, thon "so North Down" spud)

Now none of these are "single distinctive expressions" of NI culture, but I'd argue that culture can't and shouldn't be reduced to one single, or headline, thing.
The scrounger class would be 100% taken over by drugs and drug warfare
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It was old but it was beautiful and the colours .......... we're borderline acceptable but there were only two bedrooms so that's another place off my list. Pity it had a nice parcel of land and great views.

This is not as easy as I thought. Suppose if I'd been a tax dodger as well as a coffin dodger and squirrelled away a lock o'thousand it might be easier. However as hopefully my last move it must be right, still I've 2 years to find my Shangri-La, no panic.

Hope it's raining there, I'm fecking' lying low out of the noonday Sun, I'm not fecking' English nor a dawg. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Don't worry about it Baldy, "culture" in general is an ephemeral bit of bullshite in almost all circumstances and is impossible to pin down even in cities as allegedly "cultural" as gay Paris.

In the wee bitter :oman: case it's nothing to do with what the world in general regards as culture, it's simply that when little Billy Orangebastard bleats about his "culture being attacked" he really means he wants to return to the days when his triumphalism was an inalienable right and any fenianbastard who didn't like it could go suck his cack.

Being as kind as possible to wee Billy, in general he is a wee ned, mentally impoverished though often surprisingly well heeled, through legal or illegal endeavour. It's just that he is a small minded little oaf who believes his life should be centred upon events of several hundred years ago and is burdened by a sense that all that is important in life is in danger of slipping away. For example anyone who has a sympathetic mind will instantly observe that a city hall without a union Jack just doesn't look right.

The wee Billy Orangebastard should be more to be pitied than hated .........it's simply that I so enjoy scorning and detesting the clowns.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I saw a video yesterday where an American tourist was invited to meet the bonnie builders of the west of the city

He sat them down and talked about why they built it
They didnt know
He asked them what their culture was, they came out with soundbites

He asked them why? They couldnt answer

These children are indoctrinated
Just like the catholic church indoctrinate
Just like the islamic state indoctrinate

This is no different

This is child abuse and this abuse has been going on for generations. So long in fact it is now ingrained in the psyche of the community
They'll have kids and they'll be indoctrinated too

I would say education is their only hope. But it's not a hope. Big brothers, daddies, mummies etc have never known anything different. They cannot think for themselves, only talking in soundbites

So how do we fix it?
The only way is to make extremists see how wrong they are

The only way to do that is to remove all the social protections we put in place and let them live lawlessly

Hopefully then they will wise up and see that in other for things to change they need to change
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ, has it ever occurred to you as being even slightly odd that in almost every case across the planet, children who are of a religious bent adhere to the very same religion as their parents? No me neither, religion, all religions are about seizing a child before it has any sense of discernment and indoctrinating them into the usually quite odd and semi-mystical practice of the religious practices.

These odd practices range from some dirty ould relic slicing off perfectly good foreskins, some bushmamma mutilating a girls vadge to ensure she struggles to find any sort of sexual pleasure, for that would never do & I'll guarantee that was a man's idea, to having child brides of Christ running around in pseudo wedding dresses aged 8 or similar. The abhorrence of bacon is a bizarre one, truly amazing to a man who could live on bacon.

My personal favourite is the wee "I can't believe it's not Jesus" snack & the presumably god awful chape communion wine. Some believe it to mysteriously and actually become the meat (presumably all those foreskins) & blood of Christ, others that it is simply a symbol of the same thing. In either event I abhor the cannibalistic imagery of eating your saviour. :scratch:

The world over indoctrination is how life is done, be it the singing of the company song in Japan, Masonic lodges in Belfast, and god knows how many ley & religious pieces of garbage that are held as not just important, but essential - utter feckin' madness. If folk stepped back briefly and looked at the number of ways they have been indoctrinated to make society work after a fashion, they would be amazed at the array of both harmless & harmful things they have bought into and allowed to be done to them.

In many ways the lunatics in states like North Dakota where they head for the hills and live in compounds, awaiting a visit from Louis Theroux, are amongst the more sensible of people, seeing both real and perceived threats to their personal sense of freedom, warped as many of their visions undoubtedly are, but they at least understand that free will is ripped from your being by all manner of indoctrinations almost as soon as you take your first breath on the seemingly long but in terms of the universe, a blink of the eye, roller-coaster which leads to your eternal death, despite what the sky pilots lie to you about. >EW

Harrumph.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

They seem to be in some confusion this year. When is the Eleventh night? Some boneys were lit last night, some the night. Very important to keep the Lord's Day sacred amongst the good humoured cultural frolics >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Levenf night starts on Saturday night for the weens, then pauses for the Sabbath, then continues after midnight the night.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

solidarity wrote:A question I've often asked myself but never been able to answer satisfactorily: If the 'Twelfth' and all that surrounds it didn't exist, what would I point to as the distinctive expression of Northern Irish culture? Seems like it is our only defining cultural event. Now there's a depressing thought if I ever heard one.
Off the top of my head:

- Potato bread
- Parochialism (of the positive, community kind, as well as the ridiculous "get aff ma land" kind)
- Loose cultural allegiances with Scotland, fostered upon shared hatred of English people
- Golfers
- Local comedy (Jake O'Kane, Colin Murphy, Barry the Blender, thon "so North Down" spud)

Now none of these are "single distinctive expressions" of NI culture, but I'd argue that culture can't and shouldn't be reduced to one single, or headline, thing.
Potato bread trumps the rest, especially as part of that great cultural icon, the Ulster fry. Often imitated as the 'Full... breakfast' but never surpassed. True, Rory, it's the combination of everything that makes a culture what it is,, the combination of very ordinary ordinary things that make up ordinary life.

A wandering thought. Anybody tried any of the new local beers that are becoming a part of our culture? Surely all of them must be better than Harp.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Again, viewing this at a distance but the images I'm seeing are worse than ever:
- coffins with shinners on bonfires
- gildernew on a hangmans noose on a bonfire
- nazi and confederate flegs on street lampposts
- people evacuated from homes and their homes boarded up due to a bonfire next door
- bonfires being built ON roads??? WTF??

Very sad really. The twelth itself by and large outside is a reasonable spectacle outside Belfast but the leadership of the order needs to grow a set and think about if it still wants to exist in 20 years.

Here's hoping for a reasonably trouble-free next few days.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

againstthehead wrote:The twelth itself by and large outside is a reasonable spectacle outside Belfast
I disagree. It's the same sectarian shyte with cuchies instead of townies. Many of the bands are just as offensive.

The idea of the countryfolk getting along in contrast to the Belfasties is something of a myth imo.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I haven't been to a 12th in about 15 years but I'll argue with you anyway big Merve lol. I agree there are certainly offensive bands outside of Belfast - particularly in the large towns. But in the likes of Fermanagh and Tyrone there are a lot of pipe, brass and silver bands which are decent enough. You just don't see ANY of that around Belfast. So I think there definitely is a distinct difference. As a student I remember standing on the Lisburn road for about 2 minutes to watch gangs of hoods chant UDA as they followed their local KTP band and was horrified. I'd say there are probably 3 levels: Belfast (90% KTP), Large towns such as a Portadown, Derry and Larne (40-50% KTP) and then the rural stuff (5-10% KTP).
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

solidarity wrote:
Off the top of my head:

- Potato bread
- Golfers

Potato bread trumps the rest, especially as part of that great cultural icon, the Ulster fry. Often imitated as the 'Full... breakfast' but never surpassed. True, Rory, it's the combination of everything that makes a culture what it is,, the combination of very ordinary ordinary things that make up ordinary life.

A wandering thought. Anybody tried any of the new local beers that are becoming a part of our culture? Surely all of them must be better than Harp.

Solids, Camel's pish is better than Harp*** however I refuse to judge any drink on that standard. That said I am not equipped to make a call on local beers, I'm a creature of habit, I drink Guinness, Black Bush & black coffee ...........occasionally in heat I will drink beer or cider. On my current escapade I have found San Miguel Selecta - Spain's answer to Bo - a satisfying drop at a pleasant 6.2 kick.

Normally I can be relied upon to only drink the black drinks.

*** Many decades ago at Warrenpoint GC in their splendid 72 hole Scratch Cup, I was handed a pint of amber beer & on enquiring was told it was Harp. I didn't believe it because it was actually tasty. On enquiring I found that they got Harp direct from the Dundalk brewery & that it was "different" from normal nordie Harp. Whodda guessed?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Kofi Annan wrote:One built by "Them uns"............... proof that Prods are better buiilders:
Bonfire_Derry.jpg
I wonder if there was chat show for two hours on burning the Union Flag and damage to the environment :roll:

Is Kofi on the wind-up, or is he legitimately this much of a short-sighted and/or contrarian cúnt?
Really, is that your best shot. As a piece of pond life you would not understand hypocrisy . I have absolutely no love for the OO or for what stands for, but I can't help but noticing the one sighted nonsense in this shît hole of a country ,last week it was reported in some press that orange halls etc were burnt out, that was reported as " vandalism " now If some one was to burn out say a GAA hall etc , it would be a " hate crime".

any one who uses the word Cnut in a post or in a verbal conversation is pretty pi$h poor as a human being with the burning desire within oneself to show the world what a complete an utter arsè he is , what a hateful vile little child you are.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”