Schools Cup 2016

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Beattiespastie
Squire

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Beattiespastie »

Chuckle.. Ballymena are a better side. MCB have a young side and it's probably a year too soon but today's game informed me that We may be looking at losing semi finalists in MCB & RBAI No drama. Ballymena/ Campbell on this evidence. Do RBAI have a star injured or something ? They were disjointed and error prone against s naive young MCB side who if they had taken their chances second half would have been victors.l
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

47??? Beat you hands down young fella!! It's all s bit of fun Chuckle! It's about the young lads developing into a few future Ulster players. My son was involved in three schools cup winning squads that produced a few Academy players but also left as many lads who just decided to pursue their studies at University after having enough of schools rugby and fair play to them.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MarcoPolo
Novice

Post by MarcoPolo »

Beattiespastie wrote:Chuckle.. Ballymena are a better side. MCB have a young side and it's probably a year too soon but today's game informed me that We may be looking at losing semi finalists in MCB & RBAI No drama. Ballymena/ Campbell on this evidence. Do RBAI have a star injured or something ? They were disjointed and error prone against s naive young MCB side who if they had taken their chances second half would have been victors.l
There's no 'I' in TEAM! Bit tedious reading these threads and the overhype of early season games. No side really dominating Ballymena beat RBAI and MCB but CCB beat Ballymena 12-0 in a 20 min tournament match late Sept. Then CCB get beaten by Coleraine whom RBAI and BMA beat easily - so don't know how you have reached BMA v CCB! I think personally Wallace have had the best early season but as for ruling out MCB or RBAI out - it's nuts. There are no teams or individuals who are shining at this stage. All this nonsense about fielding 2nds teams or select teams because one or two players are out is just nuts and doesn't do much for the team morale - it can't make those in the 'select' teams feel very worthy and can only serve to make those so called key players under extreme pressure.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Fair point Marco and I agree. I am guilty of the rose tainted spectacles view on schools rugby especially when it comes to MCB. I totally agree with your standpoint... You field your best XV available it's your first XV not your 'select' squad, 'development' squad or whatever. If you have representative players away then the lads filling their boots are first XV and deserve credit for being there. I am entirely guilty of getting caught up in the silliness of making excuses and on reading back on this thread I agree with you completely. I am a hockey dad now (for one last year) so I need to stand the other side of Pirrie more often in case my daughter catches me out! Good luck to all the young lads in every team and may the best team win :D
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcoPolo
Novice

Post by MarcoPolo »

Apologies I thought RBAI had lost against BMA - obv read results wrong on FB site. But hey TOTALLY agree with comments re 'select squads' Hey chuckle are you as 'die hard' RBAI as Beattiespastie is 'MCB'? If so I can't cope
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

You can do better than that Chuckle :cheers: :D
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

I thought it wasn't bad?!!!! >seeya
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Wasn't bad....no game this week with the Irish camp plus I am working the weekend and missing the World cup final... Nightmare...
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

If only mate.... :D ..
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.