Charles Piutau

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Charles Piutau

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
SOU wrote::cheers:
this guy could be our best 13, 11/14 or 15. The thing is Wasps want to play rugby I have seen little if anything this year from us that resembles the rugby that they play… it may win them feck all by the end of the season but at least it is entertaining and is the reason why Charles is in this vote at all.
We don't have the pack to deliver enough quick clean ball to play pretty rugby. Possibly next season things will improve.
with Coetzee injured for much of next year I fear that our back row looks worse than now as they will have to rely more on Wilson with Williams gone. Whilst Hendy could always cover I am as yet unconvinced that Henry is the same player. Reidy has made a step up and is useful cover but we are still short in the pack. Treadwell has potential but I think may need a year or two hopefully not because he could be a really good signing…
Last edited by Cockatrice on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

In other news, I see Charles has made the shortlist for super duper european player of the year, along with a few other fat english bast@rds and owen farrell, steffoooon armitage also in the running, so he's in good company.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Joe Schmo wrote:In other news, I see Charles has made the shortlist for super duper european player of the year, along with a few other fat english bast@rds and owen farrell, steffoooon armitage also in the running, so he's in good company.
Steffan Armitage who has been flopping around all year?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Staffen is excellent in a limited way and his success depends on teams playing into him . He positions himself just outside or inside the out half and is first over the tackled player and his build ensures nobody can shift him . Run ( further than 5 metres/ tackle / pass once or twice a game would be about normal

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:Staffen is excellent in a limited way and his success depends on teams playing into him . He positions himself just outside or inside the out half and is first over the tackled player and his build ensures nobody can shift him . Run ( further than 5 metres/ tackle / pass once or twice a game would be about normal

You should have stopped after your first three words. Steffon is excellent, end of.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Staffen is excellent in a limited way and his success depends on teams playing into him . He positions himself just outside or inside the out half and is first over the tackled player and his build ensures nobody can shift him . Run ( further than 5 metres/ tackle / pass once or twice a game would be about normal

You should have stopped after your first three words. Steffon is excellent, end of.
Limited in an excellent backrow
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Snipe as Russ says he plays in an excellent back row and is excellent at what he does but what he does is dependant on his positioning and shape .
Against international teams his skill set is incomplete and his lack of mobility a liability

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:In other news, I see Charles has made the shortlist for super duper european player of the year, along with a few other fat english bast@rds and owen farrell, steffoooon armitage also in the running, so he's in good company.
Steffan Armitage who has been flopping around all year?
Like a feckin walrus Russ. Just because he has wee short fat legs fools refs into thinking he supports his weight, he feckin' doesn't he vast majority of the time.

It's quite remarkable that some players irk refs and others appear to function with Rutchie's patented "cloak of invisibility" and can get away with the lot. I believe it was none other than Brendan Behan who coined the phrase, "if you get the name of an early riser, you can lie in bed all day".

Amongst the things currently, and for some time, irking me and which I consider dangerous, is the act of lifting a bound players leg in a maul to destabilize it. Most teams do it, Ulster rarely if ever do. I haven't trawled the rule book but I have always been convinced it's illegal but never punished.

As a complete contrast to Charless, and simply because I couldn't be bothered finding somewhere more appropriate, I note that 2000 year old Phil John, who has been about from the time of Jean le Baptiste & An Spiorad Naomh, is to leave the Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets after 17 years service at the end of the season. Apparently they no longer want him and he's not ready to retire. Hardly worth an NIQ spot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only John Muldoon has played more games for one club. I never thought I'd say it, but...........Phil John >appl >appl >appl 300 plus games deserves it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Some background on the brothers from the NZ herard today:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11627758
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I see that some of those deluded WASP players are still telling the world that Charlie has signed for them.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

scrum5 wrote:I see that some of those deluded WASP players are still telling the world that Charlie has signed for them.....
Maybe they're right.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Where have they said it?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Where have they said it?
The James Haskell youtube channel featuring sex tapes with Richard and Judys trampy daughter
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
The James Haskell youtube channel featuring sex tapes with Richard and Judys trampy daughter
Oh ffs. I've met smarter bricks than Haskell.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Oh ffs. I've met smarter bricks than Haskell.
FFS wish this drivel would cease.
This from AB's official website within the past 24hrs....................

Piutau has eyes on 2019 World Cup
Former All Black Charles Piutau still harbours hopes of being part of the All Blacks World Cup team in 2019.
Having played out the Premiership season with Wasps, while waiting to take up his two-year contract with Ulster, Piutau proved a hit and was nominated for the Premiership player of the season award.

Playing attacking rugby with a Wasps team that scored 71 tries in 22 games, Piutau told The Rugby Paper he had never considered attempting to back out of his Ulster deal.

"It was set in stone before I came and as much as I've loved it here, I gave my word to Ulster and will follow it through," he said.

"I've only heard good stuff about the club, so I've got two years there which I'm looking forward to.
After that we'll see, but I'd like to think I could go back to New Zealand and fight for an All Blacks spot for the 2019 World Cup."

Piutau said missing last year's World Cup had been a 'huge disappointment' but he had used it as motivation.

"Wasps have been magnificent. We've played exciting rugby and being here has brought me a whole new level of joy," he said.

Meanwhile, another former All Black, Aaron Mauger, who is now coaching with Leicester, said the number of games in Britain needed to be reduced to avoid player burnout.

"My biggest concern is players play too much rugby and to have only four to six weeks off over the summer is mad. We're asking too much physically and emotionally of these young guys to be at a high level for 46-48 weeks a year.

"That's why we have so many injuries. A lot of those injuries are on the back of fatigue and people not being mentally in the right space to play rugby.

"There are a lot of challenges for World Rugby to iron through and that's the biggest. If you took some games away, whether it's internationally or domestically, you'd get the balance right and have a better game," he told The Rugby Paper.
http://www.allblacks.com/News/29201/piu ... -world-cup
Last edited by Mac on Tue May 24, 2016 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand