Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by BR »

Exactly a DOR is whatever is agreed in the individual circumstances (and often whatever that may subsequently mutate into). A Head Coach is the same in that respect. Titles are meaningless, it's the role that you fulfill that matters.

Gibbes' role (certainly his level of responsibility) changed when Kiss went.

Now we could use the handling of this as another stick with which to beat the regime at Kingspan, but it's barely a twig compared to other decisions by the administration.

Other people will blame Gibbes. I don't think there's too much fault (again reserving judgement on the mention of 'family reasons'). He doesn't want to coach Ulster - I don't blame him.

If your grandson is reading this - right this number down sonny, you may want it come 26 December. 0800 1111
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Guys........LOOK ............. we know beyond doubt that when Slogan's lips move he is lying. If you want a wee rant about Slogan, be my guest. Gibbes on the other hand, to my knowledge never publicly uttered any reason why he is going to Waikato, no tearful press conference, no I'd love to stay but.... the guy is going, we've known for 2/3 months, who cares where?

IF he had a family issue, fine. IF that has resolved for good or ill, fine, IF he goes back to France, who could blame him, FFFS who would want to live in Norn Iron, eh, eh, eh? FFFS only madmen.

One thing is sure, he has no interest in being in Ulster Rugby next year, a new appointment has been made, so what if Gibbes is the mirror image of Terry Slogan and is a lying wretch, he has one match to go then its, hasta la vista baby, tu eres una puta.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:His role is/was head coach. A DoR is/was was not needed.
His title was head coach; his role was assistant to a DOR.

His role changed significantly.

He is well within his rights (morally) to decide not to continue IMHO.

What do people want? Players and coaches locked in Castlereagh because they don't want to stay here?

Fine but its a strange place to introduce morals, if, as we are told, he cited close family issues as the get out reason.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Guys........LOOK ............. we know beyond doubt that when Slogan's lips move he is lying. If you want a wee rant about Slogan, be my guest. Gibbes on the other hand, to my knowledge never publicly uttered any reason why he is going to Waikato, no tearful press conference, no I'd love to stay but.... the guy is going, we've known for 2/3 months, who cares where?

IF he had a family issue, fine. IF that has resolved for good or ill, fine, IF he goes back to France, who could blame him, FFFS who would want to live in Norn Iron, eh, eh, eh? FFFS only madmen.

One thing is sure, he has no interest in being in Ulster Rugby next year, a new appointment has been made, so what if Gibbes is the mirror image of Terry Slogan and is a lying wretch, he has one match to go then its, hasta la vista baby, tu eres una puta.
Broadly agree. However Gibbes was quoted in the press as returning home for family reasons.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Guys........LOOK ............. we know beyond doubt that when Slogan's lips move he is lying. If you want a wee rant about Slogan, be my guest. Gibbes on the other hand, to my knowledge never publicly uttered any reason why he is going to Waikato, no tearful press conference, no I'd love to stay but.... the guy is going, we've known for 2/3 months, who cares where?

Broadly agree. However Gibbes was quoted in the press as returning home for family reasons.
You may well be correct BR, I'm not going to search, but my memory is of him being said to be going for family reasons, but no actual quote attributed directly on the subject from him. I, therefore, took that to be UR spin.

One way or another he's off.........to where I care not. People say shyte, nothing new. Big Dan's the man ..........maybe.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Fcuk him lads, he wants out so let him go.

Any word on his replacement yet?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:

You may well be correct BR, I'm not going to search, but my memory is of him being said to be going for family reasons, but no actual quote attributed directly on the subject from him. I, therefore, took that to be UR spin.

One way or another he's off.........to where I care not. People say shyte, nothing new. Big Dan's the man ..........maybe.
A 'genuine family matter' presented as a little bit more than URPR spin. Continued commitment right to the end of the season was promised. Now a job interview in France a few days before the last match of the season? Allen Clark will be pi$$ing himself in between teaching the Ospreys the same lineout moves Ulster have used since 1999.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43262438
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43285866

Gibbes is gone that we knew, the question is does Bryn lie as well as Slogan, has Gibbes mother made a miracle recovery, is Gibbes a spineless galoot who hasn't the balls to get out via some other means than his mothers ill health, or is he not actually going to LR for an interview a few days before a playoff game?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

If it's a day-off, who cares where he goes (provided it's not the Liberty).
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

I could understand anyone lying to get out of being at Ulster, I would be shocked it Gibbes wasn't lied to himself at some stage by either Kiss or Logan.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Maybe he won't start at LAR until January. I've heard that's a thing people do.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Are we still guessing.. did anyone ask questions at the press conference or is that tomorrow? My reading as previously stated is that Gibbes came here having give clear guidance to UR that he 1. Had to return to NZ at Xmas and 2. That his situation might change after that visit. Despite this we still went ahead even though we knew he could likely leave after Xmas.. when we then dumped Kiss I wonder did we already know he was going or whether something changed between Xmas and Kiss going...

As for the family situation I am not aware of Gibbes ever identifying any specific family member or illness just that there were family reasons... it was. Run that talked about the tears and it was the the Liar that said if we knew the score we would all forgive Gibbes for going then....if this it true I feel someone is telling porkies and yes for the record I would like to know the truth... If Gibbes is being interviewed before our biggest game since the HEC Final then he shouldn’t be allowed back thru the door...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Anyone asking questions at the press conference will be subject to a media ban.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Takes the focus off of Logan tbh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BBC have just said that Gibbes is in La Rochelle and as we know the Beeb never lies.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Fake news