Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

allezlesverres
Initiate

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by allezlesverres »

I'm away for a nice bath with the toaster. What a heartbreak. Being an ulster fan is grim
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Not convinced by the conversion. No matter. Classic Ulster 86th minute loss. Not good enough. Tired of these outcomes and of the failure to address the standard of officiating.
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Referee dictated this game from start to finish with poor decisions for/against both sides.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Not convinced by the conversion. No matter. Classic Ulster 86th minute loss. Not good enough. Tired of these outcomes and of the failure to address the standard of officiating.
That's because it didn't go through the posts.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The stormers would have blamed the ref as well if they'd have lost. We had the game in our own hands and failed miserable to grasp the opportunity. The turnover penalty we conceded runing off our own scrum IN OUR OWN HALF was unforgiveable and brought about the last 20 minutes of pressure. No tactical nous to play the game in the right area of the pitch.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

There may be an element of confirmation bias but we were 15-10 up with a penalty in the second half which was subsequently knocked on when Herring broke from the Mail…how many other teams go for the corner in that scenario and how many leave the red zone 18-10 up?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Plucky defeat though. Yeah should have closed the game out against 14 men. Season over.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Ulster should have spent the last minute and a half going through ruck after ruck instead of kicking the ball away. Run the clock down etc.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Poor game Mgmt imo. If it had gone extra time we were fu ked anyway
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

richardt84 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:11 pm There may be an element of confirmation bias but we were 15-10 up with a penalty in the second half which was subsequently knocked on when Herring broke from the Mail…how many other teams go for the corner in that scenario and how many leave the red zone 18-10 up?
From memory it was close to the corner so I could see the logic. Am sick of these ulster Line-out maul stats. I reckon a lot were scored early season against duff teams. Not particularly effective against good teams. Hooker often left isolated.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Is that the pluckiest defeat yet?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cannot ask your tighthead and hooker to play 80 minutes
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
leedsexile
Novice

Post by leedsexile »

Feels worse than the other loss as there was so much more to win, only listened to it but sounded like poor decision making in last ten was the difference. Hard one to take yet again probably look at the positives tomorrow
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

The Stormers didn't score from mins 15-80 and clearly should have done with the opportunities they had. Ulster were lucky enough to still be 5 up.

More than game management for me it is the lack of good bench options which mean guys are out on their feet. Even Tredwell who can make an impact can also be a liability at key times with discipline.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Bart S wrote:The Stormers didn't score from mins 15-80 and clearly should have done with the opportunities they had. Ulster were lucky enough to still be 5 up.

More than game management for me it is the lack of good bench options which mean guys are out on their feet. Even Tredwell who can make an impact can also be a liability at key times with discipline.
Treadwell with possibly the stupidest penalty that cost Ulster the game in the end. Herring or Hendy says ‘disciple,this our season.’ 10seconds later and Treadwell pulling with the outside arm to gain absolutely nothing whatsoever—crazy,crazy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.