NEW CEO........................?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: NEW CEO........................?

Post by Kofi Annan »

Interestingly i was speaking with his boss at Cokey Coley during his spell in Russia They say he was a depot manager!!(i believe even Fuzztlogic could have had that job) however more has come to light ex army officer and very gung ho in your face type of chap apparently youngest officer in Falklands campaign left at rank of Captain. Paras i am led to believe but who knows fact from fiction. and has worked for several charities.checked out. The Yates thing was a disaster and a lot of creditors owned monies Not 100% sure about this appointment nut hey he might get on with the corporate chaps :roll:
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

In my eyes the two candidates who didn't get the job seem to have better CV's than the man appointed.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Qualifications/Experience

•Potential candidates should be educated to degree level preferably in a business management or related discipline and be able to demonstrate a track record of growing a commercial organisation in a very competitive business environment.

•You will be able to demonstrate the ability to achieve success through managing teams of up to 100 people and at the same time being able to work within and lead through a Non-Executive Board or Committee environment.

•You will be an excellent communicator and be at ease presenting to outside investors, Government Departments and officials, the Press (both radio and TV) and to Branch & IRFU Committees and Staff.

•You will have the gravitas to command respect at the highest levels of sport, business and government while having the people skills to lead and enthuse a sizeable staff complement to excel in their support roles.

A substantial remuneration package is on offer reflecting the need to attract the best.
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/10672.php
A graduate of Bangor Grammar School and Manchester University where he studied Law, Shane Logan has gained a wealth of commercial experience over the last 17 years, in a wide range of industry sectors.

His first senior position was as General Manager of the world famous Harland and Wolff Shipbuilders, based in Belfast, which was followed by his appointment as the Head of Coca-Cola for Central Russia. He is currently Chief Executive of the Royal National Institute of the Blind.
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/11036.php

:scratch: :scratch: :? :? :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ulsterfan09
Novice

Post by ulsterfan09 »

LOGAN LEISURE & ENTERTAINMENT LTD. This business based in Holywood, went bust 2007 owed millions to local N.I people. There is a suggestion this business was Owned by his brother Mark. Checking to see if he was involved will have this on Monday. DETI are considering legal charges against the Directors of this company. Also had it confirmed that he was Site Manager (Depot Manager) in Russia. Selling Coke Cola not that difficult i would think in somewhere like Russia. Army connection confirmed. Also has kept head low with number of low profile, low demanding, non commercial posts since 2006 Yates affair. The five companies that he was a STATUTORY director off between 2001 - 2004 were are dissolved and directors resigned (He and Mr Miskelly) within two months of the Yates thing going belly up(He was Chair & CEO it states). ALL this information is in the public domain.

Hardly a confident appointment for us I must say. A Blazer with a small B here. Anyone know the Bangor RC connection and the circle of friends. Is Dick M one???

So it looks like we are stuck with him
ulsterfan09
Novice

Post by ulsterfan09 »

Checked out Logan Leisure, owned by a US company. It was sold to them by a North Down Businessman who had no business interests in the firm at the time. The firm remained in Holywood. Still checking the coca cola link.

No matter what we find we are really going to have no impact into any decision no matter if we like it or not.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

ulsterfan09 wrote:No matter what we find we are really going to have no impact into any decision no matter if we like it or not.
Dead man walkin'?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

From what I've read here......can we have Mike Reid back please? :shock:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Red Hand Hero wrote:Think we should be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt...for a while at least.
How long do you reckon RHH, end of January 2010 :lol:
Would like to see an article on his thoughts and plans for the way forward before drawing many conclusions, the absence of such could be seen as an indication that things will slumber along as before.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

It'll be January before we see or hear from him but in agreement with Rooster I'd be keen to see a strong statement from him then identifying what's wrong and what will be done to improve matters in the short and medium terms
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:It'll be January before we see or hear from him but in agreement with Rooster I'd be keen to see a strong statement from him then identifying what's wrong and what will be done to improve matters in the short and medium terms
Should not be hard for him to do though as it would be very strange if that was not the main question in the selection process.
"What are your aims and plans in driving Ulster Rugby forward, and how do you envisage carrying out these plans ? " or something similar, if that was not high on the agenda then the selection process really was a farce.
His response to that should also be used by his employers to determine how well he has carried out his duties and lived up to their expectations now that he has the job and if he is not doing so should then be used to dismiss him from the post. This is almost 2010 and the days of hiding behind closed doors and under tables in business is rapidly coming to an end, only the fit and able survive.

I would have serious doubt that we will ever hear any of this though and even greater doubt that those in charge have got the balls to carry it out either.
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Got the low down on Mr Logan from his time in the "yard"....apparently a fine organiser, administrator and a gentleman, easy to work with and for..that's high praise coming from those i spoke to.

Know nothing of his business acumen....i'll leave that to the experts. :roll:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

browner- what job did he actually hold in the 'Yard'
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gary wrote:From what I've read here......can we have Mike Reid back please? :shock:
He hasn't gone away, you know :wink:
Rooster wrote:How long do you reckon RHH, end of January 2010 :lol:
Gone before he even takes up post :shock:
ColinM wrote:It'll be January before we see or hear from him
February, I'm told (by the man who hasn't gone away), before he takes up the reins, actually.
But what would he know? :wink:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Cockatrice wrote:browner- what job did he actually hold in the 'Yard'
Going by those i was speaking to i would imagine he was a manager in fabrication production, not sure of his rank....will enquire next time i'm talking.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

a manager in fabrication
Oooooooopsy :oops:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum