Disgraceful performance

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

eastie
Novice

Disgraceful performance

Post by eastie »

The 22 players that played against Glasgow tonight were a total disgrace to the Ulster shirt and province.

That team were there for the taking but Ulster were so undercooked it was laughable. Glasgow bossed us in our own ground.

I hope when those players are poncing about the coffee shops of the Lisburn Road tomorrow they at least feel a modicum of shame regarding their spineless, gutless and naive display against an ordinary Glasgow side.

Remove Stephen Ferris from the equation and this group of players have no character or resolve. The Ulster rugby public do not deserve them or their 3rd rate rugby.

Ulster are light years away from the consistency and professionalism of Leinster and Munster no matter how much these players like to kid themselves, and do not appear to have the wherewithall to develop it. How many times are these sorts of performances going to be excused? How often do they expect us to stand in the pissing rain watching this dross?

I'm sure all the right sound-bites will be spouted and we may even turn in a decent performance against Stade, but you can put your house on the fact that it will not be long before the players let themselves and everyone else down again and the cycle repeats itself. Ad nauseum.
Mr Frosty
Initiate

Re: Disgraceful performance

Post by Mr Frosty »

Newsline just described it perfect, 'Ulster collapsed in second half'. I have no doubt the players want to play for Ulster, but very few seem to have played with pride on their sleeve tonight. When does Caldwell's contract run out? please Ulster rugby do not renew it. He is a twit with no brain. He can't call lineout’s (I know they stayed as bad when he went off) and discipline was poor as usual, there was not one thing he did which made me glad he was playing. Mind you that may be picking people out because come the second half not a single player (bar boss at the end) made me think that. That said it was lost in the first half not capitalising on the wind, and giving parks that penalty at the end. The ref was poor but poor for both sides. He can not be blamed, only Ulster themselves can. Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise and a kick up the Brennan before next weekend.
Till youve tasted Frosty's you don't know jack
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

No one died, get over it.

Bad second half but oh well, teams lose.

Bear in mind that both scottish teams will be in the reckoning for play off positions this season I reckon.
Why? Why not?
daveysemtex
Novice

Post by daveysemtex »

doesnt matter how well the pack or backs play, if your outhalf plays as poorly as humphreys you aint got a chance. weve got the worst 10 in the magners. how bad must you be to make parks look good?!
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Post by rosetintedgoggles »

Have to agree . Total PANTS!

Worst performance since the Dragons last season. Cannot blame this one on that Aussie Setanta presenter tw*t that used to coach.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

more inept than disgraceful methinks.The lineouts were dismal in the extreme especially having some great positions in the first 40 minutes lodged in their quarter and no line out feed to the backs who should have been given a few opportunities to attack wide.Scrums were not at all solid either.Maybe a few more hours spent on those set pieces and less time go karting .I hope these problems can be addressed before saturday or we will be trounced by ze frog :oops:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
daveysemtex
Novice

Post by daveysemtex »

faultless my hole. he cost us two wins against edin with his shocking place kicking, he cant tackle, his garryowens are always too long (simple equation- every 10m a ball travels forward requires 2 secs hang time, IH is about 20m for 2 secs hang time), he sh*ts himself when people get in his face, his tactical kicking is all over the place with intended touch finds going down the centre of the park.

you cant defend the indefensible, humphreys had a complete shocker tonight- FACT! i feel for the rest of the team having to carry him every wk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Glasgow played a smart game tonight. We were very rusty in every department and they allowed us to make all the mistakes and Parks kicked us to death. Bad night for our pack and flyhalf.
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

Don't think it's fair to blame Humps for tonight.....

Yes he made mistakes but from number 1-22 tonight, none had a outstanding performance.....
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

And you lot think it was bad enough watching it once, next thing you will want a highlights video and I'll have to watch it twice more :puker: try only might suffice this weekend.
Very poor perfomance all round and that included the plank of a touch judge on stand side in second half, Reff asked his opinion a couple of times he looked unsure and tj just shrugged his shoulders :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

This game was lost due to poor tactics not due to any one individual. Who was pulling the strings? Captain, Humph or Coach? Our game management was pish - Glasgows was near perfect in the 2nd half. Humph senior would have been doing his nut!
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Humphries is fine when on his game I have said before and I'll say it again when his confidence goes everything goes he had two bad kicks early in the second half and after that he was c--p .

He is not Champion the Wonder Horse and as great as those who support him make out basically because he is fickle with an inability not to allow his mistakes to affect his game.And Ulster will lose games which a winable because of it.

It was one of those nights when playing into the drizzle ( somewhat a kin to shower spray) everything adds to nothing.

Lets agree on one thing Glasgow didn't win the game so much as Ulster lost it and it was lost in five minutes when they gave away two penalties at the start of the second half and belief vanished.
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

bogboy wrote:
Lets agree on one thing Glasgow didn't win the game so much as Ulster lost it and it was lost in five minutes when they gave away two penalties at the start of the second half and belief vanished.
spot on bogger
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

I think Caldwell is really going stale, he gets hit backwards in the tackle a hell of a lot which is a problem for a 2nd row. He clearly isn't the brightest for the amount of stupid penalties like in the 1st half when iHumph kicked to the corner for a lineout to glasgow near their own line, Caldwell decided to grab the man in the air who had already won the lineout, it's just brainless.

His lineout calling is shocking as well, it's frustrating because he has talent somewhere in there but it's slowly disappearing with every brain fart he makes.

For the record I thought iHumph played fine, two bad kicks aside, the kick off that he kicked straight out and the sliced touch find with his right foot around the same time. Thats the only fault I could make of him last night
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

It was a very poor perfromance by Ulster - 5 weeks off didnt help - miss Rory, Wallace, Trimble and Ferris - Glassgow are Pant but this puts us right there with them. Unless we buck up we will not be in Playoffs, forget HEC this season.