Munster Match

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

larry
Novice

Munster Match

Post by larry »

Hi there. Travelling up for my first Ulster game on Saturday and have a couple of questions that if anyone can ask that would be great.
1. I ordered tickets on the internet and am collecting them before the game. Says on the official site that tickets have to be collected on the Friday but rang up today and they said I could collect them before the game. Are the queues normally bad?
2. How far is it from Jurys Inn on Great Victoria Street to Ravenhill and what is best way of travelling to match?
cables
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster Match

Post by cables »

Think this suggests that the 'norm' may not be applicable for this game.
Collection Information for Ulster v Munster Tickets
30 December 2009, 12:01 pm
By Lauren Graham
With a huge number of tickets to be collected ahead of Saturday's match against Munster at Ravenhill (kick-off 6pm), Ulster Rugby has the following advice for anyone who has tickets to collect...
The Ulster Rugby Ticket Office at Ravenhill will be open on Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st December between 1pm and 4pm for supporters to collect any ticket orders booked online over the Christmas period.
Click Here!

We would advise as many people as possible to call in during these opening times as we anticipate queues at the collection gates on the day of the game.

If you are unable to make it to Ravenhill on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon, you can pick your tickets up from the Web Collection Turnstiles (Onslow Parade entrance) on Saturday. Gates are open from 4.30pm and we would advise supporters to get to the ground as early as possible to avoid queues.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Metro Bus Service would be one possibility. It is a 10/15 minutes bus journey from Belfast (Chicester Street) to Cregagh Road (Bell's Bridge). Metro Bus Number 6A.

After the bus, it is 5 minutes walk up Onslow Parade to Ravenhill.

Bus timings could be checked at City Hall/Chicester Street on arrival at hotel.
larry
Novice

Post by larry »

Thanks for that. Appreciated
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Larry,

Metro appear to be back to normal for Saturday.

Saturday timetable: http://translink.co.uk/present/metro/metro6_O_sat.pdf

Fare £1.30

If you exit Jury's Hotel and go left you will come to a large statue about 100 yards away. Turn right at the statue/lights into Wellington Place. Stay on the left of the road and go down past the City Hall. You will then pass SS Moore sports shop, the 6a bus stop is a few doors further down, outside a carpark. Ask the driver to let you off before Bells Bridge roundabout, as Cables said it is only a 5min walk up Onslow Parade to the ground.
larry
Novice

Post by larry »

Will follow those directions thanks. Any good pubs near the ticket office?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

ticket office is at the ground where there is a wonderful beer tent. alternatively the rosetta bar (rosie) is 10 mins walk from ground.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

no!
get tickets, get back into centre of town. under no circumstances should you enter anything serving drink within a mile of ravenhill (unless it's on the ormeau road, then you've several reasonable choices).

and no matter what anyone else tells you, stay well clear of the Rosetta Bar - AKA the rosie
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

larry wrote:Will follow those directions thanks. Any good pubs near the ticket office?
The Rosie will be showing the Connacht v Leinster game from 4:00pm in their Lounge Bar. http://thefru.co.uk/blog/2009/12/01/rug ... -december/

Enjoy the game.
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

YoungMan wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:no!
get tickets, get back into centre of town. under no circumstances should you enter anything serving drink within a mile of ravenhill (unless it's on the ormeau road, then you've several reasonable choices).

and no matter what anyone else tells you, stay well clear of the Rosetta Bar - AKA the rosie

PLease good knight explain why?? :scratch:
He is probably barred YM :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

i have been 'asked' to leave several places during my time. have always been told not to come back until i had sobered up. which to me reads: "you're very welcome here, and we would love to have you grace our establishment with your presence again soon, however you'd best go home and sleep it off first"...

u can never judge a book by its cover, unless it's a Paris Hilton autobiography.
However u can judge a pub from how it looks on the outside.

(whoops, my bad, that's the Jockey from Shameless)
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Larry
If you cannot make it to Ravenhill on Thursday before 4pm, please note your tickets will be left for collection on Gates 7-9 (Onslow Parade entrance) on the day of the game.

Gate 7: Internet Orders with Surname A-L

Gate 8: Internet Orders with Surname M-Z
Click Here!

Gate 9: Phone Orders and Media Tickets

Gates open at 4.30pm on Saturday 2nd January.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:i have been 'asked' to leave several places during my time. have always been told not to come back until i had sobered up. which to me reads: "you're very welcome here, and we would love to have you grace our establishment with your presence again soon, however you'd best go home and sleep it off first"...

u can never judge a book by its cover, unless it's a Paris Hilton autobiography.
However u can judge a pub from how it looks on the outside.

(whoops, my bad, that's the Jockey from Shameless)
never judge a book by it's cover young knight
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

againstthehead wrote:never judge a book by it's cover young knight
you. are. an. idiot.

In the case of the word 'it' an 's is not used in the sense that you have alluded to. it is used only as an abbreviation of it is ie it's.

therefore th following statement - "it's wrong to judge a book by its cover" - is correct.

and therefore you need to say "im stupid and im about to get hit in the nuts"
then punch yourself in the nuts.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote: you. are. an. idiot.

In the case of the word 'it' an 's is not used in the sense that you have alluded to. it is used only as an abbreviation of it is ie it's.

therefore th following statement - "it's wrong to judge a book by its cover" - is correct.

and therefore you need to say "im stupid and im about to get hit in the nuts"
then punch yourself in the nuts.
Sentences usually begin with capital letters.

I am is abbreviated to I'm.

ie is the abbreviated form of the Latin "id est" and is usually written i.e.