gripe

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

tommy from comber
Novice

gripe

Post by tommy from comber »

Reasonable performance against Munster. Room for improvement in way fans are treated. We could generate more income by having more food and drink outlets. The beer tent needs enlarged or added to, queues were 5 or 6 deep at times, and on a wet night you cant move and many people give it a miss. The queues at food vans are disgraceful. Why are hot drinks allowed in stand but not beer? Programme tonight was a rip off it was out of date in a lot of areas.
Rob6
Initiate

Re: gripe

Post by Rob6 »

I think why there isn't more food vans etc round Ravenhill is because of room..... the only other place for another food van would be at the bottom end of the terrace.

On the match programme.... clearly printed pre Christmas and the stats, teams etc showed that.
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

New CEO should hopefully be looking into getting all that sorted at the end of the season.

What we really need is for the government to give the 3 sports the money they promised. So we can build another big long stand with a massive big bar in it like at the stoop. A big sheltered bar that stayed open a few hours before/after the match with screens to watch other games would pay for itself in no time.
Why? Why not?
Hot in the Tropics
Novice

Post by Hot in the Tropics »

I thought this was part of the brief of our Commercial Director? With ecomonic downturn and contractors screaming for work, i would have thought next 18mths would be purfect for upgrading. For the brave though - probably made all the more difficult since our finances aint in the best shape.
Keep it real; not inflamatory
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Ithryn wrote:New CEO should hopefully be looking into getting all that sorted at the end of the season.

What we really need is for the government to give the 3 sports the money they promised.
Perhaps if UR had taken all the money available all along over the years then they might be in a better position to look for this now, as for the "Maze money I wouldn't hold my breath as that bunch in the big white house could not organise a pi$h up in a brewery unless it was only for themselves, since they got in to power can anyone name any major decision they have taken instead of just moving things around, Maze is a prime example, we won't build it but we will do something else but the something else is anyones guess.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

tommy from comber wrote:Room for improvement in way fans are treated.
Now, I'm not one to gripe, but ....

.... I'm disappointed that when they built the new stand, they didn't incorporate under terrace heating to help with nights like last saturday.

A bit of hot water into the barriers (the second barrier up at the half-way line at any rate) to make it into a radiator to keep us warm, wouldn't go amiss either.

While we're at it, some waiter/waitress service for drinks and hot food to the terrace could be laid on.

Could the Branch also lay on some people with mikes, amps and large speakers to do the actual cheering for us too (one of the mikes would even settle for these people to be femail and wearing skimpy outfits), so that we don't strain our little throats in support of those rough looking chaps who run around on the green bit none of us are allowed onto anymore.

Of course these aren't REALLY gripes - they're just what one SHOULD be able to take for granted! :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
RedKC
Novice

Post by RedKC »

O and was anyone else really annoyed that the bass and treble were out of sync when the music was playing. Seemed very amateurish to me. Heads must roll.

The programme was a bit of a joke though they should have just left it at the squad pages