Scotland - Italy MOTM

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

AndyB
Warrior Chief

Scotland - Italy MOTM

Post by AndyB »

What a joke Dan Parks getting the MOTM award for 3 pens and a drop goal which was a complete waste of an great try scoring oppurtunity. You should never do a DG from that close to the line.
Tom
Novice

Re: Scotland - Italy MOTM

Post by Tom »

U'd better get urself a cane. Parks' is a limited player but his kicking for territory was immaculate. Scotland would have not been in italys half at all if they had reverted to aimless kicking to hand. Never been so glad to see kicking for territory making a return as in the ireland game. Had we not i doubt we would have one... And dare i say bringing on ROG was instrumental in getting the winning score. Additionally given scotlands chance conversion within 10m of the line i'm sure they were happy with 3 from his drop. Thought the ref was harsh when lamont went over after a proffessional foul, either he should have allowed it or shown a yellow.
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

Wise up! Scotland were hammering at the italien door then and a bit more composure and a try was in the offing.
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Andy B If Scottish backs were as good as Ireland's your point would be valid but the truth is they are not but that said I too would say that given the circumstances Parks should have opened the ball out in attempt to score 5 instead of 3 as Scotland
might have scored or at least continued to keep the Italians under pressure and disrupt the Italian defence.

i.e I may not agree with Parks decision but I can understand why he made it.
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

well done bogboy, you're seemingly on the road towards forming something that could almost be called sentences.
keep up the good work son!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.