Season Ticket Prices 2010-11

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Season Ticket Prices 2010-11

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

2010-11 SEASON TICKET PRICING

CATEGORY: LOYALTY(first price) / FULL PRICE

PREMIUM PLUS (Business Plus): £1060
PREMIUM(Season Membership Cat A): £940
PREMIUM(Season Membership Cat B): £825
PREMIUM(Season Membership Cat C): £650
PLATINUM ADULT: £340 / £365
PLATINUM JUNIOR: £225 / £240
GOLD ADULT: £300 / £325
GOLD JUNIOR: £210 / £225
SILVER ADULT: £275 / £300
SILVER JUNIOR: £150 / £150
BRONZE ADULT: £225 / £250
BRONZE JUNIOR: £100 / £100
PROMENADE / TERRACE ADULT: £175 / £195
PROMENADE / TERRACE JUNIOR: £75 / £75
don't know how substantial the price hike is versus this season's prices for the upper end of the spectrum - a terrace ticket though last year was around the £120 mark with loyalty discount (feel free to provide an exact figure someone - can't remember exactly what it was...)

being promoted as 9 extra games this year - new season ticket will include 2 pre-season friendlies against guinness prem opposition; 2 extra magners games against the i-tais; and 5 ravens games. i'm not best pleased that the ravens games are being included in this this - might mean i go to a few of them next year which is URs thinking i suppose. however there doesnt seem to be an option for "less-games-for-less-loot" which might have the effect of lowering uptake of these tickets? particularly for the posh seats - how popular are these going to be at those sort of prices when it's including a rainy night watching the 2nd XV?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Season Ticket Prices 2010-11

Post by Ithryn »

Thats very reasonable, £55 extra to cover the roof over our heads, 2 more league games, 2 pre season matches and the ravens games.

Always knew it would go up a little this year, as it did not last year despite the new stand. Dont mind paying for the other games up front less hassle buying them separately, and you can always off load them if you cant make it.

They rightly guessed that the fans are prepared to pay a little more too I'd say.
Why? Why not?
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

I'll be renewing.
Still affordable for me and good value imo even though the friendlies and to a lesser extent the Ravens games can be unappealing.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

not sure what to think to be honest. 55 quid is a fair increase. Was it as much as 120 with loyalty last year? I was expecting around the 150-155 mark this year. I think white knight has a fair point about the extra games - this could have been marketed as an add on option as I think 175 is gonna put a few people off. Personally speaking, I find it hard to make every game due to work and family commitents so it's touch and go whether it's worth it for me. That said, I like to think of my season ticket as a contribution towards Ulster rugby as a whole so will probably fork out the cash lol. But if I'm having second thoughts I imagine a lot of other folk will too!!!

Interested to find out what other folkk think:
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

I'm happy enough with those prices tbh - even if you don't go to the friendlies or Ravens games, it's £12.50/game (for the Terrace/Prom). I would almost have expected that sort of rise in prices without the friendlies and Ravens games...

I suppose you could buy individual tickets for the first half of the season then a half season ticket, but doubt you'd save much!
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

As the ERC might put it, it's in the 'upper range' of an acceptable increase in the cost of a terrace ST.
But prob does represent fair value - if they sort out the access problem.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

For my mob, £1021for 12 matches last year up to £1410 this year but it includes B&I and preseason plus extra Italian matches
£85 per match last year and if you only count 2 preseason plus 2 extra Magners then £88 this year so if looked at that way there is actually very little difference on a per match basis even without counting the B&I matches.
On the point of the Ravens matches surely there were not 5 in Ravenhill this year :scratch: was it not just 3 ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Ringer
Novice

Post by Ringer »

Either the B&I Cup is being expanded to home and away fixtures(which is doubtful given the extra travelling costs) or they plan to play the home inter-pro fixtures at Ravenhill instead of at Malone, Cooke etc.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

The email I received from UR is quite clear on the Ravens games:-
five home Ulster Ravens fixtures (two in the British and Irish Cup and three Inter-provincial matches
It also says:-
However, in order to meet ticket requirements for certain games, Ulster Rugby is obliged to limit the number of season tickets sold for 2010-11 to 5000 so buy early to avoid disappointment.
Doubt if we will be informed of the detailed ticket requirements for all competitions but it reads a little strange ATM.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:The email I received from UR is quite clear on the Ravens games:-
five home Ulster Ravens fixtures (two in the British and Irish Cup and three Inter-provincial matches
It also says:-
However, in order to meet ticket requirements for certain games, Ulster Rugby is obliged to limit the number of season tickets sold for 2010-11 to 5000 so buy early to avoid disappointment.
Doubt if we will be informed of the detailed ticket requirements for all competitions but it reads a little strange ATM.
Just read that email cables and yes the 5k limit is a strange one as the only competition I can think of with that sort of figure for away plus corporate would be HEC semi and you have to play those on a neutral ground, only possibility is B&I cup for a final ? or what are the Magners playoff quotas ? In any event I don't think we have been reaching the 5k figure for the past couple of seasons but I could be wrong :? Leinster or Munster will be in deep doo doo if it is a percentage of capacity crowd though as they have higer uptake than that figure would suggest.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

A fair price for the fun I have and the joy of being able to complain about everything
Cascade
Novice

Post by Cascade »

Still good value when compared to other sporting diversions one could follow, but it does mean I'll be paying for more games that I can't get to, especially as I'd expect some Ravens games to be midweek. I will probably end up renewing, but I might just hold out to see how we shap up at FB/SH/10. If we don't get something in place soon it might be less painful to stand in the garden every other Friday night, gusher on the iPod, with 4 pints at my feet whilst herself turns the hose on me.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

It all seems reasonable to me. If you compare prices with the likes of Windsor for N.I. footy matches, there's no comparison - Ulster rugby better value BY FAR!

I would wonder if the Ravens interpros will be played at night or weekends - previously I haven't been at too many of these because they are often played midweek in the afternoons which can be awkward work-wise.

If they are making them a non-negotiable part of the season ticket, I would like to think the matches should be played at times that are reasonable for the majority - whether that happens may be another matter though.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: I would wonder if the Ravens interpros will be played at night or weekends - previously I haven't been at too many of these because they are often played midweek in the afternoons which can be awkward work-wise.

If they are making them a non-negotiable part of the season ticket, I would like to think the matches should be played at times that are reasonable for the majority - whether that happens may be another matter though.
Working on the extra matches including preseason Grumps and taking into account that the terrace now has a roof the prices would suggest that the Ravens matches are more or less included free.
Whilst they may be at non conventional times the thought of having the tickets that in theory you have already paid for may well draw out larger crowds for these matches and that can only be good for all involved.
Pricewise the matches are good value especially if you count a season ticket will cost on average somewhere in the region of the 2 six nations matches in Dublin next spring.
Rory Best
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

I have had no email from UR inviting me to renew. :scratch:
No longer the Celtic League winning coach