Ulster Rugby - driven into the ground

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Rugby - driven into the ground

Post by cables »

the original kimble wrote:I'll disagree on one point.

We have the money (cash up front - no loans) and the plans for three more new stands. Just need to clear planning for the Aquinas end. Watch the press for details. Should all be in place within 24 months, capacity 15,000, complete with all facilities.

tok
Aquinas end uncovered terracing for 3,228 spectators?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

cables wrote:

We have the money (cash up front - no loans) and the plans for three more new stands. Just need to clear planning for the Aquinas end. Watch the press for details. Should all be in place within 24 months, capacity 15,000, complete with all facilities.

tok
Where will the pigeons go now?? :D :D :D
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

for dog and ulcer wrote:
cables wrote:

tok
Where will the pigeons go now?? :D :D :D
Well if it's uncovered, there's a very good chance they'll "go" on the heads or shoulders of those standing there :wink:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

That would seem strangely appropriate!! :D :D
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Kofi Annan wrote:
I'll disagree on one point.

WELL i hope that they recruit the right man to oversee the development of these new stands.Someone with experience in a similar project with rugby knowledge and knows the workings of UR so there is good communication channels. I can not think of anyone recently unemployed that meets this criteria :roll:
I wonder if the job spec will include, " must have a passionate interest in pies and proactive in getting the Friday cream bun run organised"?
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

I suppose I should have noticed this eariler.....aren't Ulster always driven into the ground? I used to be as well, until the Fat Controller took my pass away.

Cables, to parody Eric Morecambe, the plans what I saw had four similar stands, with symetrical footprints, and indicated 15,029 capacity, but that depends on seat layout and terrace arrangement. Currently there are plans for terracing on all four sides, with two rows of barriers at either end and one on the prom side. So that at least will assure the prawn sandwich brigade that they will remain forever free of the 2BC.

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

the original kimble wrote:
the plans what I saw had four similar stands, with symetrical footprints, and indicated 15,029 capacity, but that depends on seat layout and terrace arrangement. Currently there are plans for terracing on all four sides, with two rows of barriers at either end and one on the prom side.

tok
Does that mean that the stand that was built at the Aquinas end a few years back will be flattened or will the new stand at that end be built "around" it??
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
OAWUF
Novice

Post by OAWUF »

soo many experts.......The thread starts off with Mr Business speak who normally 'restructures' failed companies and would know how to break Ulster Rugby down and rebuild it bit by bit. Then we have the expert coaches who know exactly how they would get the team to play even though up until the end of January our new coaching team were Ulster Rugby's saviours!!

Now we have the construction and planning experts who think they know best how to finance, construct and communicate their wonderful ideas to get it just right.

The problem is people you all start off from a platform of part information, speculation and half truths - very dangerous!

If anyone of you actually knew Stephen Ferris or talked to him you would know exactly how he feels about playing for Ulster and the possitive changes that have taken place over the last 12 months and his belief that Ulster ARE restructuring, carefully, and are determined to develope a 'business model' that lasts and creates stability and success (some business speak there for our friend at the top of the thread).

I am aware of my history on this site and that this comment will probably kill this thread but I'm afraid I haven't read so much pompus tripe on this site for a long time

Oh... and Ulster are not just as BRILL as I would like them at the minute but I think they are getting there so less of the smart a**e ill informed and down right inaccurate claptrap!

Thanks
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

OAWUF wrote:you all start off from a platform of part information, speculation and half truths - very dangerous!
Absolutely - there can be a lot of rumours and speculation taken as fact on here...
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

We need Cheerleaders - any chance Raker McL would know a contact or two?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

Dear OAWUF,

What I have posted is totally factual. Not rumour. Turn up next Thursday evening at 19:30 at Ravenhill and hear it in more detail directly from the head honcho. Or the following Monday if you are not a season ticket holder. I merely posted it here because I was so appalled at the general tone of the thread.

As for my planning and construction expertise - it's how I scratch a living.

Regards

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

I am aware of my history on this site and that this comment will probably kill this thread but I'm afraid I haven't read so much pompus tripe on this site for a long time
Won't argue about the tripe quote but i seem to remember comments by you re..Tommy Bowe..can't pass,kick,catch etc etc....you'll be in good company on this board then.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

OAWUF wrote:The problem is people you all start off from a platform of part information, speculation and half truths - very dangerous!
I have no inside information, no contacts 'in the know' outside those on this messageboard (to the extent that anyone on here is in the know :) ), I know no players or club officials personally. I have no axe to grind with anyone in UR, because I don't know anyone in UR. I start from a platform of observable facts, not from speculation.

I love Ulster - and have watched the slow-motion car-crash of the last couple of years unsure whether to be frustrated, angry, scared - or just to accept the deadening inevitability of it all, like most other fans seem to. Like Mike says there's a depressing tendency among a lot of Ulster fans to just accept their lot, and instead of expecting the good and great to up their efforts as things move on, they take the easy way out, and downgrade their expectations. So a couple of years ago they may have still aspired to walk alongside Munster & Leinster, now do we aspire to be just an also-ran in the ML, and to hang on to our good players for a year or 2 before they move on somewhere proper?? Tomorrow will our only goal be to finish above the Italian teams??

Sorry - it's not f#@king good enough.

We have so much in our favour - good core support, decent urban base, no competition from other decent pro sport etc - we are just crying out for some decent management, but nobody seems to give a sh1t - the IRFU, the incumbent management, the press, the fans. Everyone is just watching stuff slowly go wrong and just hoping somehow things turn around - basically hoping that good luck will bail us out.

I have no capital to deploy, I have no contacts, I have no experience in running a sports club, so unfortunately in practice I can do little to help. Thus my frustrated periodic yelps on this board. I'm terribly sorry you find it all a bit pompous.
OAWUF wrote:If anyone of you actually knew Stephen Ferris or talked to him you would know exactly how he feels about playing for Ulster and the possitive changes that have taken place over the last 12 months and his belief that Ulster ARE restructuring, carefully, and are determined to develope a 'business model' that lasts and creates stability and success (some business speak there for our friend at the top of the thread).
Stephen Ferris is a superb back row forward.
OAWUF wrote:I am aware of my history on this site and that this comment will probably kill this thread but I'm afraid I haven't read so much pompus tripe on this site for a long time
while we're talking about pompous...I'm sorry to say I don't have a clue about your history
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
ulsterrugby4life
Novice

Post by ulsterrugby4life »

OAWUF wrote: If anyone of you actually knew Stephen Ferris or talked to him you would know exactly how he feels about playing for Ulster and the possitive changes that have taken place over the last 12 months and his belief that Ulster ARE restructuring, carefully, and are determined to develope a 'business model' that lasts and creates stability and success (some business speak there for our friend at the top of the thread).Thanks
just to clear this up in my head ur stating that you actually know stephen and have spoken to him about this???
ulsterrugby4life - always and forever

andrew cochrane
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Post by Ulster throw in »

tok
Since you have all the answers what sport will be watched there?

If Ulster keep going in the direction they are they will be either bankrupt or will have a capacity crowd of about 300, or both!
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook