DEJA VU>>>> FFS

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

McPepper
Initiate

Re: DEJA VU>>>> FFS

Post by McPepper »

Already discussed on another thread try to keep up
tommya
Novice

Post by tommya »

I think its the Springboks coach that they need to shout at as it was him that released it to the SA press.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

YoungMan wrote:
McPepper wrote:Already discussed on another thread try to keep up
where...........er Deja Vu :roll:
by Rob6 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:41 am

Don_Alfonso wrote:
http://www.keo.co.za/2010/05/28/pienaar-off-to-ireland/

"Sharks refute Pienaar move

Rudolf Straeuli denies that Ruan Pienaar has signed a two-year deal with Ulster and says the Irish club are breaching IRB regulations.

Pienaar’s move to Northern Ireland has been speculated about since before the start of the Super 14, but the Sharks say Ulster have no right to speak to him yet as his contract only expires at the end of this year. Reports on the weekend also stated that Pienaar’s relationship with Springbok coach Peter de Villiers has soured, and De Villiers said that Pienaar is likely to leave at the end of the year.

Although the Sharks acknowledged the move is on the cards, commercial manager Straeuli said it wasn’t confirmed.

‘Basically, they’re announcing something they can’t announce,’ Straeuli told keo.co.za.

Ulster have stated that the deal is already done and that they’re in talks with the Sharks regarding Pienaar’s release date.

‘We’re in no negotiations with them,’ said Straeuli. ‘We have a right to match their offer and we won’t release him, we’re fighting for him.

‘According to IRB regulations they are speaking to a player outside of the window period in terms of when his contract ends.’

Johann Muller’s departure to Ulster was confirmed in February, and since then the club’s operations director David Humphreys has been trying to entice Pienaar to join Muller and BJ Botha in Belfast. Humphreys came to Durban at the start of the year, where he also reportedly spoke to Pienaar.

‘We were well aware of Johann’s situation the whole time. But with Ruan, they aren’t consulting with the right parties,’ said Straeuli.

Pienaar also has a Bok contract until the end of this year, but according to weekend reports coach De Villiers seems resigned to the fact Pienaar will leave. De Villiers has repeatedly stated his preference for selecting locally-based players, and if Pienaar were to head north under a year before the World Cup, his chances would be severely jeopardised.

Straeuli wouldn’t confirm or deny whether Pienaar was looking to leave and said the Sharks would arrange a meeting with him on his return from Bok duty.

Meanwhile, as the Irish media and Ulster have been stating for over a month, they consider Pienaar’s arrival a formality.

‘Bringing Ruan to Ulster is a massive statement of our ambition to be competing with the top teams in the Magners League and European Cup,’ said Humphreys.

‘He is one of the most naturally gifted players in world rugby and having had huge experience at international level with the Springboks, we believe Ruan will help Ulster achieve success over the next couple of seasons.’

Pienaar will feature at flyhalf in the Test against Wales in Cardiff on 5 June, while the Bok squad for internationals against France and Italy will be announced the next day.

By Grant Ball"

Pardon me while I go for a lie down in a darkened room.

As Rooster said in the thread about BJ leaving.....

Rooster wrote:If you believe all you read on Keo you would believe all you read on the rumours thread here.

Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!
Right here, YM on a thread you have contributed to. :D

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Shem
Novice

Post by Shem »

There may be more than a shred of truth in what Straeuli is saying. If you read the statement about RP joining the province there are a few things that are worrying;

1. Ulster branch released the statement purely on the basis that De Villiers told a S. African newspaper that Pienaar would be going to Ulster.
2. No where on the statement did Ulster confirm that they had signed him or that he had signed on the dotted line so to speak.
3. Why has B.J not mentioned anything like 'Looking forward to having Ruan at Ulster next year' on his Twitter account given that he does tweet on a regular basis
4. UTV first announced it about a month ago and from that point there has been nothing but silence....until we all get texts asking us to renew our season ticket cuz Pienaar's coming and because the situation with Rush looked like it was finished.
5. There has not been a single thing confirming the transfer on the Sharks website!
6. Pienaar Snr was adamant that no matter what was said in the press, Ruan was going no where!

Coincidence? I hope so!
Shem.

Come on Ulster!!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shem wrote:There may be more than a shred of truth in what Straeuli is saying. If you read the statement about RP joining the province there are a few things that are worrying;

1. Ulster branch released the statement purely on the basis that De Villiers told a S. African newspaper that Pienaar would be going to Ulster.
2. No where on the statement did Ulster confirm that they had signed him or that he had signed on the dotted line so to speak.
3. Why has B.J not mentioned anything like 'Looking forward to having Ruan at Ulster next year' on his Twitter account given that he does tweet on a regular basis
4. UTV first announced it about a month ago and from that point there has been nothing but silence....until we all get texts asking us to renew our season ticket cuz Pienaar's coming and because the situation with Rush looked like it was finished.
5. There has not been a single thing confirming the transfer on the Sharks website!
6. Pienaar Snr was adamant that no matter what was said in the press, Ruan was going no where!

Coincidence? I hope so!
Shem perhaps good reason for all this, I was talking to a wee birdie who deals in these affairs for another club.
Apparently a lot of deals , if not the majority, are done outside IRB transfer windows etc. hence the reasoning of clubs not confirming a lot of deals in public over the past few seasons, plus a lot are these terms of agreement papers and other various "semi" contracts as a means of getting round the legal aspects.
Fans and press speculate but in general clubs and players keep quiet to save problems.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Fans and press speculate but in general clubs and players keep quiet to save problems.
If that wasn't true we wouldn't have half the craic and slagging that goes on here. :wink:

I know you can never be sure what our leaders are up to and it would be nice if RP were to turn up for a photo op (unlikely) when he is in the UK shortly but given the texts & emails the UB sent about Pienaar you have to think they are 100% certain that they have got their man.

After all, there is no way they would want to appear to be :clown:s, would they? :D

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Clubs websites very rarely talk about players leaving. There rarely up to date, let alone updating to write about a star player leaving.

Pienar Senior you are refering to his statement several months ago, saying he couldnt see Pienar leaving. Peoples off hand comments to newspapers 2 months ago are not a basis of fact in my mind, he/the journo was probably just stirring anyway.
Why? Why not?
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Rooster wrote:Apparently a lot of deals , if not the majority, are done outside IRB transfer windows
Could someone point me to a document which states the current "IRB transfer windows"? Ta.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Reg 4
http://www.irb.com/mm/document/lawsregs ... 4_9525.pdf

This Regulation does cover player contracts and movement.

I thought this section was very interesting:
4.9.1 No Union, Rugby Body, Club, Agent or any other Person or entity,
whether acting on its own account or on behalf of any third party, shallinduce or attempt to induce any Contract Player or other Person who has a
written agreement with a Union, Rugby Body or Club to leave his Union,
Rugby Body or Club unless the prior written consent of that Union, Rugby
Body or Club has been obtained.
But I cannot find any mention of "transfer windows".
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

moondance wrote:Reg 4

whether acting on its own account or on behalf of any third party, shallinduce or attempt to induce any Contract Player or other Person who has a
was about to post the same link moondance.....there is also a lot at that link in how compo is worked out, which may be of interest to some on here.

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

perhaps Rudolf Straeuli "IRB transfer window" has something to do with this??

http://www.scrum.com/super14/rugby/story/107806.html
The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) will employ a soccer-style transfer window for the Super 14 in order to ensure that there is no disruption to existing franchises as the Melbourne Rebels set about building a squad ahead of their inclusion in the 2011 Super 15.

In 2005, as the Western Force prepared for their bow in the competition, a number of players were unveiled by the franchise before the end of the existing season.

The newly-minted agreement that will allow up to 10 overseas players to represent the Rebels will doubtless reduced the impact on the existing playing stocks further, but ARU chief John O'Neill is taking no chances.

"We will be introducing a protocol as to when signings can and can't happen," he told AAP. "We don't want a repetition of when the Western Force was established.

"It's not good, in the middle of a Super rugby competition halfway through the season (when) you've got a Waratah player standing up, pulling on a Melbourne jersey. We'd like to get Super rugby over with before there are any announcements on players being signed."

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

moondance wrote:Reg 4

Hasty reply on my behalf moondance, the bit you mention is the etc in my post, I had heard there were a lot of rules but did not have full details.
Transfer window only actually occurs when players contract is up at present club and he is effectively unemployed, or club tells player he is no longer required at end of present contract, which is what you IRB bit says in a roundabout way.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

The views/comments of the SA fans are interesting:

http://www.sarugby.com/news/News/article/sid=13665.html

T'would appear that the Sharks are not exactly as pure as the driven snow when it comes to signing players themselves!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

moondance wrote:The views/comments of the SA fans are interesting:

http://www.sarugby.com/news/News/article/sid=13665.html

T'would appear that the Sharks are not exactly as pure as the driven snow when it comes to signing players themselves!
Renowned poachers would be a fair description.
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I have to confess, as I am sure some will have detected, that I had already looked over the last few days for information around an IRB transfer window. Like yourselves, I failed to come up with anything other than the link already posted by others.

There are RFU regulations setting out the period(s), before coming out of contract, where it is permissable to 'approach' a player - 3 months below GP and 6 months at GP level. There may even be something similar within (and/or between) the SH Unions to regulate S14.

So, as near as we can tell, there is nothing to stop NH clubs talking to SH contracted players provided they do not try to induce them to break their current contract. ie. only move when their current contract ends or earlier with the agreement of their Club. Same if movement was NH to SH presumably.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum