Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Post by darkside lightside »

Billyboy wrote:
nonplussed wrote:i'm hearing its a done deal !
Utter rubbish - this is not happening - you have been spun a wee yarn or two :lol:
really? so is anyone else coming? or is that our lot?
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Any of the games I've seen him play this year he has been very good. Think this would be a good move for Duffy, Ulster and Ireland if it comes off.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Billyboy
Novice

Post by Billyboy »

Ardglass2 wrote:What is your source Billyboy - as a number of different people seem to be saying the same thing
Cillian Willis - he seemed very surprised at such a suggestion.

Actually so was I - CW has a full year on his contract and will be fighting PM and IP for the bench jersey. Also would have been surprised if UR had released him as RP is not likely to be at Ravenhill until sometime in October.

Posters should be 100% sure of their sources are genuine as these threads just cause stupid pointless rumor. The Ulster squad is sorted for this season - end off.
Always ate your spuds....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Billyboy wrote: Actually so was I - CW has a full year on his contract and will be fighting PM and IP for the bench jersey. Also would have been surprised if UR had released him as RP is not likely to be at Ravenhill until sometime in October.
They will actually all be fighting for a starting jersey for a large part of the season as Pienaar will probably miss the first 7 or 8 matches plus may miss a couple during autumn internationals if they play ML during it ??
Someone actually a step down from RP might actually have been a better buy :stir:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

I think I read somewhere that Duffy had signed a new deal with Connacht. If that is true, we wouldn't want to encourage anyone to bail out of a legally binding contract. Many posters would never condone such an action and would doubtless have plenty to say if a player ever did that to Ulster for example.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
connachtfan
Novice

Post by connachtfan »

I've heard from a reliable source that he's going north. A huge loss for us, he was brilliant this season, hopefully he gets some recognition with you boys and I wish him all the best.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

If Willis not going west doesn't mean that Duffy is not coming north.

As for breaking a contract I do not think the situations are necessarily comparable.

Rush renegaded on a deal and put Ulster in a difficult position.

Until we know the details on any arrangement between Duffy, Connacht, Ulster and Dublin
I think it would be better not to prejudge.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Mr Frosty wrote:a defence coach may be a better signing
Just like Connacht I presume. June 22nd
http://www.connachtrugby.ie/news-centre

Mac.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Billyboy wrote:
Ardglass2 wrote:What is your source Billyboy - as a number of different people seem to be saying the same thing
Cillian Willis - he seemed very surprised at such a suggestion.

Actually so was I - CW has a full year on his contract and will be fighting PM and IP for the bench jersey. Also would have been surprised if UR had released him as RP is not likely to be at Ravenhill until sometime in October.

Posters should be 100% sure of their sources are genuine as these threads just cause stupid pointless rumor. The Ulster squad is sorted for this season - end off.
so just to be clear, you're talking about the Willis rumour as opposed to the Duffy rumour?
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Billyboy
Novice

Post by Billyboy »

darkside lightside wrote:
Billyboy wrote:[quote="so just to be clear, you're talking about the Willis rumour as opposed to the Duffy rumour?
nonplussed » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:43 pm
tis true, they are talking, with the possibility of Cillian Willis going the other way

nonplussed » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:21 pm
i'm hearing its a done deal !

I 'm just pointing out that there is no deal on the table regarding CW so - i'm hearing its a done deal! - is somewhat hard to understand.

The Ulster squad is sorted for this season - players started pre-season training yesterday.
Always ate your spuds....
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Maybe it is a done deal.....just that nobody's told Willis yet :wink:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

to point out I said 'the possibility' of Cillian Willis going the other way not his departure being a done deal.

I also said i was hearing it was its a done deal in the 'Duffy to Ulster thread?' meaning Duffy to Ulster, at no point did i say the Willis thing was definate, and am glad he is staying as i rate him above Marshall. so please if you are going to spout patronising blanket statements, firstly please work out what your accusing people of!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Billyboy wrote: The Ulster squad is sorted for this season - players started pre-season training yesterday.
So the remaining berth for an outside back, is it filled?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Billyboy wrote: The Ulster squad is sorted for this season - players started pre-season training yesterday.
..this pre-season training is for the players not involved with the Ireland tour. The players on the tour (like Duffy.. :wink: ) will have some holiday before their pre-season starts.
weenotion
Novice

Post by weenotion »

BR wrote:
R u sure that the squad is sorted?
Pedrie Wannenberg article says that just the NIQ's r sorted.

"This signing completes Ulster’s impressive quota of non-irish qualified players for the coming season."

Doesn't say that the squad is sorted.

Agree that Players who are not on International duty will have started pre-season.