What did...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

What did...

Post by browner »

..people think of the food village? Food outlets in all areas of the ground now and with usherettes on the terrace selling coke and crisps there's a definite effort being made...all of this is not necessarily my bag but sure i'm yesterdays man.
As for the beer tent...i have to say my pint of Murphys was excellent, can't see the attraction in Heineken...still, seems strange with no Guinness pump.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: What did...

Post by Ithryn »

Murphys was fine by me, not a fan of heineken personally but it is way better than carling. I would love some local ale though.

The use of the car park for more food outlets was excellent, and I hope it was just a start and more establishments are brought in.

People selling snacks is a good idea too.

All in all its something new, long time since someone did that at ravers.
Why? Why not?
StevieD
Novice

Post by StevieD »

Superb idea and well executed for "opening night", I brought a few friends along that have never been to ravers before and they were very impressed!
Royster
Novice

Post by Royster »

I thought that the food village was excellent with something to suit most people. It creates a nice atmosphere along with the entertainment. Wouldn't mind seeing the drums on the pitch as half time entertainment as well. I was well impressed. To think that UR wasted that space for years. Just shows what new thinking can achieve or as the Undertaker said to his son-'You got to think outside the box'.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

...and i can't believe there wasn't a dipped soda in sight!
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
VuvazelaMan
Novice

Post by VuvazelaMan »

With the queue to get in and out of the terrace what it is they need someone selling beer on tap walking about. Heiny have this at other sporting events so here's hoping.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

As I said on another thread I thought the food village was a great step forward - would like a chinese/oriental type stall as well if possible. Stupid new rule on coke bottle lids though - frustrating for the young kids not being able to keep the lid - H&S have a lot to answer for - has anyone ever seen a bottle or top thrown in anger at Ravers??? Frustrating that we fall foul of the one rule for all situations. Guess I'll have to save a couple of bottle tops between now and the next game!!
Last edited by Yoda on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

They're not worried about people throwing bottle tops, they're worried about people throwing full bottles. Without the tops they empty in flight. They do it at a lot of concerts as well, and me and my mates used to just get around it by grabbing spares before we went. It is a bit over the top though. Have never seen that sort of thing at a rugby ground and doubt i ever will (unless Trevor Brennan was about....).
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Stupid blanket rule.

On the other hand just take a few spares in with you. When I go to concerts I usually take a spare lid with me for my water bottle.
Why? Why not?
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

I think the main reason for the removal of bottle tops is not so much that bottles will be thrown but that if you stand on one, without the lid, it will crush underfoot whereas if the lid is on it is likely to cause you to go a**e over t*t.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

colind wrote:I think the main reason for the removal of bottle tops is not so much that bottles will be thrown but that if you stand on one, without the lid, it will crush underfoot whereas if the lid is on it is likely to cause you to go a**e over t*t.
Ur wrong donkeykong!!

It's a Health safety thing:

Throw a half full bottle with no lid and the contents spray out. Bottle becomes virtually harmless.
Throw a half full bottle with lid on and the shift in weight as contents move to one end make it a very dangerous missile. More so than if the bottle was full.

Yeah probably not an issue at the rugby. But a crowds a crowd and a blanket rule needs to be applied for all events
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

MightyRearranger wrote: It is a bit over the top though. Have never seen that sort of thing at a rugby ground and doubt i ever will (unless Trevor Brennan was about....).
Wrong

At the Stade home games both last year (remember; Brussels.... no - Paris!) and the year before my kids had bottles taken from them at the gate and returned without their lids. That was the first time I'd seen it.

I thought the food stands were brilliant, I know where my clan will be having tea on rugby nights now :salut:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ali c wrote:
MightyRearranger wrote: It is a bit over the top though. Have never seen that sort of thing at a rugby ground and doubt i ever will (unless Trevor Brennan was about....).
Wrong

At the Stade home games both last year (remember; Brussels.... no - Paris!) and the year before my kids had bottles taken from them at the gate and returned without their lids. That was the first time I'd seen it.
I think MightyRearranger meant he'd never seen bottle thrown at a rugby match, not that he hadn't seen bottle tops removed on entry, Ali.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

So what if they remove bottle tops, carry a spare with you each week and problem now solved for future matches, unless they start searching for bottle tops at the gate !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: I think MightyRearranger meant he'd never seen bottle thrown at a rugby match, not that he hadn't seen bottle tops removed on entry, Ali.
Ahh, even I am entitled to the odd blonde moment .... :flower: