IRE V SA

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

IRE V SA

Post by bootlaced »

Back to EOS days,if Buckley the big lazy useless bugger comes on for the second half it is a joke,he can't scrummage and he can't even make a ruck,
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
29xThePain
Squire

Re: IRE V SA

Post by 29xThePain »

Buckley has been appalling, agree that he doesn't deserve to be near the pitch for the second half. Fitzgerald is the only back making any chances. No creativity, no cohesion. Ireland have been shambolic.
Follow me on Twitter
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Ball handling as good as we see at Ravenhill :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

How long is it since BOD played a full game of rugby,
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The new jerseys were even falling apart, see they have the old ones on for second half
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Won't be suprised if Ireland get booed off here. Absolute garbage. Lansdowne starting to sound like a library now.

Pienaar is playing well though.
Follow me on Twitter
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

At least Buckley's off
Follow me on Twitter
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

TC on for the fat >TM
Rory Best
archie
Novice

Post by archie »

Lineout is shocking, Rory's darts all over the place but why keep calling it to the back? Try shortening and going to 2 a bit more!
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

MOD,Reddan,and Buckley should never be near an Irish jersey again,BOD is obviously unfit,why they were on the pitch is EOD at his best.
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Court improved our scrum when he came on, hopefully he'll get a go at tighthead next week against samoa
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

DHK wrote:Court improved our scrum when he came on, hopefully he'll get a go at tighthead next week against samoa

Knowing Kidney he will start with Hayes.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Truly woeful performance. Not one of our forwards was up to it today. Scrum under pressure all day and our lineout was appaling. MOD unfortunately exposed again at this level. Buckley was very poor. Best cannot throw as we already knew of course. Wallace and Ferris weren't even on the pitch as far as I could see.

Reddan was woeful and Sexton didn't perform today.

Of our backline only Fitzgerald and to a lesser extent Bowe, in the second half anyway, bothered to turn up. I doubt if BOD was even at 50% fitness.

Court, Stringer and ROG made a difference when they came on. In particular ROG showing his class with that lovely chip for Bowe's try and he showed great urgency when taking the tap penalties.

This is a big fail for Kidney because he made the changes too late. It was obvious we needed to move the ball quickly and Stringer should have been on at half time. Sexton wasn't having a good game and ROG also should have been on at half time. Court should have been on at half time also, if not earlier. Despite my reservations about Ryan MOD wasn't doing anything and this change should have been made earlier. If Earls was fit, and he should have been if he was selected, it is inexcusable that he wasn't unleashed to open up the game, either at fullback or at OC.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Binman
Novice

Post by Binman »

Tom did well in the scrum and in the loose and Buckley picked up a knock so john Hayes will start next week.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Shan wrote:Truly woeful performance. Not one of our forwards was up to it today. Scrum under pressure all day and our lineout was appaling. MOD unfortunately exposed again at this level. Buckley was very poor. Best cannot throw as we already knew of course. Wallace and Ferris weren't even on the pitch as far as I could see.

Reddan was woeful and Sexton didn't perform today.

Of our backline only Fitzgerald and to a lesser extent Bowe, in the second half anyway, bothered to turn up. I doubt if BOD was even at 50% fitness.

Court, Stringer and ROG made a difference when they came on. In particular ROG showing his class with that lovely chip for Bowe's try and he showed great urgency when taking the tap penalties.

This is a big fail for Kidney because he made the changes too late. It was obvious we needed to move the ball quickly and Stringer should have been on at half time. Sexton wasn't having a good game and ROG also should have been on at half time. Court should have been on at half time also, if not earlier. Despite my reservations about Ryan MOD wasn't doing anything and this change should have been made earlier. If Earls was fit, and he should have been if he was selected, it is inexcusable that he wasn't unleashed to open up the game, either at fullback or at OC.

Best can only throw to his target,it is up to that target to make himself available,ie jumpers should jump,and catch the ball that touches their palm,he was great around the loose and made many tackles and also drove forwards with the ball as did Court,I was always concerned about Buckley,and his lack of presence in the first half could well have allowed SA some confidence,you mentioned he was a big unit,maybe you could add that he is a big useless unit that should never wear the green jersey again,Court or Ross should now be ahead of him in the pecking area.

Sexton probably suffered from poor service from Reddan which was probaly due to the ineffectivness of the Irish pack,which probably highlights MOD and DOC,although it would be amiss of me to mention how terrible our backrow was.