Parking for Aviva Stadium

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Big Dog
Novice

Parking for Aviva Stadium

Post by Big Dog »

Apologies if there is a more appropriate thread for this, but do you have any recommendations for parking for the match tomorrow?

All my previous visits to LR have been by coach or train, but we are driving down tomorrow and would appreciate some guidance for the best place to park.

Thanks
cables
Lord Chancellor

Re: Parking for Aviva Stadium

Post by cables »

When driving (very frequently) I have always arrived to the area around LR very, very early with the intent of reducing my walking distance from the car to the stadium.

I have only ever parked in two locations.

Within the area soon to be sealed off (read all signs and watch for cones) or in Herbert Park (tree lined Avenue close to Ballsbridge.

Typically I would then have lunch and a single pint before heading for the ground. Were you to arrive after the area being sealed off you could be quite a distance away. Perhaps parking near a Dart Station (South side) would work out well with your final journey by the Dart.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Park in Malahide and travel in by Dart.
Big Dog
Novice

Post by Big Dog »

Thanks for the assistance. We just abandoned ship on a 'pay and display' side street, it did the job!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Big Dog wrote:Thanks for the assistance. We just abandoned ship on a 'pay and display' side street, it did the job!
Load of parking down around Aviva, if all else fails then Pembroke Wanderers Hockey club, RDS or Bewleys hotel parks.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best