ENOUGHS ENOUGH!

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

IS 2006 GOING TO SEE AN INDEPENDANT SUPPORTERS CLUB

YES, COULD BE AN OPTION?
76%
NO WAY JOSE!
24%

Total votes: 17

B.Y.O
Novice

ENOUGHS ENOUGH!

Post by B.Y.O »

ENOUGHS ENOUGH FOLKS. THE TIME HAS COME ON NEW YEARS EVE TO DECIDE. FIRSTLY IT WAS CLUB ULSTER, THEN THE URSC.
SECONDLY ULSTERS MB WAS COMPROMISED, THEN THE UAFC CAME ABOUT, NOW WE HAVE THE FRU AND SCOOP!!!!

STANLEY GATE! BLOOMING NONSENSE
BALLPARK GATE v DEADBALL GATE! UTTER TRIPE.
WHOSE MB NAME IS WHO?
TWO AND THREE NAMES ON A FORUM! DOWN RIGHT RIDICULOUS!

IS ANYONE ELSE FED UP?
EVERYONE SUPPORTS ULSTER, BUT EVERYONE IS GETTING MORE AND MORE DIVIDED.

IS THER GOING TO BE ANOTHER SPLIT?
THE 1st ULSTER INDEPENDANT SUPPORTERS CLUB?
WHY NOT?

LATEST NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
IT HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED ON THE DARK SIDE THE URSC IS FINISHED!
HAS THE TIME ARRIVED??
A MEETING PLACE/ BAR. A WEEKLY MEETING NOT ON A FRIDAY. WEEKLY SUBS. AWAY TRAVELL SUBSIDES?? POSSIBILITIES ENDLESS?
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

By the sounds of it you are a tad to late the announcments are thick and fast on the Dark side. :?
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

What announcements?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

I know it disappeared right and quick. You saw what did it say?
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Happy New Year to all of YOUSE.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Oh well, I was informed it had little more detail than that! :shock:

ballpark
Warrior Chief

Re: ENOUGHS ENOUGH!

Post by ballpark »

B.Y.O wrote: BALLPARK GATE v DEADBALL GATE! UTTER TRIPE.
The title of this thread and the poll is
IS 2006 GOING TO SEE AN INDEPENDANT SUPPORTERS CLUB .

So what has the above comment re DB got to do with this topic or an independant supporters club??

Think your a tad over emotional as the New Year approaches. Take a deep breath and an even deeper drink and come back when you've got your brain in gear.

Have a Happy New Year.
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

Enough is certainly enough.

Let's see the onfield problems sorted out first, then we can worry about the trimmings.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

hear hear barney :shock:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I have to be honest here. I joined the URSC this year out of loyalty to some people as I felt they were working hard on our behalf. The proof of the piudding is in the eating. A little from everyone adds up to a lot as a prominent supporter said to me today.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
baldeagle09
Initiate

Post by baldeagle09 »

Is an IndependEnt Supporters Club necessary in the first place?

In my opinion the Supporters Club has been a waste of money. I joined at the Edinburgh match 16/09/05 (Membership No 151). We were promised the following:-
Regular Social Events-
International Draw for tickets-
Away Travel Discounts-
Player of Month Voting-
Merchandise Discount-
Priority Booking for Heineken Cup away matches & knockout rounds (Cloud Cuckoo Land unfortunately this year!)-
Access to URSC pages on ulsterrugby.com
Plus we all get to vote for the Committee of the URSC.

So what exactly have I received for my £10.

Absolutely nothing. Not even an acknowledgement of my membership. Not even a simple email. Not even discount vouchers for merchandise. Absolutely nothing.
Its not as if I am a shrinking violet - I have been to all the home matches and have travelled (independently) to the Leinster game at Donnybrook.

IMHO the role of the Supporters Club should be solely concerned with supporting Ulster Rugby. Too often in the recent past those vocal supporters who post regularly on these boards have ventured into the political domain vis-a-vis the debate re the Maze v Ravenhill. Also the criticism of Coach, Team and indeed Branch has gone beyond the pale and become abusive.
To sum up, the supporters club should get back to what it does best, namely supporting Ulster Rugby (wherever it is played!)
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Baldeagle
Superb summation of the problem.

LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

sorry deadball and baldeagle09 - I would disagree with some of your thinking.

A supporters club is generally a group of like minded folk with one common thread. In this case its Ulster and the team and the craic following it and the banter and all that goes along with the supporting from an outside stance. They are not generally brow beaten funders of a regime which doesn’t give a shoit about them individually or collectively as shown by Mr Reid and his goons. Nor are they puppets who speak when their programmer allows them to and they do not spend their entire existence, pitiful or otherwise, saying yes Mr Reid no Mr feckin Reid and isn’t Mark doing a wonderful job doing what he is doing.

Get real guys. A supporters club is a peer group, a pressure group and an influential aspect to the life of the entire entity.

LOOK AT MANCHESTER UNITED RECENTLY WHEN SOME YANKEE DOODLE DANDY WANTED TO TAKE OVER THE CLUB - SUPPORTERS CLUB WENT APE - NO YES MEN THERE

That’s what supporters clubs do. They let the Fat Controllers know what the ground folk really think. If you boys want to be yes men and paying for it - good luck to you. I sure as hell don’t.

As for criticising McCall - its part of the job. Never in my life have I, could I or would I sit back and watch a balloon make a complete bollix of a job without saying something.

Sorry if this offends - it wasn’t meant to - just expressing my annoyance at the failures and so on.
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Well argued LePaul. I'm with you on this one. I must admit I've always had my reservations about the supporters club being influenced by the branch and if the announcement by M Reid on the dark side is to be believed, your vision of a trully independant supporters club is on the cards.
Mum
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

There is as much chance that I am Mike Reid than the poster on UR board, wise up guys it's a wind up if ever there was one :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best