The next six

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bring Humph On!!
Squire

The next six

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

We have 6 games between now and MK. How does McGlocks play it? Are there certain games that he will give up ala munster at thomond to keep players fresh? Or does he keep a winning team playing in the hope that the confidence grows?

Any thoughts?
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
ulster-t-i-d
Novice

Re: The next six

Post by ulster-t-i-d »

What I don't want to see is us accommodating any more requests from DK to play PW at 10.
Me on Twitter
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Any Thoughts?

No matches till end of February. 6N's intervening - can you tell me who will play out of the Ulster contingent? Who will get injured?
Ospreys away on 13th Feb.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Far too much potential for injury during the 6N and the O2, Aviva, Should have gone to Specsavers, Sam's yer man for a bargain, Oh yessss, What has a hazelnut ine every bite, Wolfhounds to be planning for the Heiny yet. Lets just make sure noone gets totally clocked - we just can't absorb injuries like some other teams.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

pwrmoore wrote:
Any Thoughts?

No matches till end of February. 6N's intervening - can you tell me who will play out of the Ulster contingent? Who will get injured?

Sir Proms obviously shouldn't stay up so late :duh: :duh:
LTHG
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

pwrmoore wrote:
Any Thoughts?

AND Llanelli away on 18th Feb. (I just knew there was another but had to look it up)
Paul.

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Not a big fan of the guy but not a bad article -
http://www.magnersleague.com/news/7082.php
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Not sure Glocks will have much choice during February given Ireland/Wolfies matches, injuries etc. Tuohy out for 6 weeks BTW, have a horrible feeling we wont see 1F for a while also. I would have thought he would pick best of what is left, not really much point in rotating squad players who dont get much match time anyway. Hard to say how much Paddy & Tom will be released, depends on how much game time they get for Ireland.

Someone said on another thread that there was "no excuse" for not winning next 3 ML games, (didnt bother to comment as I thought it was too silly to merit serious comment), but I have to say I would be more than happy with 2 wins & a losing bonus point.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

brianc wrote:Not sure Glocks will have much choice during February given Ireland/Wolfies matches, injuries etc. Tuohy out for 6 weeks BTW, have a horrible feeling we wont see 1F for a while also. I would have thought he would pick best of what is left, not really much point in rotating squad players who dont get much match time anyway. Hard to say how much Paddy & Tom will be released, depends on how much game time they get for Ireland.

Someone said on another thread that there was "no excuse" for not winning next 3 ML games, (didnt bother to comment as I thought it was too silly to merit serious comment), but I have to say I would be more than happy with 2 wins & a losing bonus point.
Are there more Wolfies matches after this weekend ?
Just looked it up :D This week is the last :cheers:
Last edited by Rooster on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The rule was, if you played less than 40 minutes you should be released to play in the rest weeks.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Rooster wrote:Are there more Wolfies matches after this weekend ?
Just looked it up :D This week is the last :cheers:
Yep, this is the last, meant there could be more injuries though. Good to see Nevin named for Wolfies this week, obviously bang in Scotland match wasn't too bad.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Saw this thread and thought it referred to a six-pack :drunken:

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

brianc wrote: Someone said on another thread that there was "no excuse" for not winning next 3 ML games, (didnt bother to comment as I thought it was too silly to merit serious comment), but I have to say I would be more than happy with 2 wins & a losing bonus point.
Don't know who said that but lets be charitable and read it as - we have an opportunity in the next few matches with our Saffer contingent to take advantage of Ospreys massive commitment to the Welsh squad & their injury list and the following games with Scarlets & Cardiff.

That in theory was the masterstroke with buying in the Boks, we could have done without our own injury list of star names but we have chances in these games - but 3 easy wins would be dreamland. 9 or 10 points would be an excellent return.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
UlsterBok
Novice

Post by UlsterBok »

Anyone know if the Wolfhounds players will be available to play for Ulster for their next 3 Magner's league matches. Because if they are away that means Paul Marshall, Faloon, Ian Humphreys, Brady, Tuohy, Spence etc all out plus a few more perhaps. WIll these players be able to play??
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

can see no reason why they wouldn't be available unless they are also called up to the main 6N squad.
Paul.