Cheerleaders

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

LondonRedHand
Novice

Cheerleaders

Post by LondonRedHand »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-s ... 26105.html
The Super Bowl, the pinnacle in the American Football season, is to have no cheerleaders for the first time in its 45-year history.

This year's contenders, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers, cut their cheerleading squads more than 20 years ago and have confirmed they will not bring in substitutes.

Pittsburgh dumped their cheerleaders in 1969. The leader of the Steelerettes, as they were known then, approached Art Rooney, the team's owner, and asked if they could update their old-fashioned look. In response, Mr Rooney fired the entire squad. The Rooney family, who continue to own the Steelers, have never replaced them.

Dianne Feazell Rossini, a Steelerette in 1963, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: "For a long time, I wished the Steelerettes had continued on to the glory days of the '70s. How exciting that would have been.

"My thoughts now are that most people pay to see a football game - not ogle a bunch of girls. I don't think they really add anything to the game, except maybe provide something to watch when your team is losing badly."

Green Bay on the other hand dropped their cheerleaders in 1988 after a fan survey found that they were unfussed about them.

There are four other teams in America's National Football League without cheerleaders - the Chicago Bears, the Cleveland Browns, the Detroit Lions and the New York Giants.

Super Bowl XLV is is due to be watched by more than 100 million people around the world this Sunday.

The Steelers have won the most Super Bowls of any team, with six, the most recent coming in 2008 against the Arizona Cardinals.
You know who will not be happy.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Cheerleaders

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

You know who, probably won't even notice ..... YET - tonight he thought Brian O'Driscoll was playing for the Wolfhounds, and he couldn't figure out how the "jumpers" managed to jump so high, until he cottoned on to the fact that they are lifted :roll:

Don't worry, though, tomorrow he'll be sober ........ and THEN he'll be disappointed :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Theres always the bikini bowl at half time though.
Why? Why not?
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

"My thoughts now are that most people pay to see a football game - not ogle a bunch of girls. I don't think they really add anything to the game, except maybe provide something to watch when your team is losing badly."

Any comment HWM ?

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

backawaygoonahead wrote:"My thoughts now are that most people pay to see a football game - not ogle a bunch of girls.
Ospreys fans manage to combine the two! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:You know who, probably won't even notice ..... YET - tonight he thought Brian O'Driscoll was playing for the Wolfhounds, and he couldn't figure out how the "jumpers" managed to jump so high, until he cottoned on to the fact that they are lifted :roll:
Believe me Grumps, he was even more 'profound' on the way home in the car :roll:

I think he was doing fine until he started mixing hot port with his Murphys.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

moondance wrote:Believe me Grumps, he was even more 'profound' on the way home in the car :roll:
I believe you .... I've travelled that road with him as passenger :drunken:
I'm not arguing -
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

This thread needs some links to Cheerleader sites.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:This thread needs some links to Cheerleader sites.
What is stopping you? By the way, if you caught a cheerleader would you know what to do with one?

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Anyone see the IPL recently on tv? Male cheerleaders??? What is that about???? That is one addition I really don't want to see taking off at Ravers!!!
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

One of the Ulster Rockettes (Jordan Humphreys, I think?) appeared as a contestant on Countdown last week :shock:
Mine's a pint!
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

I've just accidently stumbled across the MVC Swimsuit competition in the video section in www.vikings.com/cheerleaders/
It's 4.06 minutes long and i reckon it's worth pausing at 2.06-2.08 minutes.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Rather odd to find that Crystal doesnt appear to have been a Cheerleader. Well maybe now that she has more time on
her hands she may be tempted to give it a go. You can keep up todate with developments on www.crystalharris.com

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

I cant believe its four and a half years since this topic was active. Will we ever have Cheerleaders again at Ravenhill ?
Ponder a while, and while yer pondering why not watch --- https://www.facebook.com/washingtonreds ... live_video

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

and almost 2 years has passed again. Useful link for today - https://www.thedailybeast.com/kim-jong- ... tiesand-me

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh