Positives & Negs: Ulster V Lllllllllanellllli

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Positives & Negs: Ulster V Lllllllllanellllli

Post by againstthehead »

Positives
- a win in wales (2 this season away :) )
- an away win
- back in the title chase
- lineout on top with AK throwing fine darts and Mueller on his game
- Robbie's back :)
- Pienaar hitting some kicking form. Fair play to him and humph - the practice has come good
- Spence is a crackin wee player. Strong as an ox and great hands. Brave wee sodd too.
- couple of nice runs by Gilroy. Find a boot and he replaces Danielli.
- the ref was a useful 16th man in the second 40 mins

Negatives
- some awful individual performances - the Irish players were very poor IMHO. Trimble and PW couldn't catch a cold in that weather tonight. Court had a couple of good carries though.
- Found it very hard to put phases together. Ok, ball was a bar of soap but poor
- scundered the chance for the winning drop goal. Pack did the hard work, only to butcher the whole play. Worked out for the best but we were lucky.
- Miss BJ :(

Overall not a great performance by any means - in fact, it was pretty dire. Had enough of the ball in the second half but couldn't put enough pressuse on the welsh to score points. Extremely fortunate to get the win but what a position it puts us in.

Top 4 spot is realistic methinks.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
DHK
Steward

Re: Positives & Negs: Ulster V Lllllllllanellllli

Post by DHK »

Next three games are home to Cardiff, Aironi and Dragons. All very winnable games. 13/14 points at least out of them and we're well in the hunt for playoffs
UlsterBok
Novice

Post by UlsterBok »

Positives:

*Ruan Pienaar - Super player, i think they jumped the gun with the MOM going to Lamont, Pienaar was a class apart and his kicking superb. His general all round play was very good as well. 1 criticism would be he doesnt back himself enough on the break, he should have pinned his ears back and gone for both of them, particularly the 1st he could probably have scored. But nonetheless is really topnotch!
* Muller - excellent leadership and outstanding in the lineouts, some fantastic steal. I have always thought Ulster dont challenge enough at the lineout on opposition ball. What a steal at the end! That shouldnt go unnoticed
* Jackson - though the kid played really well, looks pretty competent was very lively, really like the idea of a Jackon, L Marshall and Spence axis in future.
* Backrow - though the backrow were decent, Henry played his socks off despite knocking a few balls on and though Anderson was decent, whilst Wannenburg had a few carries.
* Scrums - Ulster were dominant up front, i thought the ref had a shocker in this department!!
* Kyriacou i though was very good as well.
* PIenaar's kicking!!!!

- Negatives
- Error count from both sides made it a very dour affair
- Ulster not capitalisting on their linebreaks - 2 or 3 breaks which could have been retained a lot better
- Performance of the ref - absolutely scandalous that he gave a penalty try when the Scarlets 3 was binding on Court's arm and then clearly didnt bind. How he couldnt see that is rdiculous. THought many of his scrum penalties were poor decisions, Ulster were clearly dominant.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

againstthehead wrote:munster stream
http://sportzone2.webs.com/index.htm
Negative??
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

+VE Ulster's first ever away win in Llanelli
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

UlsterBok wrote: - Performance of the ref - absolutely scandalous that he gave a penalty try when the Scarlets 3 was binding on Court's arm and then clearly didnt bind. How he couldnt see that is rdiculous. THought many of his scrum penalties were poor decisions, Ulster were clearly dominant.
His reffing of the scrum was bad. The difference once rhys thomas actually bound on court's back was really obvious. The first scrum he actually bound like that court stuck him straight up in the air.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

DHK wrote:
UlsterBok wrote: - Performance of the ref - absolutely scandalous that he gave a penalty try when the Scarlets 3 was binding on Court's arm and then clearly didnt bind. How he couldnt see that is rdiculous. THought many of his scrum penalties were poor decisions, Ulster were clearly dominant.
His reffing of the scrum was bad. The difference once rhys thomas actually bound on court's back was really obvious. The first scrum he actually bound like that court stuck him straight up in the air.
Tom actually told him what was happening and then everything changed in our favour :cheers:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Rooster wrote:
DHK wrote:
Tom actually told him what was happening and then everything changed in our favour :cheers:
Noticed that. Bit of intelligence from TC
UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

+ves
RP class act :cheers:
Andy K at 2
Putting one over the winging Welsh

-ves
Ref not picking up the constant wandering scarlets player behind the ruck on our side - made to look like harmless act but actually slowing the play and blocking view.
PW and his "I cant believe its not butter" hands (not for the first time this season) between him AT must have accounted for 80% of the error count
No bonus point :wink:
Some hae meat and canna eat, And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat, Sae let the Lord be thankit.
widerball
Novice

Post by widerball »

I thought the ref was ok.
There was time for the linout at the end.
If we had kicked for touch we would not have kicked the winning penalty!
Any idiot can face a crisis -it's day to day living that wears you out.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

Positives:
Nigel Davies face at the end.

That's what a kick in the stones feels like Nige!! :shock:
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

We were very poor at times.

We stole it in the end...bloody lucky!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

+ve
Andi K still looking good even though he has been locked in the cupboard for months, think he should play half a match each week along with Nigel till Rory comes back and keep the lot of them match fit for the rest of the season.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

+ A win
we kept trying right up to the death
Line out
Defence
nobody died

thats about it.

RP kicked a last ditch effort and saved the day.

We were bullied at times, lacked urgency & aggression once again but showed that we can win ugly!

Now next three games are key, lets go win them!!!

C'Mon ULSTER!!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!