The Golf

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

TinPig
Squire

Re: The Golf

Post by TinPig »

Dave wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:01 pm Think of the NIQs Rory McIlroy will be able to bankroll now...
Apparently Rory has never bankrolled Ulster rugby, it was all rumour and speculation. I’d be happy to be proven wrong and I’m a fan of McIlroy.
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

TinPig wrote:
Dave wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:01 pm Think of the NIQs Rory McIlroy will be able to bankroll now...
Apparently Rory has never bankrolled Ulster rugby, it was all rumour and speculation. I’d be happy to be proven wrong and I’m a fan of McIlroy.
I know but surely with extra Saudi coin he could......
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:39 pm
TinPig wrote:
I know but surely with extra Saudi coin he could......
... Then there's a club in London that could do with a few bob...
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Inspired by Jean's thread on women's rugby, how about a shout for the Solheim Cup?

USA off to a flier but European comeback under way led by Ulster woman :fleg: , Leona Maguire >clapping >clapping
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Leona still leading the way! Go for it girls!

Interesting that two thirds of the USA team seem to be of Korean origin. Anyone got an explanation?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:59 pm Leona still leading the way! Go for it girls!

Interesting that two thirds of the USA team seem to be of Korean origin. Anyone got an explanation?
There's an awful lot of Koreans on the West coast of the US (my brother in law is married to one of them) so lots of nationalised and 1st and 2nd generation citizens and as a nation they're crazy about golf.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wee w#nker McIlroy at the Ireland game. No fecks given to Ulster anymore. Can't say I blame him.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Dave wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:11 am Wee w#nker McIlroy at the Ireland game. No fecks given to Ulster anymore. Can't say I blame him.
F*s
Dave, you have become poisonous
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bobbievee wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:11 am Wee w#nker McIlroy at the Ireland game. No fecks given to Ulster anymore. Can't say I blame him.
F*s
Dave, you have become poisonous
Agreed, I'm toxic. Send help.

Thing is the wife left me. I see the kids every other weekend. It's hard. Once a month would be plenty.
Last edited by Dave on Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The w@nkers that attend team golf tournament are even worse than the ones at international rugby games. There is a large subset who will be at both if possible.

Was talking to somebody was at one of the games and said "the atmosphere was brilliant. There was Mexican waves and everything"

Sorry, if a Mexican wave broke out then the atmos was pure shyte.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

There's a wee tiktok video of the Mexican wave. Watch what happens as it reached the Irish supporters :thumleft:

https://www.tiktok.com/@ireland/video/7 ... 0066597381
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:24 pm There's a wee tiktok video of the Mexican wave. Watch what happens as it reached the Irish supporters :thumleft:

https://www.tiktok.com/@ireland/video/7 ... 0066597381
:lol:

Looked into the S Korean weemin a bit more (not in a Russell Brand way I hasten to add) and half of the world's top 50 are either Korean or American Korean.

My brother in law's missus is more into tennis but she takes it very seriously
Big Neville Southall