Ulster V Scarlets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Ulster V Scarlets

Post by Setanta »

This has got to be a huge encounter; I would give a lot to be at Ravenhill on Friday!! Ye lucky dogs that have the opportunity. Thought I'd start the topic anyway as I had a general comment. Anyone noticed the site liverugbyonTV has suddenly stopped listing S4c, BBC etc., this and last week was practically only Sky! A real bummer for us exiles; now I have to look up each site.
Jonathan Davies on Magners site saying Scarlets all out to win on Friday!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster V Scarlets

Post by Cornerfleg »

When is the squad announced ... or when is everyone that can walk announced. I'm only interested to see if iHumph, BJ and Cave are included and whether 1F may get 15 minutes.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Setanta wrote:This has got to be a huge encounter; I would give a lot to be at Ravenhill on Friday!! Ye lucky dogs that have the opportunity. Thought I'd start the topic anyway as I had a general comment. Anyone noticed the site liverugbyonTV has suddenly stopped listing S4c, BBC etc., this and last week was practically only Sky! A real bummer for us exiles; now I have to look up each site.
Jonathan Davies on Magners site saying Scarlets all out to win on Friday!
It's on BBC NI as usual and probably BBC2 Wales as well
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

According to Twitter updates, posts on this forum, posts on other forums, Ferris will play some part, Hump will play, BJ is out till next week :/
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

I have to admit to being a little bit nervous at this stage. We will need to win the collisions big time the next two weeks but at the same time have no injuries from this Friday nights game. Need to dominate and take our chances when they arise. I know we have the ability to win but with the team just scrapping a win and no more, last few times out it has dented my confidence! I just wonder how it will effect the players. I believe we will!

One thing I know folks is that we are good at cheering the lads on when they are on the front foot. Sometimes we are to quiet when were being dominated.

Need the 16th man this week more than ever. Lets be heard the whole match not just when on top! It would be a great time to bring a few friends for the extra voices!

C'Mon ULSTER!!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I'm worried that if we get another cliff hanger this week my ticker will pop!

This week has to be an all out full throttle effort ... no thinking of next week - that's how you get injuries.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

----------
Ulster Rugby
Had Graham Simmonds from Sky here this morning filming a feature with @stephenferris6 ahead of the QF. Will be worth a watch next week!
----------

Does this suggest UR are confident that Ferris will be fit for Saints? I don't know, hope so.

As for this Friday, I cannot wait. It's just one big game after the other at this stage, and I'm loving it!

OM
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Ferris will bench it this week. Has to if he is going to start next week
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Rooster - ye coudn't do us a favour a make a wee vid of that sky thing?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Big-al wrote:Rooster - ye coudn't do us a favour a make a wee vid of that sky thing?
Could if I knew when it is on but I will not be sitting watching Sky sports for the next 2 weeks.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Part time supporter ... yer just a part time supporter ...
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Preview: Ulster v Scarlets
Ulster along with Munster are the form teams in the Magners League, having both gained 22 league points from their last six matches. The Ulstermen have won their last five Magners League matches but have not won six in a row in the competition since they took the title in 2005/06.
Scarlets have lost their last four away games in all competitions, since beating Edinburgh at Murrayfield on 8 January. The Welshmen are winless in their last five encounters against Irish provinces, and have not won in Ireland since a trip to Connacht on 9 January 2009.

Ulster won 18-16 at Parc y Scarlets when the two teams met on 18 February but have never managed to achieve a season's double over Scarlets.

Referee: Graham Knox (SRU, 12th League game)
Assistant Referees: John Carvill, B O'Keefe (both IRFU).
TMO: Marshall Kilgore (IRFU).

Live on BBC Sport NI and BBC Cymru Wales.
noun "Fan"

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Fell asleep and dream't we turn over Scarlets with a winning bonus, Munster take Leinster, Ospreys take Cardiff & hey presto home semi on the cards!

Oh sweet dreams!!!

C'Mon ULSTER!!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

:scratch:

Scottish ref ... Knox ... can't mind what he's like ... someone help, you've one bullet and Knox and Jones in front of you who gets it?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote::scratch:

Scottish ref ... Knox ... can't mind what he's like ... someone help, you've one bullet and Knox and Jones in front of you who gets it?
Put one behind the other and hope it goes through first one.
Rory Best