All Ireland Cup Final.

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

gannonman
Steward

All Ireland Cup Final.

Post by gannonman »

With people discussing about how Ulster's Euro cup quarter final next weekend is not being mentioned it has made me realise how Club rugby has basically disappeared this year in general. As you can probably tell from my name I'm a massive Dungannon fan and I go to all Dungannon's home games and the crowds this year have been non - existent.

Anyway I'm just writing a thread on this Saturdays All Ireland Cup Final between Gannon and Bruff. Heading down on the bus and I'm really looking forward to it and can't wait for the match. Bruff (who now will have a relegation play-off with the 5th side from Division 2) will be up for this one but I think the Stevenson men can take this one home. We have probably one of the strongest teams around on paper with Brady, Caldwell, Tj Anderson, Birch, Jackson, Gilroy, Gaston and probably the best player this year Cochrane all featuring regularly with the exception of Brady who has only played once or twice this year. Our main weakness is up front where we don't quite have the strength but with our destructive back-line I feel we can take this one home.

P.s The horse racing is on so no T.V coverage on R.T.E! :banghead:

Comon Gannon!
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
The FRU
Squire

Re: All Ireland Cup Final.

Post by The FRU »

We'll be covering it in our Club section http://club.thefru.co.uk/frumu/ though goodness knows when we'll get it published as it's straight from St Mary's and over to Milton Keynes!
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

gannonman wrote:With people discussing about how Ulster's Euro cup quarter final next weekend is not being mentioned it has made me realise how Club rugby has basically disappeared this year in general. As you can probably tell from my name I'm a massive Dungannon fan and I go to all Dungannon's home games and the crowds this year have been non - existent.

Anyway I'm just writing a thread on this Saturdays All Ireland Cup Final between Gannon and Bruff. Heading down on the bus and I'm really looking forward to it and can't wait for the match. Bruff (who now will have a relegation play-off with the 5th side from Division 2) will be up for this one but I think the Stevenson men can take this one home. We have probably one of the strongest teams around on paper with Brady, Caldwell, Tj Anderson, Birch, Jackson, Gilroy, Gaston and probably the best player this year Cochrane all featuring regularly with the exception of Brady who has only played once or twice this year. Our main weakness is up front where we don't quite have the strength but with our destructive back-line I feel we can take this one home.

P.s The horse racing is on so no T.V coverage on R.T.E! :banghead:

Comon Gannon!
There are a few more from on here heading to that match, hard to know who will get playing though as perhaps Brady and Gilroy will travel to MK
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Paddy and Conor played last Saturday so if they are not picked for Sunday then they will almost certainly play on Saturday.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Jackson is not in the HEC squad so it wouldn't make any sense to hold him back. Gaston was added as an extra player last week so it might make sense in his case.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Shame about the timing of the final, especially for Gannon but luckily for Bruff Munster arent up to much important this weekend :lol:

Good luck to the Ulstermen, Gannon have a good few potential Ulster starlets in the reckoning. Similar to Hinch a few years back, and they now provide 5 or 6 of the Ulster 23 most weeks.

:red: :red: :red:
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

Good luck to Dungannon, but they shouldn't underestimate Bruff who have a very mobile pack, and are hard as nails.

It's a shame that it isn't being televised. Shame on RTE!
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Yeah quite annoying about it not being covered on T.V. It should be a great day out. troupe your right about Bruff. Their pack took us to the cleaners if I remember rightly in the last match but it was our backline who won the game on that day.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

The FRU wrote:We'll be covering it in our Club section http://club.thefru.co.uk/frumu/ though goodness knows when we'll get it published as it's straight from St Mary's and over to Milton Keynes!
Sooooooo unprofessional. :roll: :twisted: :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

More a lifestyle thing Colin. :lol:

You going down to St Marys?

colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

The FRU wrote:More a lifestyle thing Colin. :lol:

You going down to St Marys?
Fraid not but it should be a good day. I have been deported to the Aviva for the Leinster game.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

gannonman wrote:Yeah quite annoying about it not being covered on T.V. It should be a great day out. troupe your right about Bruff. Their pack took us to the cleaners if I remember rightly in the last match but it was our backline who won the game on that day.
It was tough enough up front http://club.thefru.co.uk/frumu/2011/02/ ... 1-bruff-8/ but Dungannon always looked the most likely to win.

As for player of the season it would be hard to look past Michael Rainey who has shown fantastic form in the second row all season.

gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Rainey has been very consistent and the two centres Telford and Magee have been superb as usual but Chris Cochrane stands out for me. A very gifted player with the ball in hand and has made some thumping tackles recently. Beats a lot of tackles and when in space is very hard to stop. He is our top try scorer this year and has something like 5 tries from his last 6 matches. A future player for Ulster definitely I would think.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

C'MON GANNON,

Sing the good old shanty boys where ever you may be..........................................

http://wn.com/Dungannon_RFC
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »