Hope we meet you in the final .

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

FOOTRUSH
Novice

Hope we meet you in the final .

Post by FOOTRUSH »

As a life long Leinster supporter who was living and working in Dundalk in 1999 , I was able to attend your semi in Ravenhill and your final in Dublin . Every year I make the journey up to Ravenhill with my dad and nephew , 3 generations , my dad who is in his 80's now would not miss the trip . All I want to say here is thanks for all the amazing rugby and take the chance to hope that the two Provences will meet in Cardiff, what a wonderful day that would be ?. Give them hell and the best of luck to all of you players and supporters you are unique and the rugby world is all the richer for that. :salut:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Hope we meet you in the final .

Post by pwrmoore »

Thanks Footrush. The sentiment is reciprocated. Good Luck to Leinster too!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Achh, sure yer only saying that because you think we'll be the easiest team to beat in the final :D

Seriously though, thanks for the sentiments, and as with PWM, I reciprocate them.

(But if Saints beat us I have promised St Kenneth that I will support Northampton all the way TO the final) :wink:

Wouldn't it be great for Irish rugby if Munster were there in Cardiff too for the Amlin final!!!!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Disle
Novice

Post by Disle »

Hi Ulster supporters, from a Munster supporter.

Very best of luck in the 1/4 final.

Hoping for Munster in the Amlin on the Friday night.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Disle wrote:Hi Ulster supporters, from a Munster supporter.

Very best of luck in the 1/4 final.

Hoping for Munster in the Amlin on the Friday night.
STAND UP FOR THE :cheers: IRISH MEN!!!!
I'm not arguing -
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

will be cheering on all three Irish teams (and Rory & Graeme in the masters) from Milton Keynes this weekend! :red:

CMONNNNNNNN ULSTERRRRRR :cheers:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
ceemec
Novice

Post by ceemec »

Best of luck folks. Northampton should hold no fear for you and it seems you've developed the knack of winning the tight games recently. Ulster have enough talent throughout the team to win this one and go all the way to the Millenium. Fingers crossed for you.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Thanks for the wishes lads, I can genuinely say that I will be cheering on Munster and Leinster at the top of my voice, fingers crossed for a win for all three, I reckon it could well happen!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cheers lads, remember to give the Tiggers a rendition of Sweet Chariot when you kick their asses, it's kind of traditional :salut:
Would be mighty to meet up in Cardiff :P :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
LeinsterLad
Novice

Post by LeinsterLad »

Best of luck this weekend lads.

I think Northampton are a very decent side, but Ulster have come on a lot this season and have been immense at times.

I have no doubt you boys are capable of the win at the weekend, and what a semi-final it would set up (Possibly an All-Ireland weekend in Dublin), hopefully followed by and All-Ireland final in Cardiff!

I'd feel bad for the Munster boys being left out of an Irish Heineken Cup final (not really though).

Anyway, great to see you lads back in the knockouts, flying the flag for Irish rugby, last time you were here you went all the way, let's hope you can go one step shorter, to Leinsters benefit, this season! ;)

On a side note, tight between us in the Magners, we might not be so pleasant on your visit to Dublin, we badly need to beat you to make the play-offs!! :(
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Great to see all the good wishes flying aound..I went to the Leinster/Leister final a couple of years back at Murrayfield with a bunch of army mates and we all cheered Leinster on in what was a fantastic final...it would be fantastic to see two Irish teams in the final and its not beyond reason that we can do it this weekend....good luck to Munster as well minus the big fella ( best wishes on a speedy recovery ).
StKenneth
Novice

Post by StKenneth »

I'm disgusted by the Munster supporter wishing you good luck..... I thought you liked us? :evil: That's it. I'm ripping up my poster of Ronan O'Gara and my life long membership of the POC & DOC fan club!!!!

For the Leinster supporters..... should you be the victors against Leicester, you may borrow one of our songs if you like... the full song is below, but you may just want to use the chorus....

To the tune of glory glory Hallelujah...

"Big John Leslie went down to Welford Road, (Perhaps you could use... Brian O'Driscoll went down to Welford Road)
Big John Leslie went down to Welford Road,
Big John Leslie went down to Welford Road and this is what he said.......[Boom] [Boom] [Boom]

Who the hell are Leicester Tigers,
As the Saints (or Blues in your case) go marching ON! ON! ON!"

Seriously though, I suppose I shouldn't complain about the other Irish provinces wishing you luck, I've done the same to the folk in Pooh Corner (where Tigger lives). And like you Cap'n Grumpy, although I said I'd support you should you beat us, I wouldn't mind too much if the Tigs won if we were already knocked out.

I have a feeling that both English / Irish semi finals will go the way of the under dog. I also think the french teams will win the other two QFs!! :lol:
Oh When The Saints.. Go Marching In
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

St Kenneth - you know what they say, - "Blood's thicker than water"

We may fight and squabble with the Turnips & Mexicans and to a degree, the Westies (that's Munster, Leinster & Connacht to the uninitiated), but it's really just sibbling rivalry, and when hardy comes to hardy, the IRFU family mostly pulls together! :flower:
I'm not arguing -
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

:salut:

hoping for an Irish clean sweep this weekend, I'm actually looking forward to the Leinster game nearly as much as ours, firstly because it'll be a great occasion at the Aviva, but mainly because while I'll be supporting Leinster I'll be able to watch without the gnawing pain of anxiety and nausea which I'll experience throughout our match!
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:St Kenneth - you know what they say, - "Blood's thicker than water"

We may fight and squabble with the Turnips & Mexicans and to a degree, the Westies (that's Munster, Leinster & Connacht to the uninitiated), but it's really just sibbling rivalry, and when hardy comes to hardy, the IRFU family mostly pulls together! :flower:

I realise what I'm about to say will severly cripple his street cred and kudos amongst his peers ... but ... What he said :thumleft:
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"