I could've stayed....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

I could've stayed....

Post by browner »

SOME of the excitement around Darren Clarke's Open success has filtered into Glasgow's squad this week courtesy of the newest member of the team, Tommy Seymour.
The newly-signed winger was born in Tennessee, USA, to an English father and Scots mother, but lived in Dubai and Northern Ireland before making the move across the Irish Sea from Ulster this summer. A sharp-footed winger, he comes highly recommended
by Ulster's Scotland wing Simon Danielli and is Scottish-qualified.

After dotting across continents in his early life, Seymour admitted that he felt Irish. He said: "I was in the States until the age of nine, and in Dubai only for a year and a half, so my teen years were in Northern Ireland, and I think you sort of get a sense of belonging through your teenage experiences.

"I've certainly felt very Northern Irish over the past week with Darren's success in The Open. That has been fantastic for Northern Ireland and I've enjoyed it. I've met Rory McIlroy a few times; he's a good supporter and friend of the Ulster squad. I have followed golf for a long time, though I don't profess to be a golfer, but there was a lot of support among the boys for him at Sandwich, and for Darren and Graeme McDowell, and it was great for sport in such a small country as Northern Ireland to see Darren win."

Despite 'celebrating' his 23rd birthday in the testing environment of the Royal Navy Marines' commando base at Arbroath earlier this month, Seymour has settled in well in Scotland and is keen to make an impression on his new club supporters. "I remember the supporters well from my time playing here with Ulster.

"Ulster maybe have a few more at the moment, but the Warriors support is very loyal, and noisy, and I don't think any team enjoyed coming to Firhill.

"I'm looking forward to getting the chance to run out in front of them in a Glasgow jersey, and give them something to shout about.

"People look at Ulster and their rise in the past two seasons, but they have built and built to where they are and I sense the same desire here.

"That was my reason for coming really. I could have stayed at Ulster, but that was an easy option.

"I wasn't starting regularly and while it's a good squad I felt I'd be resting on my laurels if I stayed, whereas coming to Glasgow would be a challenge, and if I succeeded it would have greater benefits."

http://sport.scotsman.com/rugby/Tommy-S ... 6804939.jp
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Re: I could've stayed....

Post by browner »

Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

I am personally very disappointed he hasn't stayed, as I have always rated him quite highly. It's our loss. I'm backing him to have a good season over in Glasgow.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Don't think I have ever seen a Rhino ball except in a zoo :shock: any wonder its a challenge kicking them :lol:
Handling errors crept in, but Wight coped well with the new Rhino ball that is proving a challenge for all kickers, and the stand-off eventually opted to goal a penalty to open Glasgow's account in the 20th minute.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Rugby Stars Give Thumbs Up to New Ball

Rhino Rugby unveils new ball for RaboDirect PRO12

Rhino Rugby today announced its appointment as Official Ball Supplier to the RaboDirect PRO12 for the next 4 seasons.

The ball, called the Rhino Vortex Elite, was trialled by some of the tournament’s leading kickers, including Stephen Jones (Scarlets) and Chris Paterson (Edinburgh) as part of the approval process – it passed with flying colours.

Previously Rhino supplied the Official Ball of the British & Irish Lions 2009. However, the RaboDirect PRO12 deal represents an extremely significant move into the performance rugby ball market, which has to date been dominated globally by a small number of suppliers.

In addition to the match balls, Rhino will continue to supply the kit for the competition’s referees and touchline officials.

John Feehan, CEO of RaboDirect PRO12, said ‘We are delighted that Rhino has entered into this agreement with the tournament to supply both match balls and officials’ apparel. It is one of a small, elite group of sponsors involved in the RaboDirect PRO12 and we are looking forward to building a strong relationship’.

Best known as the world’s leading supplier of scrummaging machines, contact and training equipment, Rhino has recently made its mark in other areas such as artificial turf, teamwear and fashion under CEO Reg Clark.

Reg Clark commented ‘This deal is fabulous news for Rhino. As a company and as a brand we are on a roll. It’s going to be great to see the leading professional sides of Ireland, Italy, Scotland and Wales using our top of the range ball for the next 4 seasons’.

The RaboDirect PRO12 begins on Friday 2nd September. All twelve teams in the competition have been training with the new ball since 1st August. Limited numbers of Rhino Vortex Elite balls will be available for public purchase exclusively via Amazon until 31st August 2011.
Had a wee laugh at the quote about the plush playing surface at Firhill. :)
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

browner wrote:
Rugby Stars Give Thumbs Up to New Ball

Rhino Rugby unveils new ball for RaboDirect PRO12

Rhino Rugby today announced its appointment as Official Ball Supplier to the RaboDirect PRO12 for the next 4 seasons.

The ball, called the Rhino Vortex Elite, was trialled by some of the tournament’s leading kickers, including Stephen Jones (Scarlets) and Chris Paterson (Edinburgh) as part of the approval process – it passed with flying colours.

Previously Rhino supplied the Official Ball of the British & Irish Lions 2009. However, the RaboDirect PRO12 deal represents an extremely significant move into the performance rugby ball market, which has to date been dominated globally by a small number of suppliers.

In addition to the match balls, Rhino will continue to supply the kit for the competition’s referees and touchline officials.

John Feehan, CEO of RaboDirect PRO12, said ‘We are delighted that Rhino has entered into this agreement with the tournament to supply both match balls and officials’ apparel. It is one of a small, elite group of sponsors involved in the RaboDirect PRO12 and we are looking forward to building a strong relationship’.

Best known as the world’s leading supplier of scrummaging machines, contact and training equipment, Rhino has recently made its mark in other areas such as artificial turf, teamwear and fashion under CEO Reg Clark.

Reg Clark commented ‘This deal is fabulous news for Rhino. As a company and as a brand we are on a roll. It’s going to be great to see the leading professional sides of Ireland, Italy, Scotland and Wales using our top of the range ball for the next 4 seasons’.

The RaboDirect PRO12 begins on Friday 2nd September. All twelve teams in the competition have been training with the new ball since 1st August. Limited numbers of Rhino Vortex Elite balls will be available for public purchase exclusively via Amazon until 31st August 2011.
Had a wee laugh at the quote about the plush playing surface at Firhill. :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/RaboDirect-Pro1 ... 760&sr=8-1

A steal at £71.99 with free shipping :shock: :shock:
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Sounds like we made him an offer, but Glasgows was slightly better. Therefore, the easy thing would have been to stay.

Mind you, he'd have a job getting game time at Ulster wheras at Glasgow he's firmly in the frame for an international cap or three.

I do think he'll turn into a useful big lump of a wing and wish him the best of luck, hope he comes back here before he becomes a Scots international