What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: What makes you happy

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:51 pm I think he always had a dry sense of humour.

He was just very bloody professional!

8 finals in 9 years.
Have to say, he is one of those that I've grown to like in retirement after absolutely hating him all thru the 80s.

Selby is probably the modern equivalent. Likely too consistent for Ronnie over 33 frames.

btw Here's a tenuous link to fame. I played snooker with John Parrott's brother in the early 80s. Decent player, if not in his brother's league, and capable of beating anyone in Liverpool Student Union even when giving them a healthy start.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Ironically, it was Selby who cracked under the mental pressure.
Ronnie not treating his safety shots with the respect they deserved? WTAF? Done up like a kipper mate. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Spotted in Cork City Image
Big Neville Southall
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

My favourite here was at Avoniel near the entrance to the leisure centre: " Tom King is a specky bar steward". In-depth political analysis.

Except it wasn't bar steward. :roll:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Spotted many years ago in ANN St

above an entry sign

Have you ever been up

Joy's Entry

also

DILL (do) Road
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Finally, I might get some redress 😅

Dear Beneficiary:

We have been receiving complaints from many foreigners with reference to the scam activities of African citizens which are mostly from Nigeria and other West African Nations. Your name and e-mail address was in the list of scam victims sent to us by the combined team of investigators on Internet Fraud of The Federal Bureau Of Investigations (FBI) and the Interpol.

Due to the warnings/Orders from the Government of The United State of America, The countries of Nigeria, Benin Republic,Ghana and Bokinafaso following the meeting held by the four countries on the advise of The British High Commission, have decided to compensate the victims of scam activities by their citizens, as a result of retrieval of valuable properties and money from the suspected scammers arrested by the Interpol Security Network in Western Africa and in an attempt to reconcile West Africa with such affected countries as yours the Sum of US$750,000.00 has been mapped out as recompense to each victim and the NFIU mapped out payment by ATM debit card as the only genuinely certified means of payment, hence your recompense amount has been loaded in an ATM debit Card which shall be mailed to you through which you can make your daily withdrawals until you exhaust your compensation amount of $750,000.00 at a daily withdrawal limit of US$5,000.00 and a daily $50,000 transfer limit from the ATM Debit Card by making use ATM Machines or POS.

Yours was among those that were reported undelivered as at last Friday and we wish to advise you to see to the instructions of the committee to make sure you receive your compensation immediately. contact the office of the British consular liaison officer via email: - ( bhcommision@outlook.com ) of Call +299 immediately to check if the endorsed date of delivery suits you.

Be advised not to have any further contacts with any internet scammers.

Thank you once again.
Yours in Service,
Ms. Linda Brown.
Secretary to the CONSULAR,
British Foreign & Commonwealth
Office (FCO).
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

About 12 years ago in the midst of the recession I used one of those ambulance chasing outfits to take a case against my mortgage endowment provider claiming I has been misled as to the risk/benefits. They secured £2k compensation less 25% commission. The policy matured today and exceeded the target amount by £7.44. Result😀
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I reckon with this and your December windfall we can all look forward to a round of drinks at the first friendly of the year at Ravers. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:06 am My favourite here was at Avoniel near the entrance to the leisure centre: " Tom King is a specky bar steward". In-depth political analysis.

Except it wasn't bar steward. :roll:
I spent many years wondering what " FTP and BOC" meant ( spotted in lower Woodstock road, mid 70s). Couldn't think what the British Oxygen Company had done in the political sense.
Then saw it spelt out in full under Tates Avenue bridge when returning from a match at Windsor. But never did find out what the Bishop of Clogher had said or done to be elevated to such illustrious company.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I saw FTG on the Lower Ormeau. Can anybody enlighten me?
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Government?
Garda?
Glens?
Greenpeace?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:46 pm Government?
Garda?
Glens?
Greenpeace?
Government was my best guess. Which one though?
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Freedom that's gone.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

What a joyous morning, I hear that the Bouncing Chech's daughter has been convicted of five federal charges: sex trafficking of a minor, transporting a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity and three related counts of conspiracy. Her crimes relate many to her dead/murdered pal Epstein however there are a string of other potential names for whom the excrement may hit the Expelair, most interesting, one Prince Andrew.

Hopefully in January he will also be convicted, does anyone believe his blatant lies about not knowing his accuser?

Poor old Betty, first she loses Phil the Racist, now she may see the disgrace of Randrew. Off with his head. >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:58 am What a joyous morning, I hear that the Bouncing Chech's daughter has been convicted of five federal charges: sex trafficking of a minor, transporting a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity and three related counts of conspiracy. Her crimes relate many to her dead/murdered pal Epstein however there are a string of other potential names for whom the excrement may hit the Expelair, most interesting, one Prince Andrew.

Hopefully in January he will also be convicted, does anyone believe his blatant lies about not knowing his accuser?

Poor old Betty, first she loses Phil the Racist, now she may see the disgrace of Randrew. Off with his head. >threaten
I hear he's sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish shop ...
Big Neville Southall