Team for Friday night

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Team for Friday night

Post by Snipe Watson »

I would start with:
1. Paddy Mac
2. Andi K
3. Jeremiah
4. Tuohy
5. Stephenson
6. P3
7. Willie
8. Henry
9. small p
10. iHumph
11. Gilroy
12. Spence
13. Cave
14. Gaston
15. D’Arcy
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team for Friday night

Post by fuzzylogic »

So . . . 14 of last nights starting 15 then? Must have taken you a while to come up with that.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

why not just post your team instead of being a smartass
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Why not use a title which doesnt mislead posters into thinking that is actually the team for Friday night rather than your own opinion of what the team should be?
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Why didn't you ask me that question last night? The answer is because only a complete twonk would know that the team for friday would not be announced on the saturday before, but I'll change it in case some poor soul is confused.
Then of course you weren't really interested in that. You were just being a know-all smart-ass as usual.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

I would say that could be the team although the second row could be different. Stevenson would not be a cert to start I don't think.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

I thought Neil McComb played very well, called the lineouts well, and probably deserves to keep his place. Barker had a really good game when he came on as well and Stevenson was very solid. So not sure about the need to rush Tuohy back into the fray. I'd probably keep the same second row.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Fair point about McComb, he did go well and he is a big old unit. Bigger than stated on the UR profile I'm guessing. I think Tuohy brings an athletic ability that the others don't.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

McComb does not get much reignition so Friday night was a big boost for him.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Glasgow will be without both Gray and Kellock so that removes some of the pressure on the lineout.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

We are very lucky that in the absence of Muller we still have 4 good second rows to pick from
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Impressed by performance on Friday nite especially with 9 missing of which you wold expect at least 7 to start.
Not 100% sure about Gaston on wing, andI hope Luke Marshall is on the bench. How about Spence for Gaston and Marshal @ 12.

I saw warriors went down 28-0 to Sale on Friday. must have been the dynamic presence of TonyBuckley that made the difference. (what a disaster to be going to NZ ).
I think Ulster should be using there young players against some of the weaker teams like Glasgow during the RWC.
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

Snipe Watson wrote:Fair point about McComb, he did go well and he is a big old unit. Bigger than stated on the UR profile I'm guessing. I think Tuohy brings an athletic ability that the others don't.
Yeah, he very much does. He'll be an important player for us once he's back and fit. I just feel we have a few good guys in that position and we can ease Tuohy back in slowly :thumright:
Royster
Novice

Post by Royster »

I would opt for the same team as started against Quins. After all they played against Quins first choice pack and rarely have I seen an Ulster pack with so much grunt who had the edge in the scrum and out rucked the Aviva Premiership team. The front five were magnificent in the tight and in the loose so it would be a very bad man management decision to drop any of them and a very bad signal to send to all the others ie performance is not the be all and end all.