Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Injury Update

Post by Neill_M »

The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Saturday’s Heineken Champions Cup fixture against Clermont Auvergne at Stade Marcel Michelin.

Bradley Roberts (ankle), Marty Moore (concussion) and Tom Stewart (foot) sustained injuries during Saturday's defeat to Ospreys in Round 7 of the United Rugby Championship. All three players are unavailable for selection for this weekend's match.

They join Jacob Stockdale (ankle), Luke Marshall (knee), Will Addison (lower leg), Iain Henderson (hamstring), Cormac Izuchukwu (knee) and Jordi Murphy (knee) on the current injury list.

Duane Vermeulen is completing his graduated return to training programme following his recent COVID-19 diagnosis. He remains well, and his fitness to play this weekend will be monitored through the remainder of the week.

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What's the injury toll after the last match
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:15 pm What's the injury toll after the last match
Shame we're 507 pages into this thread..... that would make a great name for one
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:15 pm What's the injury toll after the last match
Shame we're 507 pages into this thread..... that would make a great name for one
You could use it every week. It would save making a new one just because you randomly felt like it.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:53 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:
You could use it every week. It would save making a new one just because you randomly felt like it.
It'll never catch on.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

What’s the injury toll after the last match

Post by BR »

You never know.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Might seem a bit Dave Ja Vu

(If you agree, just post +1)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s Heineken Champions Cup fixture against Northampton Saints at Kingspan Stadium.

Rob Baloucoune, who sustained a shoulder injury in the win over Clermont Auvergne at Stade Marcel Michelin, is unavailable for selection this weekend.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

+1
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:01 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

+1
I see what you did there. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:53 pm The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s Heineken Champions Cup fixture against Northampton Saints at Kingspan Stadium.

Rob Baloucoune, who sustained a shoulder injury in the win over Clermont Auvergne at Stade Marcel Michelin, is unavailable for selection this weekend.

The update this week is light on details, is that because there is nothing else to be said / Ulster keeping their cards close to their chest re certain players?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Neill_M wrote:
Neill_M wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:53 pm The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s Heineken Champions Cup fixture against Northampton Saints at Kingspan Stadium.

The update this week is light on details, is that because there is nothing else to be said / Ulster keeping their cards close to their chest re certain players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Oooh…..

Saints have said they’ve about ten who may or may not make it but they’re wishing to send a strong side.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

There is difference

There are injuries which occur in a match which are of a temporary nature , dead legs etc

And there are players who are out for a considerable time

Addison and Marshall for example

Thus on a weekly basis poeple may be added some are short term and might even be considered as resting or avoiding making a minor injury worse progress reports are not necessary
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Could we buy Rumn some full sips for xmas?