Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Injury Update

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Any showings of the long term injury listed taking part in the pre season training photos?

Luke Marshall hopefully not far away?
Jack McGrath christmas?
Cooney, Izzy and Stewart Moore?

Thanks
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:48 pm Any showings of the long term injury listed taking part in the pre season training photos?

Jack McGrath christmas?

Thanks
The signing of Kearney on short term deal (length unknown) suggests Izzy is not ready just yet. Will get an idea with the squad v Saracens on Friday, usually these pre-season games have extended benches etc.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

I've no idea when he'll be back but Jack McGrath was running for the first time yesterday on his insta which is really quite impressive for anyone who saw the early post op videos with him learning to walk again. I can't wait to see him back and fully firing - it would be some comeback for him.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:25 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:48 pm Any showings of the long term injury listed taking part in the pre season training photos?

Jack McGrath christmas?

Thanks
The signing of Kearney on short term deal (length unknown) suggests Izzy is not ready just yet. Will get an idea with the squad v Saracens on Friday, usually these pre-season games have extended benches etc.
Surely Izzy will be out for several months yet. Didn't he rupture his ACL around March?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:29 pm
Neill_M wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:25 pm

Jack McGrath christmas?

Thanks
Surely Izzy will be out for several months yet. Didn't he rupture his ACL around March?
Was April in the Challenge Cup win at Quins, I am no doctor so unsure what the recovery time for an ACL injury is to be honest.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ACL is recovery is usually 9 months or more. So February/March at the earliest.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:36 am ACL is recovery is usually 9 months or more. So February/March at the earliest.
So far side of Christmas then, 9 months would be January.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Luke was injured against Scarlets last November.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Luke not expected back until 2022.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/58659263

I am sure the UR fitness and conditioning team could claim to easily beat the 40 percent of injuries coming from training??!
:stir:
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

John Cooney sustained a hamstring strain during Friday’s game against Glasgow at Kingspan Stadium. He will have an MRI scan today to further assess this injury.

He joins the following players who are currently unavailable for selection due to injury:

Rob Baloucoune (groin)
Iain Henderson (thumb)
Cormac Izuchukwu (knee)
Luke Marshall (knee)
Jack McGrath (hip)
Kieran Treadwell (shoulder)
Jordi Murphy
Ian Madigan
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster Rugby has no new injury concerns arising out of Saturday’s game against Zebre.

Stuart McCloskey (hamstring) and Jordi Murphy sustained recent injuries in training and are currently unfit for selection.

Jacob Stockdale (ankle) and Rob Lyttle (back) also sustained recent training ground injuries and will have their fitness for selection monitored through the coming week.

Also, currently unavailable for selection due to injury are: Cormac Izuchukwu (knee), Luke Marshall (knee), Jack McGrath (hip), Iain Henderson (thumb), Kieran Treadwell (shoulder), John Cooney (hamstring) and Rob Baloucoune (groin).
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So Jordi’s done something in addition to the foot condition he’d been rehabbing.

Let’s hope Stu isn’t missing for long.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster Rugby has no new injury concerns following Friday’s win against Benetton.

Marty Moore suffered a concussion in training last week, and he is currently following the concussion Return to Play protocols.

Kieran Treadwell, Rob Lyttle, Eric O’Sullivan, Robert Baloucoune and David O’Connor have all now resumed full team training following their recent respective periods of unavailability.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Any player surviving training deserves a start.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?