Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Injury Update

Post by kingofthehill »

Jackie Brown wrote:Could someone kidnap Matty Res, incase he tries to take his brothers place again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Matty isn’t getting back on the pitch. Marcus and Jordi fighting it out for flanker opposite Timoney.
Excited to see Izzy back. A few games to get back into the swing of it and he will be killing dead things.
Any news of Luke, Jacob and Will returning?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

StandUp wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm Matty isn’t getting back on the pitch. Marcus and Jordi fighting it out for flanker opposite Timoney.
Excited to see Izzy back. A few games to get back into the swing of it and he will be killing dead things.
Any news of Luke, Jacob and Will returning?
Jacob is out for the season.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Of course, underwent surgery. Can’t remember if I’m senile or not.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

From being an area of strength we can't really afford to lose any more back 3 players. Any chance Addison could be back for European games?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Still have Rob, Gilroy, McIlroy, Lyttle, Sexton, Moxham in the wings. Lowry at fullback with McIlroy providing cover. Addison would significantly improve the quality back there. Hopefully Ireland don't break Rob or Mike.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Off the Top
Initiate

Post by Off the Top »

I'd like to see Sexton get a run. Even if he goes on the left wing with Mike at full back.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I'm maybe being a bit selfish thinking ahead to toulouse but we really need Rob and Mike to come through next 6 weeks unscathed.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:48 pm I'm maybe being a bit selfish thinking ahead to toulouse but we really need Rob and Mike to come through next 6 weeks unscathed.
Interesting to see how many players who are in the Irish camp will travel on the South African mini tour which is on the two weekends between end of 6N and Toulouse away.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:48 pm I'm maybe being a bit selfish thinking ahead to toulouse but we really need Rob and Mike to come through next 6 weeks unscathed.
Interesting to see how many players who are in the Irish camp will travel on the South African mini tour which is on the two weekends between end of 6N and Toulouse away.
Do we keep a core of players back for toulouse or send them all and treat the 2 weeks as a warm weather training camp? I don't think covid will be such an issue (are tests required to enter from SA?) But the risks are surely enhanced living and travelling together for 2 weeks. We'd be screwed if we had an outbreak like munster had.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Is Duane going to be fit for Toulouse…..?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Dwayne was on the early flight out of city this am, didn't look to be moving too gingerly and no crutches or anything. Would guess his injury is not too bad, so would be hopeful toulouse will be OK.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

allezlesverres wrote:Dwayne was on the early flight out of city this am, didn't look to be moving too gingerly and no crutches or anything. Would guess his injury is not too bad, so would be hopeful toulouse will be OK.
He will play in SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Assuming he can displace Moxham from the back row!

Good to hear.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I'd be inclined to give duane a few weeks off to recharge both the body amd mind in SA. He has played a lot of rugby with little break and I'd rather have him fit and raring to go for a busy end of the season.