Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

So It Is
Initiate
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 am

Re: Injury Update

Post by So It Is »

Bart S wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:30 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:43 pm
SUFTUM_19 wrote:think the team on Saturday will be something like:
Kitshoff, Stewart, Moore, Henderson, Treadwell, Ewers, Timoney, McNabney, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Hume, Baloucoune, Moore
Subs - Herring, Warwick, Moore, O’Connor, Sheridan, Doak, Flannery, Lowry
3 wrong in starting team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matty Rea starting .
:lol: :lol: :fleg:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5844
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Injury Update

Post by justinr73 »

He started when we squeaked past them last time.
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 15683
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Injury Update

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

DodgyEverything wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:42 pm
SUFTUM_19 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:27 pm think the team on Saturday will be something like:
Kitshoff, Stewart, Moore, Henderson, Treadwell, Ewers, Timoney, McNabney, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Hume, Baloucoune, Moore
Subs - Herring, Warwick, Moore, O’Connor, Sheridan, Doak, Flannery, Lowry
Can never have too many Moores
The Moore the merrier.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
DodgyEverything
Novice
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:33 am

Re: Injury Update

Post by DodgyEverything »

Bart S wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:30 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:43 pm
SUFTUM_19 wrote:think the team on Saturday will be something like:
Kitshoff, Stewart, Moore, Henderson, Treadwell, Ewers, Timoney, McNabney, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Hume, Baloucoune, Moore
Subs - Herring, Warwick, Moore, O’Connor, Sheridan, Doak, Flannery, Lowry
3 wrong in starting team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matty Rea starting .
Up for media duty this week so looking likely
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4674
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:16 pm
Location: The Dufferin

Re: Injury Update

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

DodgyEverything wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:19 pm
Bart S wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:30 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:43 pm
SUFTUM_19 wrote:think the team on Saturday will be something like:
Kitshoff, Stewart, Moore, Henderson, Treadwell, Ewers, Timoney, McNabney, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Hume, Baloucoune, Moore
Subs - Herring, Warwick, Moore, O’Connor, Sheridan, Doak, Flannery, Lowry
3 wrong in starting team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matty Rea starting .
Up for media duty this week so looking likely
:banghead: ffs. Bath will be quaking
Exterminate all rational thought
waggonsroll
Initiate
Posts: 438
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: Injury Update

Post by waggonsroll »

With the weather forecast for the region I hope they pack the water-wings.
NoPayneNoGain
Novice
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:49 pm

Re: Injury Update

Post by NoPayneNoGain »

I think Moore should try lock down 15. Lowry has proven to be a defensive liability and lately hasn't been the attacking threat that he was 2 seasons ago.

He's definitely not the backup 10 we hoped he'd be either.
User avatar
MightyRearranger
Warrior
Posts: 1088
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:42 am
Location: Lisburn

Re: Injury Update

Post by MightyRearranger »

Don't agree on Lowry, he forced his way into the Ireland reckoning at fullback a few years ago. His tackling is fearless to the point he's almost too brave for his own good too. On song him and Addison are both utter class, hopefully Lowry gets a run of games to try and find some form. Think our backine has always looked more dangerous as a whole when we have a second playmaker coming into the line from full back.
User avatar
MightyRearranger
Warrior
Posts: 1088
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:42 am
Location: Lisburn

Re: Injury Update

Post by MightyRearranger »

DodgyEverything wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:19 pm
Bart S wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:30 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:43 pm
SUFTUM_19 wrote:think the team on Saturday will be something like:
Kitshoff, Stewart, Moore, Henderson, Treadwell, Ewers, Timoney, McNabney, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Hume, Baloucoune, Moore
Subs - Herring, Warwick, Moore, O’Connor, Sheridan, Doak, Flannery, Lowry
3 wrong in starting team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matty Rea starting .
Up for media duty this week so looking likely
At least that means that they've found him again after he went missing in action last Saturday.
flatpass
Novice
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Injury Update

Post by flatpass »

NoPayneNoGain wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:23 pm I think Moore should try lock down 15. Lowry has proven to be a defensive liability and lately hasn't been the attacking threat that he was 2 seasons ago.

He's definitely not the backup 10 we hoped he'd be either.
‘lately…’ ? He’s hardly played at all this season so maybe that explains why he hasn’t been an attacking threat!
NoPayneNoGain
Novice
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:49 pm

Re: Injury Update

Post by NoPayneNoGain »

flatpass wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:15 pm
NoPayneNoGain wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:23 pm I think Moore should try lock down 15. Lowry has proven to be a defensive liability and lately hasn't been the attacking threat that he was 2 seasons ago.

He's definitely not the backup 10 we hoped he'd be either.
‘lately…’ ? He’s hardly played at all this season so maybe that explains why he hasn’t been an attacking threat!
Last season he was poor. I don't think that's unfair to say. And I accept he was class two seasons ago, but that was two seasons ago. I'd argue that he isn't fearless to a faul rather his tackle technique is the fault. Not the effort. That's why he keeps getting injured.

Moore played a lot of full back last year and I think is more complete than Lowry and physically more reliable than Addison
User avatar
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3064
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:26 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Injury Update

Post by thecrouch »

For me, Lowry isn't a good enough 10 to play there for us, and his size is unfortunately an issue at 15. I would agree that Moore trumps him at 15.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
User avatar
MightyRearranger
Warrior
Posts: 1088
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:42 am
Location: Lisburn

Re: Injury Update

Post by MightyRearranger »

He's never been given a run of games at 10 to make that judgement. There are a few times where that has been the plan, but he was forced to 15 by Addison's numerous injuries. It's only fairly recently that Moore has started to be considered an option there too.
So It Is
Initiate
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 am

Re: Injury Update

Post by So It Is »

thecrouch wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:55 pm For me, Lowry isn't a good enough 10 to play there for us, and his size is unfortunately an issue at 15. I would agree that Moore trumps him at 15.
+1.
He's good enough to be on the pitch, but hard to nail down a specific position.

Think I've said on here before that he'd have made a great 9, but alas too technical a position to take up late.

I think there is merit in trying him on the wing, although we'd need to adapt our boring kick chase game, and accept he'd get targetted with bombs by the opposition
Aird
Squire
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Injury Update

Post by Aird »

It may seem harsh but I think Crouch is right about Lowry,I think it is more due lack of alternatives due to injuries that he find himself on the Bench to morrow.
I suppose he would go to fullback if any of the three quarters are injured and Stewart Moore would be moved to cover the injury or Flannery could cover full back and keep Lowery on the bench.
Post Reply