Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Injury Update

Post by Bobbievee »

Full stops!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bobbievee wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:58 pmFull stops!
Thon's an exclamation mark!

(He exclaimed ecphoneme).

Fool stops.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Stuart McCloskey (hamstring) and Iain Henderson (ankle) both sustained injuries in Friday's Heineken Champions Cup home victory over Northampton Saints.

Both players will now begin a period of rehabilitation under the care of the Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team. It is anticipated that both players will remain unavailable for selection for a number of weeks.

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

When can we expect an update ? :scratch:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Setanta wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm When can we expect an update ? :scratch:
A mid-week update would mean we actually have a game at the weekend and that of course will depend on testing etc.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Is anyone else fed up with Covid ? :duck:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

I'll be amazed if the game gets the go ahead. Anecdotal I know but it feels like everyone I know in Belfast at the minute has it or is a close contact of someone with it. Given the nature of training in a professional rugby team, I would expect that they will continue to return plenty of positive tests for a while.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

They’re expecting to play this weekend..
..one more thing
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Any news on Marshall? Must be well down the rehab road I'd have thought?
Last edited by jean valjean on Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He was injured on 21 Nov 2020.

I was going to say he deserves a break but I think I said that about Addison.

Stockdale has been out since the end of September hasn’t he? Long time for an ankle unless surgery was required.
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

Of this list McCloskey said on a podcast that he was aiming for Clermont but might be Scarlets before we see him, is there any indications for the rest? I know Ulster have gotten more cagey on injury durations but it seems like fully half the squad have an unknown as their likely return date.

Unavailable for selection

Brad Roberts, Tom Stewart, Marty Moore, Iain Henderson, Cormac Izuchukwu, Jordi Murphy, Matty Rea, Ian Madigan, Stewart Moore, Stuart McCloskey, Luke Marshall, Robert Baloucoune, Jacob Stockdale, Will Addison.
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Keyboard Warrior wrote:Of this list McCloskey said on a podcast that he was aiming for Clermont but might be Scarlets before we see him, is there any indications for the rest? I know Ulster have gotten more cagey on injury durations but it seems like fully half the squad have an unknown as their likely return date.

Brad Roberts, Tom Stewart, Marty Moore, Iain Henderson, Cormac Izuchukwu, Jordi Murphy, Matty Rea, Ian Madigan, Stewart Moore, Stuart McCloskey, Luke Marshall, Robert Baloucoune, Jacob Stockdale, Will Addison.
You'd fancy that unavailable team to beat what we are currently putting out ( set piece aside).
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:52 pm
Keyboard Warrior wrote:Of this list McCloskey said on a podcast that he was aiming for Clermont but might be Scarlets before we see him, is there any indications for the rest? I know Ulster have gotten more cagey on injury durations but it seems like fully half the squad have an unknown as their likely return date.

You'd fancy that unavailable team to beat what we are currently putting out ( set piece aside).
It's remarkable how much our set pieces have come on, particularly since Grant joined the coaching ticket. Both feel far more than the sum of their parts rather than the weak links of the post Muller era.
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:52 pm

You know, you actually might have a wee wager on that side to beat the 15 who turned out on Saturday!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

As we saw, any 14 could beat last Saturday's lot!
Bookies wouldn't take bets