Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Injury Update

Post by BR »

kingofthehill wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:52 pm
allezlesverres wrote:Dwayne was on the early flight out of city this am, didn't look to be moving too gingerly and no crutches or anything. Would guess his injury is not too bad, so would be hopeful toulouse will be OK.
He will play in SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But will he come back afterwards?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Good to see Luke Marshall involved in the warmup last night.
Any word on Addison anyone?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:04 pm I'd be inclined to give duane a few weeks off to recharge both the body amd mind in SA. He has played a lot of rugby with little break and I'd rather have him fit and raring to go for a busy end of the season.
+1 a rest for a week or two might be a good idea. Timoney can cover 8 brilliantly.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Anyone have an update on the latest butcher's bill ?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Setanta wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:41 am Anyone have an update on the latest butcher's bill ?
If you mean an injury update, probably not get one until the week of the Sharks game. I understand the squad are having a mini break in Portugal this week?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Neill_M wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:44 pm
Setanta wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:41 am Anyone have an update on the latest butcher's bill ?
If you mean an injury update, probably not get one until the week of the Sharks game. I understand the squad are having a mini break in Portugal this week?
Link to Interesting software being used by Liverpool FC to predict peak performance and inter alia " likelihood of injury" etc
I have no idea what UR use ( and clearly there are some of our forwards where we dont have to worry about them over exerting themselves :stir: :stir: )
but I would love to know here UR compare in either being better or worse than other URC and European clubs. My ( uninformed) impression is that we have more than our fair share of "days lost" during the season??

http://digitaleditions.telegraph.co.uk/ ... rticle/NaN
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Data is used during games to monitor g forces and fatigue as its easy to see who is slowing down relative to their normal speed and activity levels, no Jokes about big G please.
I remember the Tommy bowe doc having a piece about blood tests taken a day or so after games which were able to estimate how much 'repair' the body was going under. This would obviously feed into the risk of over training or injuries.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:37 pm
Neill_M wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:44 pm
but I would love to know here UR compare in either being better or worse than other URC and European clubs. My ( uninformed) impression is that we have more than our fair share of "days lost" during the season?
Have no idea where or when I read it, but a while back I did read a piece about injury comparisons between clubs including details of types of injuries, frequency, severity etc and the conclusion was that there wasn't any significant difference in any of these between any of the top clubs included in the analysis.

And yes, Ulster were included in that.

Bottom line is that injuries are part and parcel of most sports, but in sports with as much physical contact and the magnitude of the forces concerned, rugby fares particularly badly. No surprises there then.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Indeed.

I reckon any survey of fans would show plenty complaining that their team suffered more than their fair share of injuries, going on to blame the coaching, their balsa-boned players, S and C, Brexit or whatever.

We often see the list of players unavailable to the opposition when the teams are announced and we’ve certainly not come off too badly this season.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Somewhere I saw the statement that clubs should assume that they will have 25% of their players injured in any season.

Lots of information (pretty much all bad) here: https://blogs.bmj.com/bjsm/2020/12/05/t ... on-review/
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Any news on Mikey’s coupon?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

solidarity wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:20 pm Somewhere I saw the statement that clubs should assume that they will have 25% of their players injured in any season.

Lots of information (pretty much all bad) here: https://blogs.bmj.com/bjsm/2020/12/05/t ... on-review/
Cracking article
Thank you
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

StandUp wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:35 pm Any news on Mikey’s coupon?
Not good news I'm afraid. Unfortunately he had Man City to draw 2-2 with Aston Villa.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Bart S wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 am
StandUp wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:35 pm Any news on Mikey’s coupon?
Not good news I'm afraid. Unfortunately he had Man City to draw 2-2 with Aston Villa.
:roll: The cheek of it.
I thought he had more sense than to follow wendyball.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd8tFA8MucC ... MyMTA2M2Y=

I assume this means another lengthy lay off for Jack McGrath. Not looking great across both sides of the scrum in terms of squad depth for the coming season.