Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Injury Update

Post by Snipe Watson »

Hard to beat hoping for the best for the lad!
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:50 pm Hard to beat hoping for the best for the lad!
Unfortunately an ACL (as per his Instagram) and may be out for 8 months.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Awful for the lad. He's a real talent. Hopefully see him back fully fit in the new year. He will get another chance as a 2nd row injury crisis is always just around the corner.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Grey Wolf
Novice

Post by Grey Wolf »

Gutted, was making great strides. Still far too light in the back 5 to be a genuine threat to the establishment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Agree. A shame for the lad.

Also agree about the back 5 and more specifically the back row. Even if Leone hits his straps we are still minimum 1 high quality backrower from being competitive. A starting backrow of Leone, Jordi and AN Other high quality operator with Reidy or Timoney on the bench would be fine. Jordi is good enough even at the top level but as the 3rd man behind 2 class operators, not as the leading light. Reidy is excellent off the bench at top level but not there as a starter.

McCann will take a couple of seasons at least.

If Hendy and Carter are fit the lock situation looks a lot better.

Even in the best case scenario though we are only 1 injury away from struggling at the top level in this back 5 area.
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

Limping off means nowt. Tore ACL and Medials back in the dayand it was 6 months til it was diagnosed via camera/scope after it started locking occasingly.....Lot of Swelling etc Apparently strong quads can compensate and blind/pass all physio side load tests etc ...
Modern diagnosis is a wonderful thing :D
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

armalig wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:30 am Limping off means nowt. Tore ACL and Medials back in the dayand it was 6 months til it was diagnosed via camera/scope after it started locking occasingly.....Lot of Swelling etc Apparently strong quads can compensate and blind/pass all physio side load tests etc ...
Modern diagnosis is a wonderful thing :D
The good old MRI scan! Invented late 70s only really came into use widely early 90s?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

Like the good old modern "key hole" repair and up on your feet again inisde days ...whereas back in day 8" cut and knee cap off and graft in a hamstring sliver and not allowed to weight bear for maybe 6-8 weeks (with thousands of straigh leg raises over a folded towel !! else all muscles waste away ) .... how the trends change
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Jack McGrath taking a flight this morning for what I guess is surgery. He's mentioned a hip resurface unless that's a joke so I possibly look like a dick.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He’s had a hip issue so very plausible.

Make or break for him if so. SOB is one of a limited number of pro athletes who have come through it. His rehab was ten months.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Good luck to him. It's a good opportunity to see more of Callum Reid.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Injury update-
Cormac Izuchukwu suffered a torn ACL in his left knee in the recent Challenge Cup game against Harlequins. He will have surgery to repair this next week.

Angus Curtis is back in full team training, and available for selection, following the knee injury he sustained in a Guinness PRO14 game against Leinster in December 2019.

Ahead of Friday’s fixture against Connacht, Iain Henderson’s fitness to play will be monitored during training this week.
As rumoured Izzy has an ACL injury, good to hear Curtis is back - he's pretty electric. Still no definite on Hendie which is a concern.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Subterfuge hopefully. I would want to see him back for Leicester.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Good to see the reports that curtis and Addison are on the cusp of being back. If they can be managed through to the end of this season then a nice long pre season should see them ready to go again come August.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Jack McGrath only person mentioned in injury update.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18