Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: Injury Update

Post by thecrouch »

It's harsh.

But honestly, if you were the opposition coach and you saw their fullback was like 5 foot 5 you'd be putting balls down on top of him all day, and the laws of physics suggest that a 6foot player is going to beat a 5 foot 5 player more often than not.

Similarly, a 100kg+ player is going to beat a 70-80kg player more often than not.

I will never doubt Lowry's bravery or dedication, he puts his body where it's going to hurt and always gives it everything, but the laws of physics are against him.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Tuna
Novice

Post by Tuna »

On Lowry. Has to learn to catch it, particularly when under no pressure. Was it against Munster he spilt one when plenty of time to make a clean catch? At least from my view on the sidelines it looked like plenty of time! But Jacob and Rob aren't exactly reliable either. The much maligned McIlroy better in that department.
Geoffthebear44
Novice

Post by Geoffthebear44 »

Same height at Cheslin Kolbe, would you have him on your team?
Tuna
Novice

Post by Tuna »

so they bring the same height, but i reckon Kolbe more likely to catch it. That's the point
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Kolbe packs a lot more power into his frame also.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Geoffthebear44 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:19 pm Same height at Cheslin Kolbe, would you have him on your team?
If Lowry played wing, or even if he played 9, his lack of height would be less of an issue. But at 15 it's a big limitation for him.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I thought when Lowry was on the wing he was quite effective and an interesting prospect going forward, and could really suit him. Low centre of gravity, fast feet, decent burst of pace over a short distance, and reasonable hands for a wide man, and ok kicking game.
I have reservations re his hands/kicking for a playmaker.
The French certainly produce small tricky wingers.

Defensively he’d have the bi line. Fergus McFadden was a decent wide man, he was actually a 10/utility playmaker initially when initially on the scene.

There are massive qs over Addison, unless he can reach previous levels, I’d not recontract him, and use Moore as a long term 15.
Moore has lovely hands, and vision, decent pace/break, ok defensively, ok kicking game….you can’t drop someone into 15 occasionally, he deserves a full on run of games, he’ll only get better.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s BKT United Rugby Championship Round 8 fixture against Connacht Rugby at Kingspan Stadium.

Rob Herring injured his ankle during the second half of Saturday's Investec Champions Cup match against Racing 92 and is unavailable for selection this week.

Billy Burns’ availability will be assessed during the week, after an arm injury in the same match.

Luke Marshall, who injured his ankle in training last week, is unavailable for selection.

Sean Reffell has resumed full team training and is now available for selection following the ankle injury he sustained last January.

Ethan McIlroy has also returned to team training this week.

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:09 pm The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s BKT United Rugby Championship Round 8 fixture against Connacht Rugby at Kingspan Stadium.

Rob Herring injured his ankle during the second half of Saturday's Investec Champions Cup match against Racing 92 and is unavailable for selection this week.

Billy Burns’ availability will be assessed during the week, after an arm injury in the same match.

Luke Marshall, who injured his ankle in training last week, is unavailable for selection.

Sean Reffell has resumed full team training and is now available for selection following the ankle injury he sustained last January.

No word on Addison, McCann and Moore?
Exterminate all rational thought
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

They only seem to mention new injuries or players returning from injury.

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

thecrouch wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:55 pm For me, Lowry isn't a good enough 10 to play there for us, and his size is unfortunately an issue at 15. I would agree that Moore trumps him at 15.
You're just being size-ist.

Are you Peter Crouch in disguise?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:35 pm
Neill_M wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:09 pm The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s BKT United Rugby Championship Round 8 fixture against Connacht Rugby at Kingspan Stadium.

Think Addison was back last week but just not picked. Moore was ruled out due to sickness so would imagine he’s ok now. McCann will be a few more weeks apparently
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:39 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:35 pm

Think Addison was back last week but just not picked. Moore was ruled out due to sickness so would imagine he’s ok now. McCann will be a few more weeks apparently
Saw Addison chatting to fans behind the grandstand on Sat.
Exterminate all rational thought
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:33 pm
thecrouch wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:55 pm For me, Lowry isn't a good enough 10 to play there for us, and his size is unfortunately an issue at 15. I would agree that Moore trumps him at 15.
You're just being size-ist.

Are you Peter Crouch in disguise?
Size matters.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Any info on how long Hume’s foot injury will sideline him for?