A Letter to the URSC Committee.

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

dead ball
Steward

A Letter to the URSC Committee.

Post by dead ball »

The URSC Committee
C/O B## #####
Chairman

16th January 2006

Dear Sirs/Madam,

I would like to thank you for your response before Christmas of some questions I raised for your attention.

I appreciate that you have stated that “While some contributors to the programme may have been members of the URSC no contributors identified themselves as members of the URSC nor did they claim to speak on behalf of the URSC. Membership of the URSC does not, nor should it, curtail freedom of speech.

It was further stated “An individual who spoke on the Nolan Radio show as a supporter of Ulster Rugby, on finding that the information was incorrect, has apologised to Ulster Rugby and to the Committee of the Ulster Rugby Supporters Club. The Committee has given careful consideration to the matter and proposes to take no further action”.

One question I would therefore like to ask you as a committee was there an inquiry held into the affair involving Stanley G##### and the comments made on the Nolan Shows?

I notice that one of your committee members (at least at that time) Gary ######## has stated that an inquiry had been carried out and that no wrong doing had been committed. I quote “The e-mails will be answered when we have completed an investigation into the matter.”
(see: phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1041&postdays=0& ... c&start=60 )

Therefore what level of inquiry was held? Who was on the panel? Where all parties interviewed and what procedure was it that was followed?

I also note that no Public statement has been made on the subject. Could you please clarify why that is? Again your club secretary at the time Gary ######## stated the following When asked “Can I be so bold as to ask when is a announcement going to be made re Reid and the tapes and the URSC spokesman?”. Gary ######## responded “presumably after our next Committee meeting. We only meet once a month!”
(see: phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13436&highlight=#13436 ).

I take it from his comments he expected that you as a committee would be making an eminent statement.

You state (see above) that an apology has been made by Stanley G##### to Ulster Rugby and to you the committee. Do you not think that it would have also been reasonable for Mr. G##### to have made an apology to the membership of the URSC? I raise this because many of them like me have been upset by the incident, his comments were after all made in public and if he needed to apologise to the committee and to Ulster Rugby surely it would be just and proper for him to address his apology to all those affected.

It has come to my attention that there has been no publication of the minutes of any committee meetings for quite a few months. In fact the last set was published on the 29th August 2005. While I notice no legal rule was established that the committee is duty bound to publish the same I am aware that the club (and committee) undertook to have these made available. The following was stated “The URSC committee meets once a month (usually on the last Monday) and a summary of the most recent meeting is available at the bottom of this page”. (see: http://www.ulsterrugby.com/2612_2621.php)

Therefore since none of these have been made available from the above date as a full member I am requesting a copy of these. I would also request that they be made available for a period of time on the Ulster Rugby website in line with what you have stated above.

I have also noted that sadly the event for the URSC membership that was to be held after the home game against Leinster was cancelled. Could you please clarify why this was cancelled?
Also could you inform who from the committee was assigned responsibility for this event, I make this request in line with Sec 3 (c) of the MOU.
(see: http://www.ulsterrugby.com/MOUWordpdf.pdf )

I would also request the same in relation to Ulster V Biarittz game. Can I also have clarification as to the reason why no clarification was made public for this event until less than 24 hours before the event?

Also why some members got personal invites from the chairman of the club while others were left out?

I was interested to read at section 5 (a) of the MOU that the URSC has undertaken to “guarantee that a bus will go to each match in Ireland by underwriting the cost if necessary”.

I understand that Gary ######## had advertised it (URSC on Tour) “The URSC is hoping to organise a trip to the match in Cork. The estimated cost is £79 per person including accommodation in Jury's Inn. There will be a discount for URSC members. Price of match tickets is still to be advised. Anybody interested in heading down should e-mail us at ursc_on_tour@hotmail.co.uk to register their details”.
(see: phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8379&highlight=#8379 )

Therefore why did a bus not go to the Munster game? On the website it just said that it was cancelled but surely the membership deserve a better response than that as many were left that they could not travel to the game and where bitterly disappointed. Perhaps an apology to those members would not be out of place

Lastly could please clarify who has resigned from the committee since August 2005 ? Who is now on the committee? And who is carrying out which role?

May I take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your consideration of the above points.

Yours Sincerely,

#### ######
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

why oh why would anybody be bothered ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Tighty
Somebody once said 'Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way'. :roll:
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

So DB, can I take it that you have also sent this directly tot he URSC committee?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

never assume its a raisin
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Of course. :wink:

Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Dead Ball - got to give you that one - an excellent put down !! Your best one yet or maybe even your only one !!
Last edited by Tighthead Prod on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

do share your reply with us all - if you ever get one :shock: :?
Paul.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:do share your reply with us all - if you ever get one :shock: :?
Don't hold your breath Paul, we wouldn't want to loose you :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:do share your reply with us all - if you ever get one :shock: :?
Don't hold your breath Paul, we wouldn't want to loose you :shock:
aw shucks, I'm touched (but not in a sexual way :shock: :? )
Paul.

bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Deadball

I'm not too sure what the total Membership of the URSC is but I would consider it an unsound assumption that all are avid readers of either this message Board or the UR Board.

Thus to comply in a non discriminatory manner would cost a lot in postage
and require a lot of administrative input from what is a voluntary Commitee.

Use your brains man grow up and stop behaving like a spoilt schoolboy or baby working yourself up into a lather of self righteous indignation

Accept you weren't asked because- why? Given what you have to say would anyone want to invite you ?
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
B.Y.O
Novice

Post by B.Y.O »

I LIKE IT!!!!!
" self righteous indignation", DEADBALL'S BEHAVIOUR TO A TEE!!!
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

BYO
I'm just pleased you were able to spell 'indignation'. Well done.

Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Personally, for myself, and these are my own views and are not meant to represent anyone else's views or any organisation's opinions, I wouldn't have expected anything else from BYO.

He's an "eminent" speller! (sometimes)

PS
Hope I'm not to late to wish you "a safe journey" as you travel to sunnier "climbs". Don't forget your rope.
B.Y.O
Novice

Post by B.Y.O »

Thank you sir, speaking personally as a person, I personally endeavor to keep my spelling to a personally acceptable level!

Can I please have a gold star and a Big Tick?

See you on Friday.