Clermont +1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Clermont +1

Post by pip14 »

Just back from France tonight and what a game that was yesterday (even though we lost)
Clermont fans are fantastic and the atmosphere in the stadium was incredible! (We all live in a yellow submarine is still stuck in my head) :drunken:

Spoke to David Humphreys and Paul Marshall after the game and they were annoyed we hadn't won. Brian also apologised for not getting the result that the fans wanted. But aw well the boys done us proud.
Here's a video I took from the match yesterday :cheers: :drunken:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyxhKkAW ... ature=plcp
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Clermont +1

Post by stickinout »

pip14 wrote:Just back from France tonight and what a game that was yesterday (even though we lost)
Clermont fans are fantastic and the atmosphere in the stadium was incredible! (We all live in a yellow submarine is still stuck in my head) :drunken:

Spoke to David Humphreys and Paul Marshall after the game and they were annoyed we hadn't won. Brian also apologised for not getting the result that the fans wanted. But aw well the boys done us proud.
Here's a video I took from the match yesterday :cheers: :drunken:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyxhKkAW ... ature=plcp
Good man Pip :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: Did you get the feeling the atmosphere was changing at around 60 mins. One of the Sky commentators said something about it turning a bit hostile. They scored not long after that so maybe it all changed.

There's no doubt about it, the chance was there big time. Nonetheless, i think we're all very proud of what the ulstermen have done over the past few weeks and they have gone some way to restore our reputation as a formidable opponent. :red:

Really wish i had been there, definitely going to organise one away jolly with UR next year. Would prefer that than go to an Ireland match i think. Never thought i'd hear myself say that......
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I think the change in atmosphere was even obvious on the telly. The fans were getting unsettled, they didnt expect such a challenge from Ulster. They were getting worried and scared and the booing started. Got cheery again after the try tho.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

The atmosphere very much changed from Clermont fans singing "yellow submarine" to a loud rendition of ulster supporters singing "you're not singing anymore" :cheers: I was amazed to hear that other Ulster fans had been talking to Clermont supporters after the game who accused us of being cheats.. :roll: but it was only a small minority.
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The Ulster fans experience of Clermont echoes what we in Leinster found last year.
There is simply nowhere in the rugby world to equal the cacophony of noise that the Montferrandais generate. Everybody finds on their seat this paper thingie to make noise with. It seems to do the trick.
Some of my fellow fans in Dublin are wishing Clermont beat Sarries so we can play them again.... as they are the most dangerous team left in the competition I don't think I would go that far. Anyway let's beat the Taffies first.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Dublin4 wrote:The Ulster fans experience of Clermont echoes what we in Leinster found last year.
There is simply nowhere in the rugby world to equal the cacophony of noise that the Montferrandais generate. Everybody finds on their seat this paper thingie to make noise with. It seems to do the trick.
Some of my fellow fans in Dublin are wishing Clermont beat Sarries so we can play them again.... as they are the most dangerous team left in the competition I don't think I would go that far. Anyway let's beat the Taffies first.
Very wise words indeed D4, you're in a cup knock out competition after all. Would it be fair to say some Leinster fans think they're in the final already? I would really like to see an Irish final but the chances of that happening are prob average enough, i wonder what the bookies are giving? around 2 to 1 would be my guess or less.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

[/quote]

Very wise words indeed D4, you're in a cup knock out competition after all. Would it be fair to say some Leinster fans think they're in the final already? I would really like to see an Irish final but the chances of that happening are prob average enough, i wonder what the bookies are giving? around 2 to 1 would be my guess or less.[/quote]

11/4 with Paddy Power. Get on it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall