What sort of Ulsterman Applauds injury to an Ulster player?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

What sort of Ulsterman Applauds injury to an Ulster player?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Now people, I don't often look at other provinces forums, I expect to see nothing but dross and so far I have been 100% right. As regular readers will know I am a Munster fan as 2nd place to Ulster, but I wouldn't think of reading the tripe their nerds waffle, did so many years ago but got thoroughly fed up with it.

So today in a quiet moment I made my first ever visit to the home of the least popular fans in the country - Leinsterfans. You can almost imagine my horror at seeing many regular names from this forum appearing on several threads but obviously a great deal on the Ulster thread. They even had a Rooster on there but the style was unlike our own big bird and I assume it is an imposter seeking reflected glory.

Some of the names were a little different from those used on here but the practiced eye can spot the posting styles from 500 metres. One such poster posted something I find absolutely disgraceful & I have copied it below:
Re: My team for 2012 6N. With an eye to the future

Postby Big-alster » January 16th, 2012, 7:34 pm

rooster wrote:

Golf Man wrote:13 should be Cave to my mind - Ulster obviously in really ggood form and anyone else is being shoehorned in there. Fitz could arguably e picked ahead of Earls at 22, and if McFadden isn't strating then he comes into teh equation there as well

Cave got injured last weekend and waiting for results of scan so may or may not be fit, poor lad missed the RWC squad through injury last year as well so hope he makes it through this time

Nevin Spence 4 Ireland :clap: :D
Not a huge leap for any blessed with a rudimentary gift for detection to make the massive assumption that it could be our own, Big-al & judging by the other posts to his name Big-alster did indeed remind me of a familiar, almost unmistakable style.

So thats the background,now a couple of questions:

1) there is an expression of sympathy for Darren Cave, one of our best players, certainly amongst native Ulstermen and you feel it appropriate to post Nevin Spence 4 Ireland followed by a clap & a large smile? I find that absolutely disgusting.

2) Are you Big-alster? - tell the truth Al, we can all guess

3) What sort of a man applauds an injury to an Ulster player?

Big-al we have had the odd clash over the past year or two, not many of which you come out with the slightest credit but then again its hardly a fair contest, a bit like shooting fish in a barrel really, but I thought that despite all you were better than that. Much better for that is lower than a snake's arsehole.

If I were you I would be mortified, disgraceful.

Fermian, if this blows my parole so be it, I am not about to see this sort of thing go on without comment, applauding the injury of an Ulster player? WTF were you thinking Al?

My pish is boiled & I would expect all right thinking UAFC posters to be similarly disgusted by this. Shame on you Big-al. :banghead:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
namron
Warrior Chief

Re: What sort of Ulsterman Applauds injury to an Ulster play

Post by namron »

+1
never injured himself ># Ashton
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

I don't care who posted that, it's a total disgrace. If it is possible to find out who the writer is, he should be banned from this board for life ( don' t think a woman would write that). Personal abuse is one thing but this is outrageous and intolerable.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Ulster Fortress
Novice

Post by Ulster Fortress »

What is going on .Have I found a parallel universe. I read some strange posts on her but this has to be one for the bin.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I wasn't applauding an injury, I was promoting Nevin Spence for Ireland.

You people are mad, if you can't clearly see thst then you need to go to specsavers!!!!

I want apologies from every poster in this thread. :banghead:
bigchiefally
Initiate

Post by bigchiefally »

I must be missing something here, this seems a massive overreaction.

The poster:
- expresses sympathy for Cave in his injury situation.
- Says he hopes he makes it through, presumably meaning through to the Ireland team.
- Then he enthusiastically, and possibly knowing it is never going to happen, suggests Nevin Spence for the 13 spot.

And, er, thats it.

Calm down people. I think reading this as someone saying, "isnt it great Cave is injured, now Spence can play for Ireland" is a very long shot.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Big Fight .... Big Fight!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

It's been a long weekend, so maybe I've missed something, but I don't read this as applauding an injury, I read it as applauding the idea of another Ulster player promoted to the Ireland team.

When a player goes off injured, we applaud him for his efforts, do we then not cheer on his replacement?

Picking holes in peoples posts is a strange hobby, but when it gets to reading stuff that it isn't there - and on a completely seperate board in the first place, have things gone too far?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Another thing, it was on a thread discussing the Irish team for the 6 nations FFS.

BTW The 1st 4 posters are reported and will be blocked.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Baggy talking rubbish it seems!
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

damianmcr wrote:Baggy talking rubbish it seems!
Aye, and his 3 disciples
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

You do write some strange posts Al, but I don't think the one quoted above is one of them.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

I must say It would be difficult for anyone to read any sort of happiness at an Ulster player's injury into Big Al(ster's) post there...unless of course you really wanted to. Hmmm strange or maybe not when we consider the complainant. I suppose it takes a special kind of dedication to :stir: to lurk on the Mexican's board for ammunition against another poster.Still we know that people up here will go a long way out of their way to be offended but seriously Leinsterfans
:roll:
Post Tenebras Lux
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Baggy

Late night posts mixed with the breakfast of champions?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

Big-al wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Baggy talking rubbish it seems!
Aye, and his 3 disciples
Just to add to all the mis-interpreting of posts, I took it that Ulster Fortress was defending you..