Cricket season

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Cricket season

Post by Bart S »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58871587

Well done Amy Hunter. Hopefully more to come for her.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Great stuff - what a nice record to hold and it will take some beating.

>appl
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

How good is Jo's Butler these days?!!

Watched his last couple of innings. He is seeing it like a football as they say.

Prefer tests but quite enjoying some of these games
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

And Morgan's captaincy has been top notch
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

That was a cracking game today.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

That was possibly the best knock I’ve seen by Buttler, although being present for his 150 off 77 in Grenada was fun.

Dunno what the situation is regarding Wood’s latest injury - the Ashes are obviously not far away.

England have obviously got every chance, especially as Stokes won’t be bowling the last over!
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:58 am That was possibly the best knock I’ve seen by Buttler, although being present for his 150 off 77 in Grenada was fun.

Dunno what the situation is regarding Wood’s latest injury - the Ashes are obviously not far away.

England have obviously got every chance, especially as Stokes won’t be bowling the last over!
If I was a betting man I'd put a few ££ on Pakistan,,, It's practically a home competition for them given they've been playing their home matches in the UAE over the past few years due to the security situation in Pakistan. They've also a very well balanced bowling attack.
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Yep. If I was a betting man, I'd have a few quid on Pakistan. They're looking very good.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Beating India by ten wickets is obviously fairly eye catching.

Equally, any one of England’s top seven can, and do, win games on their own.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Would be worth England losing to South Africa if it would eliminate the Aussies and hear them whinge about it. :D

I reckon England will end up playing New Zealand in the semis. If England have to bat first it could be very tough.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

So ... Vaughnie's a racist now?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Was this more banter about the holocaust?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:47 pm So ... Vaughnie's a racist now?
Probably just being a smart ass, if the incident was as alleged.
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Tighthead Prod wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:03 pm
justinr73 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:58 am That was possibly the best knock I’ve seen by Buttler, although being present for his 150 off 77 in Grenada was fun.

If I was a betting man I'd put a few ££ on Pakistan,,, It's practically a home competition for them given they've been playing their home matches in the UAE over the past few years due to the security situation in Pakistan. They've also a very well balanced bowling attack.
Good job I'm not a betting man... thought Pakistan home and hosed after taking the early wickets but fair play to the Aussies. Notwithstanding, I hope the Kiwis beat their biggest rivals.
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

From a neutral’s point of view they were decent semis, although I am loathe to say good since the teams I wanted to win them lost on both occasions.

With about 5 overs to go in each one most people would have backed the teams which ended up losing. Huge pressure on the bowlers if the 1st couple of balls near the end go to the boundary and even someone as good as Afridi for Pakistan and Jordan, the way he has been bowling for England, could not cope.

Apparently the favourites have never won a T20 World Cup which shows that a couple of freakish overs can decide a game sometimes.

Right now I would take a 25 point tanking by the AB’s on Saturday in return for their cricket team doing the Aussies on Sunday. (Might also calm the excessive hype created post that win against japan last week).