Munster Leinster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

namron
Warrior Chief

Munster Leinster

Post by namron »

Munster Leinster games are always ultra competitive edgy and sapping. The legacy of this game could be another advantage for us in the quarter final.
We will certainly see what is in store for us the following week anyway. Good luck to the :mexican:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Re: Munster Leinster

Post by pythagoras »

namron wrote:Munster Leinster games are always ultra competitive edgy and sapping. The legacy of this game could be another advantage for us in the quarter final.
We will certainly see what is in store for us the following week anyway. Good luck to the :mexican:
Clutching at straws Boy! :lol:
There's a reason why Munster and Leinster play each other the week before the Heineken cup games get started. :wink:
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

What is the reason? If I was coach and could choose Aironi or Leinster before The most important game of the year I would not be selecting the boys in blue as suitable teeth sharpening carrion :wink: :wink:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Could work either way. On the one hand, they'll be battle-hardened. On the other, it's an incredibly physical game with a high chance of picking up injuries. Personally, I'd rather be playing Aironi.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

With a defeat to Airona, a narrow win against the Westies and possibly a loss against the :mexican: next week, the >TM momentum going into the HC QF won't be great and the team could be low on confidence and tired out after Leinster.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

namron wrote:What is the reason? If I was coach and could choose Aironi or Leinster before The most important game of the year I would not be selecting the boys in blue as suitable teeth sharpening carrion
Why not? Always worked in the past!
againstthehead wrote:Could work either way. On the one hand, they'll be battle-hardened. On the other, it's an incredibly physical game with a high chance of picking up injuries. Personally, I'd rather be playing Aironi.
Is there a greater chance of picking up an injury? I dunno about that.
Anyway, wishing y'all a smooth gentle ride at home to Aironi, should set ye up nicely!
pg106 wrote:With a defeat to Airona, a narrow win against the Westies and possibly a loss against the :mexican: next week, the >TM momentum going into the HC QF won't be great and the team could be low on confidence and tired out after Leinster.
Ulster will be a redemption game. It won't be another glorious chapter in our history (that will be in twickenham) but a necessary precursor to one. Mumha abú!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

pg106 wrote:With a defeat to Airona, a narrow win against the Westies and possibly a loss against the :mexican: next week, the >TM momentum going into the HC QF won't be great and the team could be low on confidence and tired out after Leinster.
Not so sure PG. Munster will raise their intensity at TP. Add provincial bragging rights against their biggest historical enemy, and recent form not that important imo. We weren't too hot going into the Xmas and post HEC/ Rabo games, yet did it when necessary. Munster will be no different if not better at it...time and time again...

Even in fallow recent years, Ulster have often performed well above themselves at Ravers in the HEC, the bigger the scalp the better. Cut and paste Munster at Tornip field.

Agree with AGTH that it's 50:50- easy opposition, relatively fresh and injury free versus battle hardened, and sharp against meaningful opposition.
+ves and -ves:

1. Risk of injury against Leinster and Connacht
2. Long season for WC and 6N internationals
3. 3-4 intense games in a row so close to the 6N and HEC.
4. POC, C.Murray, etc. will either be rusty or fresh. Expect them to start, especially POC- even in a wheelchair. Forget the fog and crap talked on Munsterfans etc. They will be there, and their presence, especially if not "expected" will lift team and Turnip fans, not that they need it.
5. Potential for Ulster to be undercooked- stop/ start timetabling against mediocre opposition, with Muller, P3, etc. rusty and short of game time.

Ultimately, it'll come down to biggest cojones on the day, most pride in the red or white, and form book goes out the window imo. :red:
Exterminate all rational thought
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Munster will go all out to beat Leinster, same way we'll go all out to crush Aironi. Thomond always seems to be a fortress of sorts too, Leinster will struggle. Would like to see Leinster win though, sucks the energy from Munster, shows us that Thomond isn't impossible to win at and drags Munster back into the top 4 fight.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pythagoras wrote:
namron wrote:Munster Leinster games are always ultra competitive edgy and sapping. The legacy of this game could be another advantage for us in the quarter final.
Clutching at straws Boy! :lol:
There's a reason why Munster and Leinster play each other the week before the Heineken cup games get started. :wink:
Yes Pi-arsequared - its called favourable treatment from the IRFU & Pro12 over scheduling. Funny they NEVER play each other over Christmas when a full house is guaranteed anyway so they get the benefit of the full house at other less certain and more favourable times of the season, like the build up to an HC Q-F when interest is high.

Crap just had a thought, maybe I'm a paranoid West-Brit. :shock: :wink:

Anyway, lets just snatter Aironi & go to Thomond with confidence.

As for the >TH v :mexican: encounter, Munster for me through natural aversion to Mexicans from the Pale though I expect a Mexican win for some reason.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Thought BOD looked very useful against the hairsprays. I'd fancy Leinster for this one as well.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Leinster looking very thin on the prop front! (Thin props - what next?)
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Mike Ross is in the squad I believe. Lose him and they're in trouble...
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

I would be more hopeful of a result against Munster than Leinster at the minute. Strenght and depth of the squad has led to Leinster to walk away with the league and I think most people would se them as the team to beat in the HEC.

I heard that Richhard Strauss becomes IQ in the near future - is that correct?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I'm going for a Leinster win by 4. Will obviously be a close contest but Leinster will throw on Madigan and Fitzgerald near the end to keep their backline going and will win.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Think I'll go for Munster, will get the basics right.