ASK THE EXPERT

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: ASK THE EXPERT

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 pm
Dave wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:19 pm Wild as in bad? Arms and legs all over the place and an unholy splashy mess?
Sounds like butterfly to me.
I don't see the point of having swimming events using different strokes.

You don't have track events with different running styles although come to think of it a funny walk rekay would be essential viewing.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:19 pm Wild as in bad? Arms and legs all over the place and an unholy splashy mess?
Wild as in mad, because the Helen's Bay Concerned Residents Group have reported them to the PSNI again
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Wild as in mad, because the Helen's Bay Concerned Residents Group have reported them to the PSNI again
Hahahahaha!!

What was the alleged crime?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:09 pm
justinr73 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 pm
Sounds like butterfly to me.
I don't see the point of having swimming events using different strokes.

You don't have track events with different running styles although come to think of it a funny walk rekay would be essential viewing.
I think they tried hurdles first but it didn’t really work.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The gents in the Lyric has a big bowl full of "free sanitary products" - tampons, jam rags and the like. Is this to facilitate weemin who identify as men? 🤔
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

No connection with Merv's question! :shock:

Anyone know why there's no Northern Ireland Ruby Sevens team, either men or women.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:08 pm No connection with Merv's question! :shock:

Anyone know why there's no Northern Ireland Ruby Sevens team, either men or women.
Open to correction and it dies seem to be somewhat if a grey area but my understanding is that team sports that are organised on an all Ireland basis do not compete in the Commonwealth games. Neither rugby or hockey are affiliated to Commonwealth Games NI. The rules are different for individual athletes although the gymnasts had a few problems.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

My understanding is that there is no reason why a NI team could not be entered into the CGs. The IRFU choose not to. Probably something to do with them hating nordies.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Boxing is organised on an all island basis and we've got a team. Even more interesting is that Barry McGuigan, from Clones, represented NI at the Commonwealth Games in the late seventies. Maybe represents the longing of the people of the occupied three counties to return to their rightful homeland.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:29 pm Boxing is organised on an all island basis and we've got a team. Even more interesting is that Barry McGuigan, from Clones, represented NI at the Commonwealth Games in the late seventies. Maybe represents the longing of the people of the occupied three counties to return to their rightful homeland.
Boxinģ is a team of individuals not a team sport.

For NI to field a team in rugby or hockey would need dedicated preparation and training as Team NI.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:03 pm The gents in the Lyric has a big bowl full of "free sanitary products" - tampons, jam rags and the like. Is this to facilitate weemin who identify as men? 🤔
I noticed that last night.

Is there a copy of Top Gear magazine in the ladies in case I decide to nip in there for a dump the next time I’m at the theatre?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:10 pm
solidarity wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:29 pm Boxing is organised on an all island basis and we've got a team. Even more interesting is that Barry McGuigan, from Clones, represented NI at the Commonwealth Games in the late seventies. Maybe represents the longing of the people of the occupied three counties to return to their rightful homeland.

For NI to field a team in rugby or hockey would need dedicated preparation and training as Team NI.
Fair point, Merv.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

solidarity wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:32 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:10 pm

Fair point, Merv. Hadn't thought of it that way.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:53 pm No matter how stupid it makes you feel or how trivial you believe it to be, just ask the expert and I will get you a full and frank reply.

Easier than Google
More reliable than Wikipedia

Have a go if you think yer up for some education. Whether the wonders of the golf swing, rugby, the wonders of the universe, whatever you like. If you seek the opinion of one more qualified to give it than you you've found the right place.

Who knows, others may even have enough wit to provide answers.

Like the Fosters ads only more righteous.
Anyone know if there's an expert still available to ask questions of?

Don't have any particular question to ask right now, but it would be good to know - just in case.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:14 pm
BaggyTrousers wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:53 pm No matter how stupid it makes you feel or how trivial you believe it to be, just ask the expert and I will get you a full and frank reply.

Easier than Google
More reliable than Wikipedia

Have a go if you think yer up for some education. Whether the wonders of the golf swing, rugby, the wonders of the universe, whatever you like. If you seek the opinion of one more qualified to give it than you you've found the right place.

Who knows, others may even have enough wit to provide answers.

Like the Fosters ads only more righteous.
Anyone know if there's an expert still available to ask questions of?

Don't have any particular question to ask right now, but it would be good to know - just in case.
There's a few self=styled wans floating about.
Big Neville Southall