The wish-list thread

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

oneshot7
Novice

Re: The wish-list thread

Post by oneshot7 »

Just noticing that Liam Messam didn't make the NZ squad for the summer despite the fact he is in form and they need someone to replace Jerome Kaino; SBW even took to twitter to complain about it, which may not be the best move on his part.
He's only just turned 28 and can play all around the back row.. IMO would be a very good replacement for P3. :thumright:

Chances??
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

oneshot7 wrote: Chances??
Slim.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

oneshot7 wrote:Just noticing that Liam Messam didn't make the NZ squad for the summer despite the fact he is in form and they need someone to replace Jerome Kaino; SBW even took to twitter to complain about it, which may not be the best move on his part.
He's only just turned 28 and can play all around the back row.. IMO would be a very good replacement for P3. :thumright:

Chances??

No idea of chances but I have thought in the past that Messam is one of those "not quite there" players in the NZ hierarchy who would do a magnificent job for Ulster. Not unlike Pedrie in the respect that we knew him, knew he wasn't 1st pick for the Boks but a very good player & boy has he ever been great for us?

Could definitely do worse.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Never mind his ability...is 28 too old or maybe too young! :lol:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
utilityback
Novice

Post by utilityback »

Im going a bit left field here but what about Victor Gresev he has been released by Wasps didn't play much there dues to their injury crisis and the number or foreign players allowed in the matchday squad. Though he was in many pundits pick for the best forwards at the world cup plays 6/8 very quick and powerful and gives 100% every time I have seen him play also I can't imagine him costing too much either.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

utilityback wrote:Im going a bit left field here but what about Victor Gresev he has been released by Wasps didn't play much there dues to their injury crisis and the number or foreign players allowed in the matchday squad. Though he was in many pundits pick for the best forwards at the world cup plays 6/8 very quick and powerful and gives 100% every time I have seen him play also I can't imagine him costing too much either.
never heard of the guy, but I'd rather have him than Nick Williams :D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

I wish the Nick Williams thing was a joke
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Well it seems Nick Williams has had the last laugh don't you think?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

This season has been excellent in terms of young players opportunity to come to the fore.
In particular Olding and Henderson look real finds.
With the limitations of the NIQs I would like us to look at poaching some of the Connaught talent available, especially at 9,12 and 15 who are young players that could really inhance our squad.

I really hope that the big man proves me wrong but I have to say that part of our problems this year has been the injuries Muller has sustained which has completely affected his form and has been a barometer for the team this season.
I hope he does get back to form but it is harder the older you are and he is 33 now.
If he is to be replaced it has to be world class, someone like Ali Williams maybe?
dcpete
Novice

Post by dcpete »

Ruan dropped a hint during his interview with the BBC screened at half-time last night that there may be a few more South Africans joining him at Ravenhill. We know Afoa is likely to leave, Payne will become Ireland qualified and Muller's future is uncertain.

I seriously hope we keep Johann as we'll really struggle to replace him and we're short in the second row as it is - I hope a one-more-year campaign isn't necessary.

So working on the basis of 2 spots being available, a NIQ and a project player who or what positions are on the wish list?
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Paul Warwick I believe is a possibilty, plays 10 and 15.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.