Ulster Vs Ladyboys

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Ulster Vs Ladyboys

Post by pip14 »

So, last home game of the season on Friday night and potentially a glimpse of this years Heineken Cup Finial.
Last game in an Ulster shirt for Pedrie, Ian, Willie & Andy. Let's make it a good one and give them a great sendoff!!

Chances of players such as Ferris and Ruan getting a half of rugby? Or too risky with our current injurys?

SUFTUM
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Mummer
Novice

Re: Ulster Vs Ladyboys

Post by Mummer »

Last home game for boss McGlock?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

pip14 wrote:Last game in an Ulster shirt for Pedrie, Ian, Willie & Andy. Let's make it a good one and give them a great sendoff!!
Erm, have you suddenly forgotten about the HEC Semi? And the last Rabo game down in Limerick? And the potential Rabo play-offs and Heineken final? By my count they could still be 5 games off their last appearances!

Full team (maybe minus 1F) for 60mins, then ring the changes. If scrum is going badly then pull PaddyMac off at half-time, switch Court over and bring on Macklin.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Sorry Ruck, meant last home game at Ravers for them in an Ulster shirt. Reckon Leinster would play pretty much a full strength side?
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Start with Court and Macklin; bring on PaddyMac as required.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Out of interest,when did BOD last play at Ravers?? I say throw the kitchen sink at them, all good warm up for next week, if things are looking either really good or really lost then ring the changes at half time, otherwise at 60 mins.

But no one carrying a knock comes near the pitch, and just in case, I would rest Ferris. After all we dont want to show our full hand against the side we may play in the final, if we get there!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

BOD played in this fixture season before last (09/10)
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

IIRC he was their only 'first teamer' in that game - he was just back from injury and so played in a team surrounded by their second string. We won 26-12, or am I thinking of a completely different game?
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Eggs wrote:Out of interest,when did BOD last play at Ravers??
Last season. Can see why you'd like to forget that game though. :mexican:

Reckon it'll be a strong enough Leinster side this Friday. Most of the quarter-final team were rested last Friday so expect them to be selected for this game.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I reckon it'll be two full strength sides, battling it out to the bitter end. Hopefully our need for the win will prevail over their simple 'run out' exercise.
ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Post by ardsrugbyards »

[quote="LastKnightoftheproms"]You don't think the "Ladyboys" thing is a bit lame Pip?

i agree i think the 'Ladyboys' name calling is very lame, it is a munster thing that has come back and bit them in the ass, i think for other fans coming to this forum they must think we are a right bunch of name callers, i think the mexican's is better and less offensive as i assume it is to do with the 'south of the border' thing which wouldn't offend the same.

pip that is only my opinion and everyone is entitled to one as you are.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Ulster Squad for Leinster announced
17 April 2012, 12:26 pm
By Richard Finlay

The preliminary Ulster squad to face Leinster in the RaboDirect PRO12 on Friday has been named (Ravenhill, kick off 7.05pm)...
Paul Marshall has been ruled out an ultrasound scan has revealed that he has sustained some tendon damage to his right elbow.
The scrumhalf was injured in the act of scoring a try for Ulster during last Saturday's PRO12 match against Connacht at The Sportsground. He joins long term absentees Jared Payne, Simon Danielli, Chris Cochrane and Tim Barker on the sidelines.
Leinster have already ensured top seeding and a home semi-final in the RaboDirect PRO12. They have suffered just one reversal in any competition since September, a 22-23 loss to Ospreys last month. A Leinster win would ensure a first clean sweep by an Irish province in a season – winning all six inter-provincial clashes.
Ulster’s defeat at Connacht ended a four game winning run in the RaboDirect PRO12, but the Belfast based team remain just one point outside the top four going into the final two rounds of action. They have another trip to Munster on the horizon on the last weekend of the regular season.
Having lost just once in their last 20 home outings - against Treviso back in October - Brian McLaughlin will be hoping his side can continue that form to challenge for a semi final spot.
Over 9,500 tickets have been sold for Friday’s clash, but tickets are still available for the Promenade and Grandstand and can be purchased online at www.ulsterrugby.com or by calling 02890493222 (option 2). Due to the high volume of sales, it is likely that only tickets for the Memorial and Aquinas end (behind posts) will be available to purchase at the gate on match night.
Parking is restricted to permit holding residents on the following roads:
Onslow Parade, Onslow Park, Ravenhill Park, Ravenhill Park Gardens, Ravensdene Park, Ravensdene Crescent and Ravensdene Park Gardens. Any cars parked along these roads and not displaying a valid resident parking permit will be ticketed. There will also be restrictions in the Castlereagh area (Mount Merrion Avenue).
Supporters are encouraged to make use of the complimentary Park ’n’ Ride facilities on Ulster Rugby match days located at Pirrie Park on the Ravenhill side of the ground, and along Montgomery Road, on the Mount Merrion side of the ground.
There is ample parking at both locations and they are just a short distance from the ground. Supporters can either walk or take advantage of the free buses that run to and from the parking areas and the ground from 90 minutes prior to kick off until 90 minutes after the final whistle.
If required, the PSNI will also close the two main approaches to the ground, Onslow Parade and Mount Merrion Avenue at peak times of entrance and egress to and from the ground. For more information please contact our ticket office on 028 9049 3222.

Provisional Ulster Squad to play Leinster, Fri 20th April, Ravenhill (kick off 7.05pm):
Forwards:
Callum Black, Tom Court, Declan Fitzpatrick, Adam Macklin, Paddy McAllister, Andi Kyriacou, Nigel Brady, Rory Best, Lewis Stevenson, Johann Muller (captain), Dan Tuohy, Iain Henderson, Neil McComb, Stephen Ferris, Willie Faloon, Pedrie Wannenburg, Ali Birch, Mike McComish, Chris Henry, Robbie Diack
Backs:
Blane McIlroy, Ruan Pienaar, Ian Porter, Ian Humphreys, Paddy Jackson, Paddy Wallace, Ian Whitten, Darren Cave, Luke Marshall, Nevin Spence, Michael Allen, Stefan Terblanche, Craig Gilroy, Conor Gaston, Andrew Trimble, Adam D’Arcy
Unavailable due to injury:
Jared Payne (Achilles), Chris Cochrane (foot), Tim Barker (back), Simon Danielli (hamstring), Paul Marshall (elbow)
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

So the usual meaningless squad is announced. Is there some contractual requirement to announce something 72 hours before the game?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Anyone know will Barker have a chance to play again/get on the bench at all this season?

Anyway, play the full team apart from Ferris for 50/60 minutes, pray for no injuries and then empty the bench and let the youngersters have a run out.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pip14 wrote:So, last home game of the season on Friday night and potentially a glimpse of this years Heineken Cup Finial.
Last game in an Ulster shirt for Pedrie, Ian, Willie & Andy. Let's make it a good one and give them a great sendoff!!

Chances of players such as Ferris and Ruan getting a half of rugby? Or too risky with our current injurys?

SUFTUM
FFS what's happened now, I was sure he would be playing the rest of the season?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.